Review Second Elimination Final – GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs, Saturday 7th September 2019, Giants Stadium, 3.20pm

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
That's true. I was actually going for Freo in the 2013 GF but Freo fans have made me one of those stereotypical 'anyone but the Dockers/Eagles' WA supporters. They make it hard. I'm sure some of our fans do the same for them. I guess it's not fair to all of them, many are decent, but some are such asses. Anyway I'm waffling lol.
Hmmmm

I havnt met many non arrogant Eagles supporters to be totally honest mate

Used to get bashed by them in high school for supporting Freo

But I'm sure you are lovely :)

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Hmmmm

I havnt met many non arrogant Eagles supporters to be totally honest mate

Used to get bashed by them in high school for supporting Freo

But I'm sure you are lovely :)

Bashed up? That's effed. I'm sorry that happened to you. Some take it too seriously or use it as an excuse to be an a-hole. Hopefully you can meet more of us and see there are decent Eagles supporters. I've met some cool Dockers fans. One even said she was glad the Eagles won the GF last year haha. It doesn't go beyond banter, it's stupid to hate someone over a footy team.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Bashed up? That's effed. I'm sorry that happened to you. Some take it too seriously or use it as an excuse to be an a-hole. Hopefully you can meet more of us and see there are decent Eagles supporters. I've met some cool Dockers fans. One even said she was glad the Eagles won the GF last year haha. It doesn't go beyond banter, it's stupid to hate someone over a footy team.
I know mate all good :)

I'm 40 now so high school was a while ago haha. How's that for holding onto things.

I Think your boys will easily account for Geelong this week, and will be interesting against Richmond though mate

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I know mate all good :)

I'm 40 now so high school was a while ago haha. How's that for holding onto things.

I Think your boys will easily account for Geelong this week, and will be interesting against Richmond though mate

If you're 40 you were...16 when the Dockers joined? I'm 33 now so I was only 9. I didn't dislike the Dockers, but was too much of an Eagles fan to switch. I grew up close to Freo and prefer Freo as a place to Perth CBD, and like South Freo in the WAFL, but was too esconsed with the blue and gold lol. Didn't relate to the 'anyone but the Dockers' sentiment until Bigfooty really. But I should remember big footy doesn't represent the real world or all supporters. It's easy to generalise based on a few bad experiences. That's how racism etc often starts. But I'm waffling on...where in Perth are you from if I may ask?

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
If you're 40 you were...16 when the Dockers joined? I'm 33 now so I was only 9. I didn't dislike the Dockers, but was too much of an Eagles fan to switch. I grew up close to Freo and prefer Freo as a place to Perth CBD, and like South Freo in the WAFL, but was too esconsed with the blue and gold lol. Didn't relate to the 'anyone but the Dockers' sentiment until Bigfooty really. But I should remember big footy doesn't represent the real world or all supporters. It's easy to generalise based on a few bad experiences. That's how racism etc often starts. But I'm waffling on...where in Perth are you from if I may ask?
Grew up in Leeming, South of the river

I moved to Perth from the UK. So I grew up in a strong rugby union family. Started getting into AFL in 1994 when Freo joined. Hence why im a foundation member.

I'm lucky to be a foundation member of 2 AFL clubs.

Not many people have done that I wouldn't have thought.

Might move to Tassy if they get a new team. Haha just kidding

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Grew up in Leeming, South of the river

I moved to Perth from the UK. So I grew up in a strong rugby union family. Started getting into AFL in 1994 when Freo joined. Hence why im a foundation member.

I'm lucky to be a foundation member of 2 AFL clubs.

Not many people have done that I wouldn't have thought.

Might move to Tassy if they get a new team. Haha just kidding

Oh really, I lived in Winthrop, City of Melville. Used to go to Leeming Rec/aquatic centre as a kid.

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Haven’t seen he second half, nor about 5 minutes before half time. I just could not cop the umpiring. Handed my full beer to my mate and said; I’m done. See you after the game.

Went to the Brewery at the Novotel to have a pint and a punt. There was an nrl game on across the road so the boozer was full of leaguies and all the tv’s were on the Canberra game.

My mate lobbed at the pub and told me we had won. I couldn’t believe it.

This morning I read all 57 pages of the gameday thread on the main board. I’m glad that I wasn’t imagining just how s**t the umpires are. Especially #25. That little piece of s**t needs to have his tongue removed so he can’t blow a bloody whistle anymore.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Well done to the team and I am sure many Giants supporters will be re-watching the game as it was a great performance and it showed the maturity of what I think is a young list and to think 2 of the main inside mids are only 21 and 22 in Taranto and Hopper and this is reflected in the coaches votes from the game

10 Tim Taranto (GWS)
7 Jacob Hopper (GWS)
4 Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
3 Josh Kelly (GWS)
2 Jeremy Finlayson (GWS)
2 Matt De Boer (GWS)
2 Toby Greene (GWS)

Obviously the intensity around the contest was so different to the last few weeks of the H + A season and also the forward entries were much improved and well coached by Cameron and I do think he was keeping some things for the finals and on to another tough challenge for the Lions

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I thought it was a great effort to from the Giants

I found out my brother took my nephew to see the Giants as a Giants supporter so thank you for giving him the joy of success as a supporter.

If the Giants get up who knows he might even see the Giants in Melbourne or even in the GF which I am sure he will enjoy because now he wants to see the Giants play in Brisbane!!! :)

Back