Unofficial Preview Second Elimination Final, Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants, Saturday 8th September 2018, SCG, 4.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

It could be but I'd be surprised.

I think it's more a result of four of the five biggest clubs making finals, and six of the eight biggest.

I don't think it's the Sydney game crashing the site - it'd be ~335,000 members interested in Richmond v Hawthorn and West Coast v Collingwood.

Yep, so now:

TICKETS for week one finals at the MCG and SCG are set to go back on sale for members of competing clubs at staggered times beginning Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-28/huge-demand-sees-ticketek-call-halt-to-sales

God they're idiots. This was an obvious thing to foresee given their website has a history of going down for big events, and staggering release times is a time-honoured technique for managing load. Sigh.

We have 4 tickets for the lounge in front of the big screen.
We had guaranteed access to cat 1 tickets through the 200 club but I swore 8 years ago we would never go there again for a Swans game and nothing has changed.
Wandered around behind the swuad spot last home game, they were constantly harassing the back, calling them Greatest Waste of Space, despite 3 of them not even being giants players but top ups, feral morons and the worst home crowd of all I've ever been to.
Most of them have never been to an away game where they were outnumbered so arrogance personified.
Would love to see the buys silence them in the EF.

well that went slightly more smoothly today than it did yesterday.

seats secured in under 8 minutes.

Mine went slightly more smoothly, but still involved a timeout, "no tickets available" the second time, and tickets obtained the third time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re read the few interviews we have done over the last few days and I reckon 5 is the magic number

That’s how many changes we will make

Are there any designated giants bays for the game? Would prefer not to be sitting in a swans area.
If you bought in the members sake it would have allocated seats in a Giants bay from your barcode.
If you bought io will buy in the general sale it will be random.
For the QF at AO last year we were allocated a single bay right on the fence in the rain, and it didn't fill, so I ended up surrounded by Crows supporters anyway. I'm still filthy because I have freinds in Adelaide who went and could have bought tkts with them by preselecting seats and been dry.

The PF at the G was better we had 2 bays above the cheersquad in level 2 of the Ponsford stand. Even 1-1 5k supporters is a kind of critical mass. There was still some Tigers supporters in our bays though, but it was a cool vibe.

For the PF in 2016 the bays were alternate.

We'll have enough people for a fair number if bays at the SCG. Bottom line is it's hard to guarantee you wont be near oppo supporters, as unsold seats go at random in the general sale, sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back