News GFG on board as joint major sponsor

Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
4C326822-EBE3-4C77-832E-9C5D42E56099.png
E2D6A720-4C8E-4301-8BA0-0588B0303A5C.png

A company like his is a really unusual sponsor, really. It's not as if punters are going to be buying products or services from him.

He is a known philanderer though, so He's probably thrown a few bucks our way and got second major.

Probably paying a sixpence if we're honest.

All the above said, the links to China may have been the key. They love our steel.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
A company like his is a really unusual sponsor, really. It's not as if punters are going to be buying products or services from him.

He is a known philanderer though, so He's probably thrown a few bucks our way and got second major.

Probably paying a sixpence if we're honest.

All the above said, the links to China may have been the key. They love our steel.

Hopefully a decent length deal though. Going through this every two years isn't fun.

Sponsorship isn't always about selling products to consumers.

Woodside don't sponsor Fremantle to sell their fans LNG, they sponsor them to foster goodwill within the government/community and grease the wheels for sanctioning (and government funding / subsidies) for their multi billion dollar projects.. I imagine this sponsorship would have similar intentions.

I’m a bit meh about this. It’s more like “who can we sign to shut up the growing masses”.

It feels that way. I know I should be more up and about, but let's see what the deal entails.

Alright then. As long as he doesn't become SPP's player sponsor I guess it's OK.

Seriously though, I have no idea and it was a * up. I've been playing the Witcher and Thaler constantly calls Geralt a "ploughing philanderer".

Back