News GFG on board as joint major sponsor

Remove this Banner Ad

Sponsorship isn't always about selling products to consumers.

Woodside don't sponsor Fremantle to sell their fans LNG, they sponsor them to foster goodwill within the government/community and grease the wheels for sanctioning (and government funding / subsidies) for their multi billion dollar projects.. I imagine this sponsorship would have similar intentions.

potentially a tax write off as well, but doe put your name at the fore front of peoples minds.

I’m a bit meh about this. It’s more like “who can we sign to shut up the growing masses”.
Is it that Gupta's money is not worth as much as some other sponsor's money or is it being associated with the guy who single handedly saved Whyalla and has a very un-Adelaide can do attitude?

I recall Lockhart Road mentioning a Port and Whyalla connection a couple of weeks back.

Time to spill LR :p
I did indeed mention PAFC, Whyalla and Gupta in the one breath, maybe two. The connection makes so much sense. If Tredders put it out on channel 9 his record indicates its on the right side of the threshold. There are accusations of Gupta being a slow, even bad, payer. Right Port Woolwich ? But business can often be a matter of cash flow. It’s up to us to ensure we get paid up front or asap thereafter, as KT did with Sally Zou (god bless the casual one).

I did indeed mention PAFC, Whyalla and Gupta in the one breath, maybe two. The connection makes so much sense. If Tredders put it out on channel 9 his record indicates its on the right side of the threshold. There are accusations of Gupta being a slow, even bad, payer. Right Port Woolwich ? But business can often be a matter of cash flow. It’s up to us to ensure we get paid up front or asap thereafter, as KT did with Sally Zou (god bless the casual one).

if he does have a bad reputation, they would not go out game day without his logo on the gear without a signifiant deposit.

if he does have a bad reputation, they would not go out game day without his logo on the gear without a signifiant deposit.
Lot of negatives there.

Sponsorship isn't always about selling products to consumers.

Woodside don't sponsor Fremantle to sell their fans LNG, they sponsor them to foster goodwill within the government/community and grease the wheels for sanctioning (and government funding / subsidies) for their multi billion dollar projects.. I imagine this sponsorship would have similar intentions.
It is always for consumers, but it can be a very little market — like political authorities and bureaucrats...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep.
Need to see the colour of his money first before trumpetting the deal.

I didn't know who it was, and I'm still not totally convinced it is Gupta, but did hear from a couple of extremely credible sources that the deal was done before Christmas, signed and sealed, and the club is just waiting on some clean air to announce it. Kinda like the direct opposite of when we announced our financials for the year.

I didn't know who it was, and I'm still not totally convinced it is Gupta, but did hear from a couple of extremely credible sources that the deal was done before Christmas, signed and sealed, and the club is just waiting on some clean air to announce it. Kinda like the direct opposite of when we announced our financials for the year.

I reckon you do know who it is but you’re just not at Liberty to say.

Is it that Gupta's money is not worth as much as some other sponsor's money or is it being associated with the guy who single handedly saved Whyalla and has a very un-Adelaide can do attitude?
Not at all, just that it seems like a "take what we can get right now" thing to try and settle the rough waters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back