Preview Second Preliminary-Final - Richmond v GWS Giants, Saturday, September 23, MCG, 4.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umpiring could well be a massive factor in this match.

If there are going to be a butt load of booing, seething, frothing at the mouth Richmond fans on the night, then I fear the umps will be intimdated into making biased decisions against us.

Nothing but the best umps in the league will suffice.
Their human beings getting bombarded with the Tigers' fairytale at the moment in all the press in Melbourne and the umps will be absorbing it. They will also have crowd noise prompting every 50/50 decision.
Please don't let it be Nichols, Schmitt, Razor Ray, Dean Margettes and the curly haired going bald at the back guy. I thought Schmitt withe other two umps weren't too bad against the coast but if we get any of the above as two of the umps in our game then we're done imho.

Would love to know how many book tickets from our mob

It would be helpful if everyone was in 1 block. Would look and sound much better with everyone in one section.

Wonder if they have thought of that.

The bus idea is great and of we make the granny you can guarantee they will do it again. Makes it easier

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
News.com.au says 3,000 of the orange army.

I also saw that stat indicating 1300 gws seats. It's pretty concerning... we will have like 2% of the crowd. Not only is it a significant barrier but it's also a pretty sad turnout

Look I'm just a bad... won't be attending,
Will be at the big dance if it happens but couldn't do both

Hi all,

here is the link to the podcast we recorded tonight for the preview of the big game this weekend!

massive thanks to Giant Strides for coming on at such late notice, really appreciate it. your insights were fantastic.

as mentioned previously, I like to pride our previews on being fair to both sides and informative, I reckon this one was pretty balanced!

hope you enjoy!

good luck this weekend :)

You'll at least be near other GWS supporters. I don't know how they allocate bays to each club other than the cheer squads and nor can I say whether any particular GWS bays have been filled by Richmond supporters (it's not like it's some secret password), so I can't tell you whether M32 will be GWS or not, but you shouldn't be completely engulfed in Richmond supporters.
Hmmm - afraid not. We got a row of 8 Tigers allocated to us at about 9.15 - M32.
Good news - we're passionate but respectful and not feral (unless we're drinking). Bad news - we're drinking

Hmmm - afraid not. We got a row of 8 Tigers allocated to us at about 9.15 - M32.
Good news - we're passionate but respectful and not feral (unless we're drinking). Bad news - we're drinking
You got a long way to go to reach the level of the Mutts based on my experience.

Hi all,

here is the link to the podcast we recorded tonight for the preview of the big game this weekend!

massive thanks to Giant Strides for coming on at such late notice, really appreciate it. your insights were fantastic.

as mentioned previously, I like to pride our previews on being fair to both sides and informative, I reckon this one was pretty balanced!

hope you enjoy!

Great listen guys, well hosted and Giant Strides did us proud ;)

Hi all,

hope you enjoy!

Enjoyable listen. Well done guys

Hi all,

hope you enjoy!

Well done guys. Great discussion.

Listening to knowledgeable punters like this discuss the game is so refreshing to the usual dribble that gets served up on the mainstream shows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foundation member.
Named the f&cking club.
Live in Melbourne.
Didn't get a ticket.
I am f*cking fuming.

How did that happen? I had no probs in the members sale
The wife had yesterday off. She told me would log on in the morning and get them. She logged on at about 11:30 to do it. I tried for the next 4 hours and missed out. The worst thing happened...I had 2 tickets to the Ponsford Stand. I was putting in my credit card details...Ticketek website "timed out" I was putting in the CSV when it happened. Never had a chance to get another ticket. Even went to buy a single standing room only ticket...couldn't get one of them. I am absolutely shattered.

The wife had yesterday off. She told me would log on in the morning and get them. She logged on at about 11:30 to do it. I tried for the next 4 hours and missed out. The worst thing happened...I had 2 tickets to the Ponsford Stand. I was putting in my credit card details...Ticketek website "timed out" I was putting in the CSV when it happened. Never had a chance to get another ticket. Even went to buy a single standing room only ticket...couldn't get one of them. I am absolutely shattered.
Bugger
That is horrible.
There a resale Thursday from memory? I was told in Adelaide the the 2nd opportunity had better seats for many at AO, and people were able to get their regular seats. Should be some at least.

Bugger
That is horrible.
There a resale Thursday from memory? I was told in Adelaide the the 2nd opportunity had better seats for many at AO, and people were able to get their regular seats. Should be some at least.
Yeah, I'll be sweating on the resale at 12:00pm.

Wow. Pretty poor when one of our strongest most vocal Victorians cant get to a game.

Going in for the GF lotto?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I also saw that stat indicating 1300 gws seats. It's pretty concerning... we will have like 2% of the crowd. Not only is it a significant barrier but it's also a pretty sad turnout

As supporters, the noise will be intimidating, as it will be for the players. It's a question for both supporters and players, how much should we celebrate the goals? Is celebrating extravagantly poking the bear, or psyching out the oppo?

Wow. Pretty poor when one of our strongest most vocal Victorians cant get to a game.

Going in for the GF lotto?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yes mate. Also sent an e-mail to the Giants Membership department. Although I doubt they'll even get back to me let alone be able to help me out.

As supporters, the noise will be intimidating, as it will be for the players. It's a question for both supporters and players, how much should we celebrate the goals? Is celebrating extravagantly poking the bear, or psyching out the oppo?
I think that's one you've got to deal with yourself. I've been to a few insterstate games this year and I do think you make noise in general. Most opposition supporters expect it. We wont be noticed much anyway, at the G for the home and away game it wouldn't have mattered much what we did, but there were only 33k there.
Woildn't necessarily suggest abusing Tigers supporters but otherwise meh. I wouldn't want is to behave like Mutts supporters anyway, and last time the Tigers supporters didn't. For a final and particularly if they lose a close one, this time could be a bit more challenging.

I think that's one you've got to deal with yourself. I've been to a few insterstate games this year and I do think you make noise in general. Most opposition supporters expect it. We wont be noticed much anyway, at the G for the home and away game it wouldn't have mattered much what we did, but there were only 33k there.
Woildn't necessarily suggest abusing Tigers supporters but otherwise meh. I wouldn't want is to behave like Mutts supporters anyway, and last time the Tigers supporters didn't. For a final and particularly if they lose a close one, this time could be a bit more challenging.
I've got a lot of mates that are Tiger's supporters. They're good people.

Yes mate. Also sent an e-mail to the Giants Membership department. Although I doubt they'll even get back to me let alone be able to help me out.

Snookers! Mate, I contacted the membership team as I missed out on tickets - and they emailed me about 30 mins ago. I could get a couple of tickets behind the goals in M5. I told them I'd let them know within the hour, but I am going to have to decline.... I just saw flights return are over $500 as I'm a Gold Coast based Giants supporter.

I hope you get a reply from them and can get a ticket. I'll be wishing all week I was there! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back