Review Second Qualifying Final, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Richmond

Who were your five best players against Richmond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Disgraceful effort tonight.

We’re like a deer in the headlights when we play on the big stage.

Hate to think how much we’ll get pumped by Collingwood in the unlikely event we beat GWS.

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm disappointed but really proud the way the boys came out at the start to play. Such ferociousness.

That type of accuracy we've had several times throughout the year so not entirely due to the moment.. i guess.

The umps will get spoken of often.. and rightly so.

When we had the mojo going Rayner was right in the heat of it and that was really exciting to watch.

Hodge played his best game yet, great work by him

ONTO NEXT WEEK. KEEP THE SPIRITS UP WE'VE GOT A SECOND CHANCE!!!

ps. pleaseplease robbo don't be injured.

Unfortunate. Reamed by the umpires in the first, blinked and kept missing particularly that second, then they're up and we're down (and also we kept missing and the umps kept being terrible). Hodge vital. Rayner desperate. Neale, Clugga, class. McStay worked hard and despite shanking that one was good, as was Bundy.

Exceptional first. We'll learn and come back and have another go at it next week.

Hopefully just cramp for Robbo because definitely want him in the side.

ColdWarWarrior

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What a despicable performance, between those SOB's in green and a totally disfunctional forward line the richmond footy club couldn't put a foot wrong. Good luck to them probably favourites for the GF.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think we improved from last week.

Hodge was huge but the rest of the backline was poor. Answerth was ok.

The whole midfield was solid to brilliant at times. Stef was great in the second half but overall the rucking was poor. Oscar was awful.

Rayner, McStay and Linc attacked the ball really well and we shut down Vlastuin and Houli who killed us 2 weeks back. Hippy just off tonight which happens but worked hard.

We still played way better than what I thought we could going back 6 months.

If Robinson misses there’s half a dozen who could come in. I’d lean towards Keays in a like for like change.

DrummoSolo

All Australian
Feb 8, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aston Villa
It's fine, really.

We got our colours lowered by an experienced finals side who are now pretty heavy premiership favourites.

Despite the usual bleating you'll get from elements of the community, that's fine. A learning experience that we'll be better off having, and one we can hopefully take into next week for a much improved outing against GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad kicking, bad umpiring decisions when the game was on the line (and off the line, that Martin throw, smh) and a Tigers side that punished our every mistake.

Make no mistake, they thoroughly deserved this win. We were bad tonight though, not through Richmond’s doing like they did in R23 but by our own short comings.

I don’t believe Fages will be over reactionary with changes, if any at all. We should have the Giants covered and we’ve shown over the year we don’t have two bad kicking nights in a row.

Lastly, if we do beat the Giants, we get a GF type game as a reward. MCG prelim against the Pies. Win or lose, we gain so much experience from this campaign. Must win against GWS to gain it though.

Go Lions.

LethalLions

Senior List
Jul 30, 2006
gabbatoir
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aust Cricket Team, Broncs
Very very disappointed.

Need to make a statement to the afl about that blatant martin throw that resulted in a throw just like eddie would. Commentators on channel 7 thought it was a great laugh as it happened to us. We need a full afl apology

We lost our first final in 2003 and went on to win. Now Richmond are the other side of the draw.

Mcstay witheren linc and hipwood just nit good enough and had we kicked those goals I think we might have had them

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well the second half sucked. Tiges were ruthless and irresistible after we’d kicked ourselves out of a lead in the first half. Umpiring genuinely dreadful but can’t blame it for the result at all.

Gotta rebound next week v GWS. Making a prelim still an excellent outcome for the season but I can’t see us winning a prelim against the Pies.

Hodge, Neale, Bundy, Harris we’re easy votes. No idea who the fifth would be.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If we don’t have Robbo and Zorko is tagged out by de Boer we’ll need a midfielder who can provide a spark next week.

Having watched both games today, GWS could do a Richmond on us if we're not hard at it for the whole game. We were much better than the Dogs, but we crumbled under the running and pressure as did the Dogs.

The tigers are really ******* good I think. Just ran so much harder and made us look pretty s**t

Fans are so loud as well.
Even back in the glory years Richmond fans travelled well and loudly.

Back