Review Second Qualifying Final, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Richmond

Who were your five best players against Richmond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The guys a thug, and let’s not forget this.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

one missed call, oh * must mean hes the most favoured player in AFL history!!!

he has 14 frees for and 37 frees against this season, FOURTEEN frees in 21 games

if you wanna cry a river id take a look at selwood, pendlebury, etc, etc

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Scoreboard did us in - so draining when the opponents cannot miss. Intensity was great but .. well they get a goal with a throw and wink / laugh. Coach will earn his wages this week.

When you see where we allowed them to take their shots from, its not hard to see where the game was lost. No way they could miss from 20 meters out.

The game was lost on structure. Hang back and wait for them to give it back to you, destroy them off half back and get over the top goals.

We turn it over heaps and don't have the leg speed to defend once the balls moving, it is our Kryptonite. 2 teams have killed us with it, Richmond and the Dons.. but that's their style. The good news is, GWS are slick with their ball movement when they are up and about, but the style of play and ability to score is not a hallmark of theirs.

LIONS08

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Here is my two cents worth on the replacement of Robbo.
I have thought about this all week and I would love Matho to come in as a replacement.
Robbo’s mongrel will be missed a bit I believe and Matho can certainly supply that.
Matho’s stoppage work is highly rated within the team and with Neale to be tagged by De Boar it will be vital.
Matho also has the ability to get forward and take a couple of nice grabs.
The only issue I see with this is if we have Matho and Lyons in the same centre square bounce, we will need to win it as both struggle with speed defensively.
With Matho coming in I would push Berry out to the wing and rotate that position with Linc and even Zorko.

Tassie4ever

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Replay watched, Dan Rich needs to lift his intensity this saturday, too casual last week

His head was obviously not in the right place in this game, for whatever reason. Well down on his much improved intensity over this season.

Based on the self-reflection I've seen displayed in his more recent media appearances, I'd think he would be dissatisfied with his performance on Saturday.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
one missed call, oh fu** must mean hes the most favoured player in AFL history!!!

he has 14 frees for and 37 frees against this season, FOURTEEN frees in 21 games

Fair enough point. Generally he probably does get marked hard by the umpires.( Not hard enough though to stop them awarding him a Brownlow ;) )

It's of little consolation to us here though when we had to suffer that outrageous throw, on top of the other 50/50's and one or two other plain wrong calls that cost dearly in the context of the overall result.

Venting on the Forum provides group therapy so I reckon as passionate footy followers we would all get that.

I like your defence of your man and FWIW I don't agree with labelling him a "thug".

He's a bloody good player.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think we all agree Dusty is once in a generation gun and as such gets away with things. High fend offs etc..
He has been getting pinged more this year correct. He gets away with a few still other players would not.

He is not alone lots of gun players who seem to get away with things.
Bont is also a gun and as such gets away with throws.
Selwood again is a gun and has rubber legs
Danger is a gun and gets 10 mins to get rid of the ball in tackles.
Pendles the same as Danger lots more time then most players.
Nic Nat throws a guy into a fence gets a fine.

Maybe we be less cranky, if we had a protected player.
Does seem more players from Vic get a better run.
Neale is a gun although gets nothing even when tagged illegally.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Maybe we be less cranky, if we had a protected player.
Does seem more players from Vic get a better run.
Neale is a gun although gets nothing even when tagged illegally.

From memory, Lachie got a few frees when Port went the biff against him in Adelaide in Round 17.

Another masterstroke by Kenny baby.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
From memory, Lachie got a few frees when Port went the biff against him in Adelaide in Round 17.

Another masterstroke by Kenny baby.
Neale got 2 frees and 2 against.
The free count for the match checked again Port 33 Lions 19. I could not believe they went the man and won free kick count
Yes master class in coaching you think GWS would of seen they went for the man we kicked 6-7 in a row.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Neale got 2 frees and 2 against.
The free count for the match checked again Port 33 Lions 19. I could not believe they went the man and won free kick count
Yes master class in coaching you think GWS would of seen they went for the man we kicked 6-7 in a row.
Yep was appalling umpiring that day too, despite us being first to the ball most of the day.

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
one missed call, oh fu** must mean hes the most favoured player in AFL history!!!

Well I think 37 frees against supports my proposition the guy’s a thug.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Before I looked at the replay I thought I remembered one or two decisions that went our way. But it was more like 6 poor decisions. Bad calls or no calls by the umps around the goals that would have made it a very close game at 3/4 time.
You had a great season in 2019, I hope this COVID doesn't disrupt you too much.

Back