Review Second Qualifying Final, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Richmond

Who were your five best players against Richmond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Won contested possessions
Won clearances
Won tackle count
Won inside 50's 65-54
Lost game by ten goals

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That’s damning, frankly the scoreboard pressure in a game like this is telling. Was always concerned with tonight as finals footy is another beast all together however a lot will be taken out of it and a big learning lesson for them. Point to the above stats and also that we just have to go harder for longer. Take it into next week, win a final and that will be another step.

I cannot stand Nicholls. He is the worst umpire in the AFL, bar none.

We need a full afl apology for that throw that jack scored from. And hipwoods mark not paid. That's 2 goals there. Imagine the beloved Collingwood and eddie if that had happened to them. Up here it's a bit of a joke...its not a big Melbourne club that was basically assaulted by the umpires.

We have had naff all of a forward line for two weeks hippy Cameron and mcstay not worth a cracker. We just Carn't score after dominating all season , don't know how u fix that
Walker for McStay is a start.

Such a great first quarter and then such a horrible capitulation. Four points for the quarter and once again, missing shots on goal at key moments.

Both Answerth and Bailey were found out again as being are too small against Richmond. Witherden was terrible, as was Gardiner and Adams.

We have players with plenty of senior experience like Mathieson, Walker, Lester, Keays and Bastinac and they must get a run.

With Robinson looking like he will be out injured, Bastinac should get a game on the wing. McStay, our FULL FORWARD has kicked a total of 3 goals in 8 games and we can’t afford to carry him any longer. His miss in the second quarter was unforgivable. He is not up to it.

NEXT WEEK.

Out: Robinson(inj), McStay, Answerth, Bailey, Adams.

In: Bastinac, Walker, Keays, Lester and Mathieson.
You go on with some crap sometimes.

So simple :rolleyes:

I mean it's blatantly obvious. After all teams have been doing it all year...

Wait, what's that?

Sorry, just had it pointed out to me that my earlier comment is actually not the case. It's so simple that bugger all teams have managed it.

What a s**t way to lose. Death by a thousand cuts with the yips bringing us undone. Out of our depth.

They hung back, waited for us to kick it to them and then destroyed us on the rebound. It is the blue print for beating us, how more teams didn't do it to us since the Dons game baffles me.

We got demolished, who cares about scoring shots, they are waaaaay to good for us. We could play them for 10 weeks straight and they would win 10 times.

I am nervous about us carrying those yips into next week, very nervous.

Not ready for the big stage yet, not a top 4 team (really) and as feared straight sets feels entirely possible all of a sudden.

Having said all that, our effort and intent was good for the most part, we just lost to a better team.

The sun will come up tomorrow, we re-group and go again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 mares for Adams in a row. Andrews looked under the weather.
Kick straight in the first half and take out a few of the howlers from the undo and it wound have been a different game.
More scoring shots and getting flogged geez. So frustrating.
Feel sorry for Robbo.

I said this months ago. The way to beat us is to stop our midfielders scoring and close Cameron down. Simple. This, “we have many avenues to goal” malarkey is embarrassing. Fagan needs to weild the axe.

We won 16 games and scored well all year. We got beaten and shut down by a great team 2 weeks in a row. No one is wielding the axe. That's an emotional and idiotic suggestion going into an elimination final.

What a s**t way to lose. Death by a thousand cuts with the yips bringing us undone. Out of our depth.

They hung back, waited for us to kick it to them and then destroyed us on the rebound. It is the blue print for beating us, how more teams didn't do it to us since the Dons game baffles me.

We got demolished, who cares about scoring shots, they are waaaaay to good for us. We could play them for 10 weeks straight and they would win 10 times.

I am nervous about us carrying those yips into next week, very nervous.

Not ready for the big stage yet, not a top 4 team (really) and as feared straight sets feels entirely possible all of a sudden.

Having said all that, our effort and intent was good for the most part, we just lost to a better team.

The sun will come up tomorrow, we re-group and go again.
The kicks to Grimes' advantage was terrible.

I feel like the mids should be getting hammered way more than they are. People jumping on forwards and backs but to me we blatantly lost this in the middle - outmanoeuvred in the ruck, no pressure on the rebound through the middle, and too many easy take-aways from the contest. The forwards and backs had no chance. But I'm sure I'm shouting into the abyss here.

It's amazing that a team who's major forward is a small crumbing type could have gone so well for so long. It's not Charlie's fault he needs some others to draw the heat, a brutal key would help. Raynor will tear teams apart one day soon. Been the best year for so long, nothing can disappoint me about this group now. Hic
We just need a consistent KPF that is good for a guaranteed 3-4 goals most weeks. Hopefully Dan or Eric achieves that next year because we desperately need them to as both just go missing way too often.

The kicks to Grimes' advantage was terrible.

I feel like the mids should be getting hammered way more than they are. People jumping on forwards and backs but to me we blatantly lost this in the middle - outmanoeuvred in the ruck, no pressure on the rebound through the middle, and too many easy take-aways from the contest. The forwards and backs had no chance. But I'm sure I'm shouting into the abyss here.

I agree.. our inability to do anything about unopposed rebound is the main issue. 1 way runners.

We just need a consistent KPF that is good for a guaranteed 3-4 goals most weeks. Hopefully Dan or Eric achieves that next year because we desperately need them to as both just go missing way too often.

There was one player in the competition that did that this year. None last year, and two the year before that. I too would love Dan or Eric to become the best KPF in the competition, but also none of the above three players played in the premiership team in their respective years.

Last time against GWS Andrews dominated Finalyson, Gardiner did ok on Cameron and Lester struggled on Himmelberg. They did have a big, slow forward for Walker to play on and Adams should do a decent job on Himmelberg.

Answerth to Greene when he’s forward?

Back