Review Second Qualifying Final, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Richmond

Who were your five best players against Richmond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a great first quarter and then such a horrible capitulation. Four points for the quarter and once again, missing shots on goal at key moments.

Both Answerth and Bailey were found out again as being are too small against Richmond. Witherden was terrible, as was Gardiner and Adams.

We have players with plenty of senior experience like Mathieson, Walker, Lester, Keays and Bastinac and they must get a run.

With Robinson looking like he will be out injured, Bastinac should get a game on the wing. McStay, our FULL FORWARD has kicked a total of 3 goals in 8 games and we can’t afford to carry him any longer. His miss in the second quarter was unforgivable. He is not up to it.

NEXT WEEK.

Out: Robinson(inj), McStay, Answerth, Bailey, Adams.

In: Bastinac, Walker, Keays, Lester and Mathieson.

Spare me.

Such a great first quarter and then such a horrible capitulation. Four points for the quarter and once again, missing shots on goal at key moments.

Both Answerth and Bailey were found out again as being are too small against Richmond. Witherden was terrible, as was Gardiner and Adams.

We have players with plenty of senior experience like Mathieson, Walker, Lester, Keays and Bastinac and they must get a run.

With Robinson looking like he will be out injured, Bastinac should get a game on the wing. McStay, our FULL FORWARD has kicked a total of 3 goals in 8 games and we can’t afford to carry him any longer. His miss in the second quarter was unforgivable. He is not up to it.

NEXT WEEK.

Out: Robinson(inj), McStay, Answerth, Bailey, Adams.

In: Bastinac, Walker, Keays, Lester and Mathieson.
So many changes for a final? Bailey was sensational btw

For those disappointed. Listen to Richmond players genuinely pumping us up.
It’s rare any winning team doesn’t pump up their opposition in this politically correct era and come out and say how s**t or easy their opposition was. I wouldn’t believe any of it for a second, genuinely surprised you are but whatever makes people feel better.

I said this months ago. The way to beat us is to stop our midfielders scoring and close Cameron down. Simple. This, “we have many avenues to goal” malarkey is embarrassing. Fagan needs to weild the axe.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit harsh on Answerth and Bailey IMO. I’d be dropping Hipwood before Adams
Hey Robbie. They are too small and easily brushed off. I would prefer Keays and Mathieson.

there were probably 6 or 7 worse than him IMO. We had a lot of decent outings tonight. Rayner had less tackles than last week but played better
Not according to the AFL rankings. There were only three worse than him. Hipwood, Cameron and Adams.

Really hope wce or cats knock richm out. They are detestable and didnt channel 7 love the tiges getting up!

Mcstays miss was unforgivable for a bloke that has been in the system for years. Also Andrew's was either playing injured or was right off as his body language was at times bad. Expect better.

Also please can the players wear studs not moulds as we had a lot of players go to ground. Need to keep their feet

We have had naff all of a forward line for two weeks hippy Cameron and mcstay not worth a cracker. We just Carn't score after dominating all season , don't know how u fix that

It's amazing that a team who's major forward is a small crumbing type could have gone so well for so long. It's not Charlie's fault he needs some others to draw the heat, a brutal key would help. Rayner will tear teams apart one day soon. Been the best year for so long, nothing can disappoint me about this group now. Hic

Last edited:
They had unreal accuracy (well granted quite a few of their were cheeky out the backs or running into an open goal. Only 2 misses (and 2 rushed behinds).

The only way to counter that is to match it by accuracy or sheer weight of scores.

Back