Preview Second Qualifying Final, Saturday 7th September 2019, 7.25pm. v Tigers @ the Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sharing this sentiment. Have a strange sense of Zen about it.

However, lets not kid ourselves.. going out in straight sets from top 2 is bad what ever way you slice it. We need to win 1 of 2 at home. That's my 'content marker' and I feel other fans should be hoping for the same.

Basically a prelim final

They just said on AFL Tonight that:

- 12,500 tickets were sold to Richmond fans;
- a squad of 23 trained behind close doors today which included Cox and Christensen; and
- this was Christensen’s first full session so the 22nd spot will likely be between Cox and Christensen.

Not to get ahead of myself, but if we win what’s the consensus... Friday night or Sat night prelim? Cos I got something on the Friday night and I will be ******* inconsolable if I have to miss it.
If Cats win their prelim they should be Friday night and us Saturday.
If scum win their prelim we should be Friday and them Saturday.

HOWEVER I also know on the AFL TV rights deal that Channel 7 are contractually obliged to show any finals of ours on the main channel in Queensland so if we win 7 may want us Saturday regardless.
I am sharing this sentiment. Have a strange sense of Zen about it.

However, lets not kid ourselves.. going out in straight sets from top 2 is bad what ever way you slice it. We need to win 1 of 2 at home. That's my 'content marker' and I feel other fans should be hoping for the same.
Mine is win a final, not to lose to Collingwood and them not winning the flag.

They just said on AFL Tonight that:

- 12,500 tickets were sold to Richmond fans;
- a squad of 23 trained behind close doors today which included Cox and Christensen; and
- this was Christensen’s first full session so the 22nd spot will likely be between Cox and Christensen.
12500 would be a good outcome!
Still leaves about 24-25k for Lions fans, excellent!

At this point of the season, seeing we've exceeded all my expectations, everything from here is a bonus.

Realistically, the Tigers are the ultimate opponent, and therefore offer the best learning opportunity. Our worst outcome is to absorb the lessons, good or bad. Next year we'll see the benefit, as we did back in 1999. It's a learning curve.

We have enormous potential in our unbeaten NEAFL side, some of whom will inevitably make the grade. Talent will out. We can only get better. The siren song of the Eddie-whinge will tell all. All those benefits thrown our way. You know what we're talking about. Two months played at our home ground [well every second game anyway]. Beneficial officiating. Money. etc etc.

Observing Hardwick last night in full living colour- cocky might be too strong, very, very confident definitely. Great to see. Fagan should show it on repeat. Hardman will have a back up plan should the men in green or whatever ping the too-obvious holding, scragging, throwing, dumping etc on Charlie. And he won't let Neale roam free again, that's for sure.

Let's hope we have a Plan B for Reiwoldt, etc. Can't let the game go early again. We'll certainly have some alterations. Plant a big body in front of the run, maybe. I'd have suggested Walker if he was harder.

We'll learn from the last loss. Let's hope the crowd loudly point out the obvious infringements. Not that this would happen at the MCG. Ever.
Hardwick is channeling the 2001 Grand Final version of himself. All hubris. We will smash Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthews, Hodge, Fagan and the turd Scott brother...Fair to say you have a lot to thank us for. Anyways, while you leathery skin stoners find a way to thank me, can I hang around here and get on the Lions bandwagon?

Welcome, brother. We shall call you 'Billy Puller Jr'.

In the mix: Who's pushing for selection in week one of finals?
Get them in: The NEAFL team had its feet up at the weekend with a bye for the first round of its finals. Ben Keays, Lewy Taylor and Ryan Bastinac were all terrific in the Lions' final-round win over Sydney the week before.

Under the pump: By virtue of the fact he was the last man in, gifted utility Cedric Cox will be the man under the most heat, despite showing glimpses of his talent against the Tigers in round 23.

Medical room: Small forward Allen Christensen has been declared fit by coach Chris Fagan after overcoming a hamstring injury that kept him out of the final round.

Toyota WorkHorse Verdict: No need for sweeping changes, but Christensen was an integral member of the nine-game winning streak before his setback and should return at the expense of the unlucky Cox.

Literally last year Collingwood got the Friday night slot despite West Coast finishing higher than them on the table.
Ah well there you go, disregard my bulls**t above everyone, it's was a waste of space. My aged mind playing tricks on me again, it's all at the whim of the AFL.
I know it doesn’t suit your narrative of “VFL vs the rest” but Richmond finished on top, won our elim final so earnt the Friday game with extra rest. Collingwood just happened to be the one playing against us

God this is a long two weeks, how long till we eviscerate these richmond whiners in the Gabbatoir

I know it doesn’t suit your narrative of “VFL vs the rest” but Richmond finished on top, won our elim final so earnt the Friday game with extra rest. Collingwood just happened to be the one playing against us
I wasn't pushing the narrative in this case, but persecution complex aside good point. The site I used had the home team on the bottom for some bizarre reason which caught me out.

Not to get ahead of myself, but if we win what’s the consensus... Friday night or Sat night prelim? Cos I got something on the Friday night and I will be ******* inconsolable if I have to miss it.
Same here , Buck's party on Friday the 13th , what could go wrong right. ha ha.
But yeh I'm going to the game if we play that night.
maybe catch the boys if there still out .
We just got to win this Saturday, double win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back