Preview Second Qualifying Final, Saturday 7th September 2019, 7.25pm. v Tigers @ the Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have a real dilemma if they played the Pies in the GF.

I might even have to "barrack" for the Pies

Might.:think:
Let's not go that far...

My biggest concern is actually more to do with the quick turn over after a crazy bomb into our 50, and rebounding through the centre of the ground to deliver lace out to a strong leading Riewoldt. That's what ultimately killed us early in the game.

The rest of it, I'm really excited to see how we match up.

This is what I noticed in rd 23. Where usually after we turn it over in our f50 we would lock it in or at least strongly resist the rebound, the tigers were able to slice us apart from seemingly anywhere on the park

Just noticed I picked eTicket so I'll have to work out how that works, through an app apparently.

Just download the Ticketmaster app and then log in. Your tickets will be under “my events” and if you have an iPhone you should be able to add them to the wallet app and then you just show that at the gate.

Just download the Ticketmaster app and then log in. Your tickets will be under “my events” and if you have an iPhone you should be able to add them to the wallet app and then you just show that at the gate.
Thanks. Do you know if it's possible to hand off an eticket to someone else?

Thanks. Do you know if it's possible to hand off an eticket to someone else?

yep just got emailed mine from the person who bought my tickets for me while i was on a plane from Chicago and couldn't book my own tickets. Got the choice to print them out as well instead of eticket too.

Was wanting to post about this. This new guy who no one knows the name of has put the much lauded KM Jnr to shame from the moment he walked in the door.

Nobody, repeat nobody, could have detested having the Lions as a co-tenant more than the fabled [this is intended to be ironic] KM.

He loathed hosting them- I know this first hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice OP BRAB

The very best of luck to all of my Lions friends. The Gabba rocks when it’s full, I’ve been there plenty of times, so I hope that for all of you that are lucky enough to be there this week that things go well.

What I think, for what it’s worth, is that the way you beat Richmond is that you beat them in the middle, you do not let them out number you at the back, and that when you win it in the middle you kick the s**t out of it. Chaos. Flat, low, crap, anything, just kick the s**t out of it going forward and have equal numbers. I have no doubt that you guys will do this.

Good luck, I would love you to win.

Nice OP BRAB

The very best of luck to all of my Lions friends. The Gabba rocks when it’s full, I’ve been there plenty of times, so I hope that for all of you that are lucky enough to be there this week that things go well.

What I think, for what it’s worth, is that the way you beat Richmond is that you beat them in the middle, you do not let them out number you at the back, and that when you win it in the middle you kick the s**t out of it. Chaos. Flat, low, crap, anything, just kick the s**t out of it going forward and have equal numbers. I have no doubt that you guys will do this.

❤️

Was wanting to post about this. This new guy who no one knows the name of has put the much lauded KM Jnr to shame from the moment he walked in the door.
His name is David Sandurski. was cricket curator at the MCG for the previous 5 or so years and before that at Allan Border field. So he's from a cricket background, but seems to have managed to get on top of the whole transition between 2 types of grass issues that seemed to plague the gabba in the last 5 or so years.

By some miracle I'm actually going and * I hope you win. Seeing the lions back at the pointy end of the season is awesome for footy up here.

First time I'm actually ever going to a finals game as well funnily enough.

God it would be good to see a few Tiges posters munch on some words - the main board thread has been a total shitfest since it was started.

Nice OP BRAB

Kern pls. And thank you.

I haven't followed Tigers team selections this year but is the fact that they look like going with the 2 rucks(Soldo/Nankervis) on oddity for for them this season?

Does that say they are a bit worried about our Martin/McInerney combo?

I haven't followed Tigers team selections this year but is the fact that they look like going with the 2 rucks(Soldo/Nankervis) on oddity for for them this season?

I think it's just because neither Chol nor Balta have been very convincing, and neither Soldo nor Nankervis can ruck a full game.

It's a risk for them. The Gabba is a little shorter than the MCG and it's not quite so easy for key forwards to find space. Both of their ruckmen are going to have to be conscious of not getting in the way of Lynch and Riewoldt leading when they're playing down there, something that would have been easier for more mobile players.

Last edited:

If they were that confident they’d go in unchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back