Preview Second Semi-Final - Brisbane v GWS Giants, Saturday 14th September, Gabba, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s happening with future captain Cogs? Is he any chance of a return or goneski for 2019?

Silly of Toby but we can still beat Brisbane, every team can be beaten, just gotta be better when it counts 👍

What’s happening with future captain Cogs? Is he any chance of a return or goneski for 2019?

Silly of Toby but we can still beat Brisbane, every team can be beaten, just gotta be better when it counts 👍
1-2 weeks in the latest injury report. I'd hope he'd be knocking on Leon's door everyday this week

I know the hair comment is in jest. But I have just gone back to the recording to watch the the incident and the before and after.

After the alleged incident as he gets up and rejoins the play, Bont's hand does not go to feel his eye (as you would if you had any discomfort in your eye), he does not look to talk to any umpires ... just brushes his hair back and trots off after the ball.

From that it does sound like a bit of rough housing nothing serious. If he'd gouged Bont's eye he'd have had a go at Greene at least

You look at the heading on the back of the paper today (Daily Telegraph) "GREENE GOUGE GOREFEST"

Typical Sydney Swans backed paper, only 1 team in the finals from Sydney and instead of getting on the Giants band wagons and have the paper go with a anti-VIC method most of the stories will be against GWS.

You look at the heading on the back of the paper today (Daily Telegraph) "GREENE GOUGE GOREFEST"

Typical Sydney Swans backed paper, only 1 team in the finals from Sydney and instead of getting on the Giants band wagons and have the paper go with a anti-VIC method most of the stories will be against GWS.

The Telegraph doesn't give a s*** about AFL in Sydney.

The Telegraph doesn't give a s*** about AFL in Sydney.
I used to laugh whenever the Telegraph ads came up on the electronic billboard around the ground last season - "we're for you". Bullshit, you're not for the Giants and you're barely for anyone who's not a racist.

Great intensity, presence and composure by the boys on Saturday.
No reason to think they can't bring that against the lions. The past four years of finals experience may hold them in good stead as well.
Very pleased with our performance, and a pretty enjoyable atmosphere at GIANTS stadium too.

Been umming and aahing as to whether or not to go up for this one. Was going to do a road trip with a mate. In the end had to pull the pin.... 20 hours in the car on a weekend is just too much

Will have to settle for yelling at the TV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me Greene gets a fine. The facial contact and grabbing the head dictates a sanction but to miss a final when the player was not injured and there was no visible poke would be ridiculous. With his rap sheet it’s a big fine, perhaps 20k with 5 or 10k suspended.

If he gets a week he should appeal.
I think he will get 2 weeks and I think they will appeal.

What do they have to lose really

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Without getting ahead of myself, I think we are on the fortunate side of the draw here, the lions are beatable and are still green with finals experience with their current squad whilst our squad have all played multiple finals.

I think we are a real chance this weekend, just need to maintain the energy and work ethic and play as a team, we are used to hostile crowds but with respect to the lions, we aren’t facing 60k plus at the MCG this week so I don’t see ya getting intimidated by the crowd.

Should be a cracker !!!

It really is a win win for him though isn't it haha

Will be a relaxing week

Wrong way around. Didn't want either to lose this early in the finals.

Think whoever gets through could beat the Pies - they're not consistent.

So knowing Lids is out the next cabs off the rank are Tomlinson and Hately. Personally Im going with Tomlinson. He has been down but it would have hurt him to be left out and he is clearly emotionally invested in the team. He was in his civvies on Saturday but on the field to chair Lids off. Speaks volumes about his character.

If we lose Toby then it will be a toss up between Hill and Hately (again). Hately is more versatile as he can play several positions but I think we will go Bobby. He just has x factor

In regards to match ups, DeBoer should go to Zorko as he is susceptible to a tag (the temptation would be Neale but he is less vulnerable imo and Zorko hits the scoreboard)

Reid to go to Cameron as he did last game after he kicked two early ones. Can out body him if needed but has pace to challenge him when needed.

I would let the other mids go head to head

I think he will get 2 weeks and I think they will appeal.

What do they have to lose really

The thing is the evidence is what we have all seen and in that there is absolutely nothing which suggests he gouges or pokes the eye.

In fact the charge is not gouging, that has been spun by Western Bulldogs supporters who are probably running high on emotion and low on their weekly supply of methadone.

The mutts have a couple of bitches in the media who like to set narratives and hang people according to their agendas, one is prominent on Channel 7.

The charge itself is unnecessary contact for which he is guilty but as there is no gouge and the player was not put out of the game or even sidelined for any period of time a fine is the only reasonable action.

Anything beyond that and Greene should be appealing and should also be thinking City Hall is run by the media.

Matthew Lloyd and (shockingly) Damien Barrett both on access all areas saying that Toby will get a fine. No footage to suggest a gouge and think he gets off unless Bont says he did it.

I say AAA and was also surprised even though I think Barrett was trying to bait them towards a different answer.

What doesn't hold well is Michael C interviewed on the AFL app continually pushed the point that he referred it to the tribunal for the seriousness of the whole "series" of events during this scuffle.

What I read from that is that if it was JUST the hair pull or JUST the face grab, then a fine would be likely. But add them all together and it's not a good look for the game

He will get weeks in my opinion.

I love Toby, but This is not what I want my 3 year old daughter seeing to be fair

I say AAA and was also surprised even though I think Barrett was trying to bait them towards a different answer.

What doesn't hold well is Michael C interviewed on the AFL app continually pushed the point that he referred it to the tribunal for the seriousness of the whole "series" of events during this scuffle.

What I read from that is that if it was JUST the hair pull or JUST the face grab, then a fine would be likely. But add them all together and it's not a good look for the game

He will get weeks in my opinion.

I love Toby, but This is not what I want my 3 year old daughter seeing to be fair

That’s measured I suppose

I think we can rule out eye gouge from the later reports. The issue as you say is the several offences at once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back