Preview Second Semi-Final - Brisbane v GWS Giants, Saturday 14th September, Gabba, 7.25pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I say AAA and was also surprised even though I think Barrett was trying to bait them towards a different answer.

What doesn't hold well is Michael C interviewed on the AFL app continually pushed the point that he referred it to the tribunal for the seriousness of the whole "series" of events during this scuffle.

What I read from that is that if it was JUST the hair pull or JUST the face grab, then a fine would be likely. But add them all together and it's not a good look for the game

He will get weeks in my opinion.

I love Toby, but This is not what I want my 3 year old daughter seeing to be fair

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thats a propaganda piece against the Giants at best!!! Are you on a competitor stakeholders payroll??

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Serious question

Do we have a main board mod ? Things are getting Nasty over there

Sadly I think if Greene gets off he may not make it through the finals. Players will be out to get him

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have you got something against Toby Greene with your over the top comments??

I know what it is, you have laid the Giants haven't you???

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
so Merret pulls hair and gets a fine
toby pulls hair and gets time

consistency?

they'll find him guilty of being Toby Greene.

One could strongly argue that watching a player slung into a fence directly in front of children is every bit as horrific in terms of “look of the game”. He deserves a financial sanction and no more.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
One could strongly argue that watching a player slung into a fence directly in front of children is every bit as horrific in terms of “look of the game”. He deserves a financial sanction and no more.
Don’t forget the chokehold he was put in first. Grab a player round the throat and slam him into the fence = fine for Nic Nat.

How many weeks you reckon Mummy would have got?

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
AFL's legal counsel Jeff Gleeson QC submits for a "significant fine" of between $5000 to $7500, given his remorse and that he has made no attempt to defend his action. Gleeson says it would be "one of the more significant fines" handed out by the AFL Tribunal, but says it "falls short of warranting a suspension sanction" due to Greene's guilty plea.

I’ve looked at a number of sources and this is total crap

He deserves a fine at most
Turns out to be correct $7500 fine.
tbh I thought Bont should have been suspended for the Haynes hit and I thought Tobys play in that segment was nothing short of a dog act

Last edited:

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Do I really want to go and slog through the outrage on the other boards?

Part of me really does

Part of me really couldn’t be bothered

All I can say is “totally suck on that all you winging w***nkers”

I do find it interesting/hilarious that the AFL Council (ie: the prosecution) didn’t call for a suspension. That suspension was essentially never on the table.

As I said - suck on that.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Do I really want to go and slog through the outrage on the other boards?

Part of me really does

Part of me really couldn’t be bothered

All I can say is “totally suck on that all you winging w***nkers”

I do find it interesting/hilarious that the AFL Council (ie: the prosecution) didn’t call for a suspension. That suspension was essentially never on the table.

As I said - suck on that.
I was going to and then I thought why ruin a great finals week

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
Best news
Its official : Toby Greene is free to play in the Giants' semi-final against the Lions. He has been fined $7500.

Very good news.

And how kind of them to fast track the hearing, and minimise disruption to our preparations this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back