Game Day Second Semi-Final - Lions v Giants, Saturday 14th September, Gabba, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Play no ruck and extra mid

Is Dawson Simpson healthy? I know he is retiring but didn't hear if he was injured. I take it Briggs is nowhere near the level yet.

GWS has to be the plum gig for any second ruck in the comp. Great team with just that one weakness. Guaranteed game time.

Thrilled about the win but unfortunately I think Greene may get rubbed out next week due to another hand in the face incident.

If there genuine good will, why bring up the length of the thread?

I was too busy watching the game to be posting while it was happening. Lots of others were. Yes, we don’t have a huge supporter base, and we’re not a big presence on big footy - so what?

Comment on the game.
Comment on the players
Comment on the 31 free kicks they got
Comment on the ramifications for next week
Comment on lots of stuff

Don’t comment on the length of the thread - it’s just trolling
so you talk to a 20 year senior moderator from another club that way? champ, you need all the posters you can get - nice missed opportunity, clown.......

If there genuine good will, why bring up the length of the thread?

I was too busy watching the game to be posting while it was happening. Lots of others were. Yes, we don’t have a huge supporter base, and we’re not a big presence on big footy - so what?

Comment on the game.
Comment on the players
Comment on the 31 free kicks they got
Comment on the ramifications for next week
Comment on lots of stuff

Don’t comment on the length of the thread - it’s just trolling

Nah, I want the Giants to thrive. I get where they are at and what disadvantages they have supporter wise. It's going to take a fair while.

You guys are genuinely my second team at the moment. There was a mention elsewhere that the game day thread couldn't get past Page 5, so I was waiting for it to roll over.

I was in the finals thread on our board commenting most of the game and you'll see I was clearly barracking for GWS and making comments about the free kicks and so forth. I only headed over here after the game to congratulate you and there is no point talking about free kicks once you've won.

Thrilled about the win but unfortunately I think Greene may get rubbed out next week due to another hand in the face incident.
Yeah I'm concerned that they can't just let it happen again that soon. Makes a mockery of it all

I'm just disappointed Toby could be so stupid

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a gritty finals win, ugly but beautiful.

Greene was just unreal, he is a mercurial talent. Opposition fans can bitch all they like but everyone of them would love him on their team.

Defence was immense, repelling wave after wave, just a terrific effort.

Hopper is becoming truly elite, he plays finals footy and is a jet.

Ruck is still our major concern, not sure how we negate Grundy! Hopefully we find a way.

Selection is going to be interesting, Tommo made a bad blue tonight and again was off the pace. Do we go that way or do we bring in Hill or Langdon?? That call is going to be big.

So happy to be in a Prelim again!

Didn't think there was much in that Greene incident at first, saw the replay and still don't think there was much

But the media and social hysteria and beat up throughout this week surely will play a massive role

Definitely has reasons to be nervous I'd say, even tho he said he didn't think much of it post-match

There was a mention elsewhere that the game day thread couldn't get past Page 5, so I was waiting for it to roll over.

Fair enough, though it would have been helpful to quote or at least mention that at the time. The way it appeared (without context) was a common troll about the amount of support we have - and after 8 years of being told I don’t exist (or I’m a paid actor hired by AFLHQ) I’m sick of it.

We just won a great game and I come onto the board to feel good and celebrate with other supporters and there’s that comment (that, as I said, without context) reads like a troll.

All good.

Great start to the game was enough to ultimately get the boys over the line. Dodged a few bullets but all good.

Williams, De Boer, Haynes, Greene absolutely outstanding. Hopper as hard as a cat's head. Two great finals in a row from him.

Sammy Taylor a lot better this week even though his man kicked a few.

Geez I hope Cogs can get up next week!

Great start to the game was enough to ultimately get the boys over the line. Dodged a few bullets but all good.

Williams, De Boer, Haynes, Greene absolutely outstanding. Hopper as hard as a cat's head. Two great finals in a row from him.

Sammy Taylor a lot better this week even though his man kicked a few.

Geez I hope Cogs can get up next week!
Imagine cogs and lids in by GF for a fairytale flag haha

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back