Game Day Second Semi-Final - Lions v Giants, Saturday 14th September, Gabba, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't think there was much in that Greene incident at first, saw the replay and still don't think there was much

But the media and social hysteria and beat up throughout this week surely will play a massive role

Definitely has reasons to be nervous I'd say, even tho he said he didn't think much of it post-match
They were talking it down in the post match on Fox. Like they said, his fine last week was based on a culmination of things (ie a series of indiscretions) - tonight as just an isolated incident so couldn't be anything more than a fine again.

Just watched the last quarter again. Replayed certain incidents. Mumford int he ruck and all those free kicks. Mumford goes off, replaced by Thommo. Martin does the same thing to Thommo, that Mumford was pinged for. No free kicks.
It's keeping me awake, and I hate it.

How lucky was that, thrilling contest but you cant help but feel that they stole victory from the Lions and the style of play was so different from what the team plays IMO. low possession and I think i can only remember 1 switch of play
The young Lions will take a lot from that and it will be interesting to see how they go in 2020 without Hodge and the top 6 draw but with Zorko and Cameron they have plenty of speed and the young mids with another pre season I can see a bright future for the team

A few players down for the Giants but I think it comes down to the style of game and hopefully they can bounce back in the prelim, not sure on what changes could be made but Mumford is such a liability in the ruck and I dont see any other options on the list really so i think supporters should be prepared for him to give away another 10 frees
Davis, Haynes, Greene and Daniels the heros of the game and for a win next week it will need a repeat of their heroics and also Kelly and Whitfield to step up but tbh I am not confident with them playing the MCG and having 90k+ Pies supporters in the crowd we will see the umpires penalising any little infraction by the Giants and the noise when Toby gets the ball will be the loudest the MCG has ever recorded

How lucky was that, thrilling contest but you cant help but feel that they stole victory from the Lions and the style of play was so different from what the team plays IMO. low possession and I think i can only remember 1 switch of play
The young Lions will take a lot from that and it will be interesting to see how they go in 2020 without Hodge and the top 6 draw but with Zorko and Cameron they have plenty of speed and the young mids with another pre season I can see a bright future for the team

A few players down for the Giants but I think it comes down to the style of game and hopefully they can bounce back in the prelim, not sure on what changes could be made but Mumford is such a liability in the ruck and I dont see any other options on the list really so i think supporters should be prepared for him to give away another 10 frees
Davis, Haynes, Greene and Daniels the heros of the game and for a win next week it will need a repeat of their heroics and also Kelly and Whitfield to step up but tbh I am not confident with them playing the MCG and having 90k+ Pies supporters in the crowd we will see the umpires penalising any little infraction by the Giants and the noise when Toby gets the ball will be the loudest the MCG has ever recorded
We beat them with Daws and Mummy tag-teaming Grundy a few months back. Does Cameron bring in Daws for a Prelim?

He’s not a “horses for courses” kind of bloke, and Cogs should be right, so he comes in....

Who misses? Perryman out for Cogs...Lloyd our for Simpson?

We beat them with Daws and Mummy tag-teaming Grundy a few months back. Does Cameron bring in Daws for a Prelim?

He’s not a “horses for courses” kind of bloke, and Cogs should be right, so he comes in....

Really doubt cogs will get up from Leon’s presser. But if he did... I reckon Tomlinson goes out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the replay this morning as there was lots to digest.

Giants simply took their opportunities while the Lions fluffed so many chances.
Razor Ray & co will hopefully be nowhere near the GF, regardless of who is playing.

Jonathan Brown had a good sook on Fox Footy. He could only give backhand compliments to GWS.
Cameron Ling was the only Ch7 commentator to fully acknowledge the Giants were getting the worst of the umpiring calls.
Lions got away with more than GWS did. Not just the throws but getting away with obvious two hands in the back pushes in the midfield.

Mummy's knees are gone. That's why all he can do is run through people. If Simpson comes in Giants mids will simply ruck to Grundy next week and use Tomlinson to tag him.
Tomlinson wasn't effective but he usually plays well at the MCG. His height and running power will be valuable next week.
The backline was amazing only conceding 8 points in the last 14 mins. Really pleased that Brent Daniels will have a bit of the spotlight on him.
Toby was silly again but should only be a fine.

Lions were awesome. They will be better next year. If Stef Martin didn't cramp up late it may have been a different outcome.

What was Thommo’s stats?
Maybe he should go out for Hill. Sometimes a youngster doesn’t get phased by a big occasion, but of course sometimes they do.
Some of those Mumford calls were 50/50 and weren’t called both ways.

In: Simpson, Keefe, Hill
Out: Mumford (rested), Tomlinson, Lloyd

Leon needs to roll the dice that team can get through to GF and give Mummy the week off. He cannot play 4 straight finals and was clearly cooked last night.

I like Lloyd but think another small up forward is necessary. Daniels mentioned after the game that he could not find any space out there.

Can't believe how the Mummy gets treated by the over officiating umpires ...they were dreadful all game to both sides..54 free kicks..Joke. Something I also noticed is that the stats people have given Mumford 9 Clangers. What absolute BS that is. So to me there is a natural Bias against Mumford on a lot of different levels. Even here some Giants fans happy to rest him next week. The Giants are EVERY chance to beat Collingcrap next week and really do not have to change a thing. Geelong were pathetic against the Pies and the Pies were not much better...Go the Giants :D

Something I also noticed is that the stats people have given Mumford 9 Clangers. What absolute BS that is.

I was told once a couple of years ago that a free kick against is counted as a clanger- so 8 (some BS) free kicks and one “proper/true” (what we would consider a) clanger.

Lions definitely the better team over 120 minutes, to win against that is a massive salute to our backs.
Onward and upward, hopefully with Cogs in :)

how likely is that. He would have had to be close this week if we was any chance next week.

Would love to see a fit Cogs added to the side next week but can anyone let me know the likelihood of that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back