Fixture Second Tier Comps 2021 and the impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Does anyone know what's going on with second tier competitions in 2021?
I know that the Eastern comp particularly for the Victorian sides has been on hold a few weeks.
Are clubs playing practice matches with each other? What about other state comps?

I feel this is a pretty big impact not having reserves players play for those teams. Not only for the clubs as it makes it harder to bring in form players, but for the players themselves it's terrible for their development, trying to get a game, those trying to save their careers, or rehab and build fitness.

Anyone across what's going on or when we might see things return to normal?

Does anyone know what's going on with second tier competitions in 2021?
I know that the Eastern comp particularly for the Victorian sides has been on hold a few weeks.
Are clubs playing practice matches with each other? What about other state comps?

I feel this is a pretty big impact not having reserves players play for those teams. Not only for the clubs as it makes it harder to bring in form players, but for the players themselves it's terrible for their development, trying to get a game, those trying to save their careers, or rehab and build fitness.

Anyone across what's going on or when we might see things return to normal?
it's a good question, compounded with the fact that much of last year was a write-off also.

2 years without proper development is devastating for a new recruit.

it's a good question, compounded with the fact that much of last year was a write-off also.

2 years without proper development is devastating for a new recruit.
Agree I think its something that has a pretty significant impact on players and then teams but it goes undiscussed.

Maybe because the expectation is this year it will go back to normal soon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back