Second tier players

Remove this Banner Ad

hawfawnchick

Debutant
Feb 7, 2001
The Big V
Just wanted to say how impressed I was once again by our 'second tier' players. Smithy once again showed why he was worth the wait, Radar gave Kemp a lesson in 4 quarter football and Johnson with his silky skills reminds me of when Harf started playing footy and seemed invincible. Of course there were many others (Crawf and crew) who played good games, but to challenge Essendon next week we need EVERYBODY to pull together and play 4 quarter footy.....5 minutes of 'switching off' is all it will take to Essendon to take control; but also Essendon will need to be on their game too.

With Hay in doubt for next week, I was wondering if anybody watched Box Hill play and whether any smokeys like Hazell could be considered to boost our height and also possibly throw a spanner amongst the Essendon backline???

well i think it is a bout time that nathan lonie got a go in the seniors, i tell ya this boy is sensational.
even obba could get a go in the seniors!!!
we have a few to choose from though from boxhill!!!!

HOW GOOD WAS

Brett Johnson, aye.....30 possies.....great game by him even though the eagles were weakened it wasnt their midfield that was weakened....And our boy johnno played a magnificent game.
if you really look at his game time to possesion ratio...he would average pretty close to 30 possesions a game if he played full games week in week out.

I also think if they need to play a defender out of necessity..then they should promote Lonie to the team....But im counting on the match commitee to select Nicholls..as apparantly he was B.O.G for box hill on the weekend....So he will be one to look out for promotion...but interesting to see who gets dropped...to re include woods and picione.

I also like to make mention of Angelo Lekkas stellar season to date....he has been a rock of gibraltar for us this season...and has gone a long way to quieting his doubters.

Another great player to dateis joel smith, also i liked Kris Barlows game on the weekend...very clean with his hands and adds another avenue to goal.

So in closing , its a big game for our boys on the weekend....hopefully we win..and i am quietly confident...and i will be attending in full voice...CARN THE HAWKERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back