Streaming Secret Invasion (Marvel on Disney+)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies if there's already a thread but couldn't find/see one.

Cracking start.

Haven't been the biggest fan of the current phase, but really enjoyed the first ep. Love the tone and pace.

Didn't mind the first episode. Though I probably would have like to see some actual superheroes in there (as that was the premise of the original comic-books).

Trouble is with Skrulls, anyone could be one - so you are always wondering. It was pretty obvious right from the start that Martin Freeman was gonna be one though...

I can see Nick Fury (whether the one we have seen on screen so far is him or not) will die in this series, ending Samuel's time in the MCU.

First time I saw Ben Mendelhson in anything was mid 90s, from memory the film was called Idiot Box.

Wild to think that 25+ years later, he’s featured in the massive franchises of Nolan’s Dark Knight Trilogy, Star Wars and Marvel. Granted TDKR was more of a minor support role, however Krennic was an excellent villain and great to see how prominently Talos has been utilised compared to the source material. Not just in Captain Marvel but here as well.

What a career he’s had. And he’s fantastic in this, every scene with him and his daughter was outstanding.

First time I saw Ben Mendelhson in anything was mid 90s, from memory the film was called Idiot Box.

Wild to think that 25+ years later, he’s featured in the massive franchises of Nolan’s Dark Knight Trilogy, Star Wars and Marvel. Granted TDKR was more of a minor support role, however Krennic was an excellent villain and great to see how prominently Talos has been utilised compared to the source material. Not just in Captain Marvel but here as well.

What a career he’s had. And he’s fantastic in this, every scene with him and his daughter was outstanding.

The Big Steal is still his best. But I really liked Mississipi Grind with Ryan Reynolds. The same directors did Captain Marvel.

Didn't mind it, but it didn't have me fanging for the next episode. Seems very much like MCU have tried to make a show similar in tone to Andor. But yeah, if they try and pull Skrull swapsies too often it'll get old quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought the second episode despite no action was some of the meatiest dialogue Marvel has had in some time. So glad this has tried to be its own thing.

I'm just hoping they don't leave too much to the last episode though.

Enjoying the longer episode lengths and the breathing room given to each scene. It’s much more violent and darker than usual. Akin to a DC tone.

The Council scene was a bit odd, with how quickly the two others who were sceptical at first but then submitted.

Yes Olivia Colman is very good in this. She seems to be enjoying herself as well haha.

Good episode, good tone and tension. Escalating rapidly. I think there’s only 3 episodes to go, which is such a shame really. Some of these Disney+ shows really could be 10+ episodes.

Nice little callback to Extremis of Iron Man 3 with the way Gravik’s hand lit up. That was referenced in last week’s episode too.

Any scene with Mendehlson and Samuel L Jackson is the standout. I could watch a whole episode of just those two blokes talking.

That speech in the car, sensational.

Good episode, good tone and tension. Escalating rapidly. I think there’s only 3 episodes to go, which is such a shame really. Some of these Disney+ shows really could be 10+ episodes.

Nice little callback to Extremis of Iron Man 3 with the way Gravik’s hand lit up. That was referenced in last week’s episode too.

Any scene with Mendehlson and Samuel L Jackson is the standout. I could watch a whole episode of just those two blokes talking.

That speech in the car, sensational.

I did think how did the skrulls not know about Hydra infiltrating Shield though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back