See ya guys

Remove this Banner Ad

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Look

This website is a cesspool, I tried to stay because of the relationships I had with many of you but I got to leave.

It just ain’t healthy.

I’m stepping away. If you would like to keep in touch a few on here have my details.

Sorry to see you leave and I will always value your input. I have taken long periods of time away from the site myself. Maybe just have a break for a few weeks and have a think about it.

I too have had extended periods away from BF.

Unfortunately every time I come back it gets worse and worse.

Main board is a write off at this point, inmates running the asylum.

Look

This website is a cesspool, I tried to stay because of the relationships I had with many of you but I got to leave.

It just ain’t healthy.

I’m stepping away. If you would like to keep in touch a few on here have my details.
Take care of yourself and hope you want to come back sometime. It’s been an intense time. I find it helpful (and my ignore list is long) but I get that it‘s not good for everyone, at least not always. Will miss you.

I too have had extended periods away from BF.

Unfortunately every time I come back it gets worse and worse.

Main board is a write off at this point, inmates running the asylum.
I normally operate of a strictly non main board policy. I've probably read a handful of threads over the years and posted even less - it's honestly not worth it. There are some smart posters on there, but they're just drowned out by the nonsense. That's fine in a shitstir thread - but I just don't want to read it on every single thread.

Look

It just ain’t healthy.

I don't know you really Le Grille but you are definitely one of the good ones. Do what you need to keep healthy but I too hope you won't be lost to this place forever - the more well behaved that leave the lower the standard. Stay safe though and keep supporting.

Look

It just ain’t healthy.

I hope this isn't because of this board mate.

I'm going to admit I never head to the main board, so I don't know if that's the problem, but perhaps give it a bit of a break because tossers in every club, and they are generally the loudest and most sensitive.

Just whatever you do, don't head to twitter. My god I think I spent 4 hours last night fighting randoms - honestly I use our board for a breather!

I normally operate of a strictly non main board policy. I've probably read a handful of threads over the years and posted even less - it's honestly not worth it. There are some smart posters on there, but they're just drowned out by the nonsense. That's fine in a shitstir thread - but I just don't want to read it on every single thread.
The main board actually used to be bearable (I'm talking years ago). Some interesting threads, and posters were kept (relatively) in check.

It's a free for all now, with obvious biases in what's allowed and whats not.

The main board actually used to be bearable (I'm talking years ago). Some interesting threads, and posters were kept (relatively) in check.

It's a free for all now, with obvious biases in what's allowed and whats not.
Agreed.

It was once vaguely worthwhile, now pointless which is why I stay on here. I'm here to get analysis and views from people who are a lot smarter than me about footy. I'm firmly in the artistic view of footy - as in I reckon I have a pretty good eye for players weaknesses, what works for them, what doesn't and what they do well more often than not. It's entirely based on watching a metric s**t tonne of this teams football over the last 20+ years as a (mostly) adult. I enjoy getting views of people that have more analytic based views on the game or have their ear to the ground with how clubs / staff think and work because I'm on the outside of all of that since I was very young in the rooms.

There used to be real opportunities for this stuff on the main board and the Bay and club boards were for their own people. Nowadays the main board is just drowned in nonsense - which is a real pity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take it easy Le Grille. My coping mechanism is to never take this place too seriously or personally.

Much like Twitter, people vent, and it could easily fuel your own frustrations if you allow it to.

Look forward to seeing you back.

Good luck and I hope you are able to maintain your love of football and the mighty North Melbourne Football Club despite our current position. Big Footy is a bit of a cesspool as you say and is not an essential part of the football or club experience as the vast majority of football supporters will attest.

Take care of yourself and hope you want to come back sometime. It’s been an intense time. I find it helpful (and my ignore list is long) but I get that it‘s not good for everyone, at least not always. Will miss you.
Ive never once put anyone on ignore in over 20 years here and the old North forums before that.

Look

It just ain’t healthy.

Take some chill time, dont let others drive you away. You are in control of you, dont let them under your skin.

Ha ha, I got sucked back in to reading this forum after the events of yesterday and sure enough we get a farewell I'm outta here thread.

Good luck LG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back