Roast See you later 2018 - All melts in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
Well its been a roller-coaster of a ride 2018 . I know there are two rounds to go but its the ******* end. What a pathetic way to go out after we looked like to play in our first finals series in 12 years. I am convinced that we won't play finals or win a flag at all.

The problem is that it's all so predictable that it's completely sapped my interest in the lead up to games. Basically since the Collingwood game, which showed us that we hadn't learn anything from the first 5 rounds, I've been struggling to take an interest in any games because I know exactly how it's going to go: we'll beat up on the weak teams (which is only fun for so long) and get rolled by the big teams. Today was one of the most important matches the club has played for a decade, and I just didn't really care because I knew exactly what was going to happen. At least in 2016 and 2017 the club was capable of surprising us (with both great wins and ridiculously dumb losses) but this season has just been a grueling routine since we beat Adelaide the first time. We're in with our best chance of making finals for 12 years, but I know it doesn't matter because I know exactly how it's going to go against GWS and whoever we'd play in the first round of finals. I mean what's the point?

I never thought I'd be in a situation where we're in the top 8 with two rounds to go and I just want the season to end, but here we are. We have a lot of deficiencies to work on, and none of them are going to magically change in round 21. We've got to work hard over the off-season and hopefully come back as a better, less predictably inadequate team, because at the moment this just isn't any fun.

I’m sorry I know everyone gets shitty with the club including me but stop making melt threads after every loss. Attention seeking bullshit.

Dangle finals in front of our faces for two years and now you want to snatch melt threads away, too? What's a poor Dees fan to do!?

I’m sorry I know everyone gets shitty with the club including me but stop making melt threads after every loss. Attention seeking bullshit.

I wouldn't have to make these threads if Melbourne were the least bit competent or skilful or had the heart. Bloody hell I feel like I am the only one that want something out of this. You guys seem to be far too accepting as to this clubs mediocrity.

Something needs to be done with this bullshit because these players don't give a *, the coach has his head so far into the clouds that its of into space.

54 years and counting of not winning a flag(which is now the longest a team hasn't won and VFL/AFL flag)
12 years and counting of not playing in finals

And THIS s**t is whats served up?!

I'm sorry but this is just sheer ******* unacceptable.

We are so lucky that we attached the name Melbourne to our team, because if we didn't the AFL would force us to fold.

Really feel for Melbourne supporters. Out of all the other teams I'm going for Melbourne, if we don't succeed I hope your boys find a way, but tbh I've been pessimistic and this confirmed it. Believe me I take no delight in the Eagles possibly ending your finals hopes again, though of course still want to win it. If we do lose I hope Melbourne find something, but there seems to be a lot to work on before they're a real premiership chance.

Do we need a new melt thread for MarcMaverick every time we lose? Could the mods just make him his own thread?

Do you accept what's going on at the football club? As I said I wouldn't have to these threads at all if Melbourne were a well entrenched top 8/ top 4 team and not giving all their supporters and member who payed their hard earned the middle finger.

You invest your heart and soul into this club and for what?

Really feel for Melbourne supporters. Out of all the other teams I'm going for Melbourne, if we don't succeed I hope your boys find a way, but tbh I've been pessimistic and this confirmed it. Believe me I take no delight in the Eagles possibly ending your finals hopes again, though of course still want to win it. If we do lose I hope Melbourne find something, but there seems to be a lot to work on before they're a real premiership chance.

You won’t end it either way, we can still make it if we lose this week.

Do you accept what's going on at the football club? As I said I wouldn't have to these threads at all if Melbourne were a well entrenched top 8/ top 4 team and not giving all their supporters and member who payed their hard earned the middle finger.

You invest your heart and soul into this club and for what?
That's all fine, but you could just stick it into the other melt thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't have to make these threads if Melbourne were the least bit competent or skilful or had the heart. Bloody hell I feel like I am the only one that want something out of this. You guys seem to be far too accepting as to this clubs mediocrity.

Something needs to be done with this bullshit because these players don't give a ****, the coach has his head so far into the clouds that its of into space.

54 years and counting of not winning a flag(which is now the longest a team hasn't won and VFL/AFL flag)

We are so lucky that we attached the name Melbourne to our team, because if we didn't the AFL would force us to fold.

Just because we all don’t make melt threads doesn’t mean we don’t care.

We can roll West Coast next week. We can roll GWS the week after.

Make this thread when we're done.

Lol, this bloke has had more to drink than me. Melbourne could/should have beaten cats/cats/port/saints/Sydney - but they ******* didn’t. They served up the same old choking bullshit that we all knew would happen. They never learn a thing from any loss and effectively bang their heads against a wall whenever the pressure comes on.

Any melts are deserved 100%

This club is still a joke and shows no signs whatsoever of changing any time soon.

Can't wait to put this season behind me and start getting excited about training reports about bloody Nibbler looking good running laps of a ******* park or something

Marc Maverick is right. I hadn't placed a bet for more than 6 months but today I put money on Sydney to win coz there was absolutely no way in my mind I could feasibly imagine us winning this one.

Statistically and mentally, everything pointed to a loss. Don't get me wrong I would much much rather lose my money and see us win. But this was 100% predictable.

You have to go back to Round 18 2017 to find the last time we won a game scoring under 90 points. Sydney average 76 pts against per game and our previous four scores against them were 50, 31, 50 and 38. Even worse Lance Franklin is 15 wins 0 losses against us. For us to have won today we would have needed to defy history in a big way, something that we have too consistently shown we cannot do.

Is it pessimistic to be certain your team will lose a game of football? Of course. But it's also based on everything I've learned about this football club having followed it it's also veryrealistic.

Given our list and our game plan if we had our heads right we could genuinely be a successful team. But for now I'm still waiting. And it's been a long wait and it feels like I'm going to be waiting even longer.

Accuracy killed us today big time, its like they got nervous on the big stage shooting for goal. Can Spargo shoot? And we missed easy ones in the first quarter. I always panic when the ball is in our defence and today was another. The swans couldnt miss, like that lucky bounce that went through and a few others others they skimmed through were we could have someone in the goal square. Lucky buddy missed a few though went our way. If we kicked straight would have been a different story, i think we were the better side. WE badly need pig and Lever back there for starters . ANB is another watts, only plays good when we win and im sick of Hogans immaturity. Gawn couldnt take a mark but had some really nice taps. Harmes was brilliant.

Something needs to be done with this bullshit because these players don't give a ****, the coach has his head so far into the clouds that its of into space.

Correct. Instead of buying memberships, attending games and trying to analyse the frustrating inconsistencies after every loss we should all make our own melt threads tying everything back to the sacking of Norm Smith until we go 25-0 for ten years straight.

Thanks for your service. You are truly striving for excellence in a world of mediocrity. #theherowedeserve

Last edited:
Marc Maverick is right. I hadn't placed a bet for more than 6 months but today I put money on Sydney to win coz there was absolutely no way in my mind I could feasibly imagine us winning this one.

Statistically and mentally, everything pointed to a loss. Don't get me wrong I would much much rather lose my money and see us win. But this was 100% predictable.

You have to go back to Round 18 2017 to find the last time we won a game scoring under 90 points. Sydney average 76 pts against per game and our previous four scores against them were 50, 31, 50 and 38. Even worse Lance Franklin is 15 wins 0 losses against us. For us to have won today we would have needed to defy history in a big way, something that we have too consistently shown we cannot do.

Is it pessimistic to be certain your team will lose a game of football? Of course. But it's also based on everything I've learned about this football club having followed it it's also veryrealistic.

Given our list and our game plan if we had our heads right we could genuinely be a successful team. But for now I'm still waiting. And it's been a long wait and it feels like I'm going to be waiting even longer.
On the other hand, if statistics are such a powerful indicator of future events, you have no right to be disappointed. The result was predetermined, therefore it effectively had already happened, therefore you had ample time to accept the result. You don't build up hope if you can predict the future. No surprise, no disappointment.

It's BS mate. We all know that we could have won that, just like we broke our North Melbourne hoodoo, our Etihad hoodoo. We just didn't. Missed it by 9 points. Hardly a fait accompli. We still have a chance to beat a top 8 opponent, and we still have a chance to play finals. If your statistics are so reliable, are you willing to state categorically what is going to happen in the next 2 weeks?

The truth is, this sort of wallowing is just how we deal with the constant disappointments of being a Melbourne supporter. It's as much about our own brittle psychology as it is about our football team.

Relax, pat a bunny.

We don't cheer injuries but a few around here see us as a better side without him

A good team is more than any one player. Look at the some of the of injuries the Bulldogs had during the 2016 season.

Hogan has had a relatively good season but his form has been waning - our forwardline structure is dysfunctional. I don't personally see losing Hogan itself as a season breaker.

What is a season breaker is catalogue of failures against top 8 opponents - a coach and playing group that can't cope with pressure. Looking at it dispassionately, we shouldn't really be disappointed if we don't make the 8, should we? If we can't beat even one team in there?

We need to learn to win against adversity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back