Roast See you later 2018 - All melts in here

Remove this Banner Ad

So has our side.

Don't have an issue with most of what I said. Hibberd and Hurn was a bit much, otherwise rest is fine. West Coast aren't anything spectacular.

To be fair, our players are saddled with a game plan that worked for 5 minutes, then it only took other teams 5 minutes to work it out and move on, while we've just gone harder in the other direction.

I still rate our list, but the coaching staff... Just take them around the back and put two in each of their heads.

To be fair, our players are saddled with a game plan that worked for 5 minutes, then it only took other teams 5 minutes to work it out and move on, while we've just gone harder in the other direction.

I still rate our list, but the coaching staff... Just take them around the back and put two in each of their heads.

Don't know I would say our game plan has been figured out so much as we lack the personnel / IQ to execute it. Can't imagine it'd be anyone's plan to lob the ball into the forward 50 as haphazardly as we do. Issue I see with the coaches is that they haven't adapted the game plan or done anything about the gaps in the list that have developed while we've been recruiting contested animals. Forward 50 is a shambles - recruit someone who can teach these blokes about leading patterns / dangerous space and not crowding out your own forward line. There's not much to figure out for the opposition when our own players spoil each other, kick to 1v2 or 1v3s, can't execute basic skills, etc.

Don't know I would say our game plan has been figured out so much as we lack the personnel / IQ to execute it. Can't imagine it'd be anyone's plan to lob the ball into the forward 50 as haphazardly as we do. Issue I see with the coaches is that they haven't adapted the game plan or done anything about the gaps in the list that have developed while we've been recruiting contested animals. Forward 50 is a shambles - recruit someone who can teach these blokes about leading patterns / dangerous space and not crowding out your own forward line. There's not much to figure out for the opposition when our own players spoil each other, kick to 1v2 or 1v3s, can't execute basic skills, etc.
Bit of both?

Coaches need to understand their players strengths and weaknesses and style the game accordingly. Our coaches seem to have some idea in their head from which they refuse to deviate regardless of evidence that this team cannot win that way.

Bit of both?

Coaches need to understand their players strengths and weaknesses and style the game accordingly. Our coaches seem to have some idea in their head from which they refuse to deviate regardless of evidence that this team cannot win that way.

Crazy talk. Our players have no weaknesses - they have only strongks and not-so-strongks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back