Review Seedsman and Kennedy for Jeremy Howe and pick 68

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of good judges who watch Collingwood knew Seedsman's potential. I knew the sort of player he could become. In my view, he still has enormous upside than what he has shown this year. He just needs to get his confidence up a bit more and you have a really, really good player on your hands.

What went wrong at Collingwood? Buckley mismanaged him. He played him in the VFL for too long, he made him sub too often and he dropped him as soon as he made a mistake - not the way to deal with a person who has confidence issues. Also, Buckley didn't like his lifestyle and didn't think it was conducive to becoming a quality AFL footballer.

Let's put it this way. Buckley got rid of Shaw, Wellingham and Harry for similar reasons. How have they gone at their new clubs? Shaw won a best and fairest, Wellingham had an enormous year for West Coast last year which helped propel them into the grand final and Harry has not put a foot out of place at Melbourne. Buckley got this one wrong.

Harry had his worst year statistically since 2008 last year and was a long way off his most recent years at Collingwood.

Seedy is like a young colt who likes to get out early in the new season and run over the top of the grass but once the heavy lifting is required he'll go missing.
Good analogy.
He's a good player, but just good. And gets inconsistent at times.

That said I have noticed in bigfooty that once a player leaves us they suddenly transform into a super player. Conversely when we get a player from another club they become a spud. It's a funny phenomenon, must be the drinking water ( from the Yarra River perhaps)

FFS. Seedsman killed it tonight and played exactly the role we lack. Couldn't get a game and said himself the writing was on the wall once he was put as emergency 5 weeks in a row. Well done to Bucks for booting off the Seed when we have the worst backline in the league.

So happy he played well. Bucks mistreated him.

Glad he's enjoying playing football now.
The kid bled black and white.. Buckley cant pick and side and has no ability to identify talent. Been saying it for a long time. Maynard, Sinclair ect running around in the backline. Seedsman did what plenty of our scrubbers haven't done and that was get a BOG. Makes me sick.

Collingwood usually win out at the trade table, but not this one IMO.

For a start, Kennedy should have been given opportunity, and he should have not played so many games as sub, in fact that rule should never have existed, (thanks AFL) Kennedy should have been selected ahead of Blair, and he would have produced better form and still had been at the Pies. I had faith in the club that it knew what it was doing, but m losing that faith the way this season has started.

As for Howe, we already had Elliott, who the club didn't know would succumb to a back injury and Fasolo, who many, including myself, could see a break-out year, who play a similar role to Howe.

The way the season has started, Seedsman and Kennedy's form would make them in the top 5 or 10 in the copeland.

We could use Kennedy right now, and badly need Seedsman back with his elite speed and long damaging disposal out of the back-line. At the time I agree that Seedsman for whatever reason, his heart wasn't in it or wasn't committed, and Kennedy had massive form issues.

I think we usually win out at the trade table, but this one could come back to bite, if it hasn't already, discuss...

i could see that you could see those players turning it around. If only the club could see that I could see that you could see it happen....then we could all see what we all wanted to see...

i could see that you could see those players turning it around. If only the club could see that I could see that you could see it happen....then we could all see what we all wanted to see...
Why are blokes on big footy seeing this but our highly paid coaching staff cant? Just wait for sinclair to be delisted i will laugh and say i could have told you that 7 years ago.

Apart from a 60m thumping boot what else does Seedsman have on his side?
Ordinary players look good on great teams. Much of how our 2010 side were superstars when we were in fact just a well oiled drilled team who all played their roles.
Something our players haven't had a good run at doing since our 11 ACL's started that year and injury plagued seasons consistently throughout the last 4 years.

Apart from a 60m thumping boot what else does Seedsman have on his side?
Ordinary players look good on great teams. Much of how our 2010 side were superstars when we were in fact just a well oiled drilled team who all played their roles.
Something our players haven't had a good run at doing since our 11 ACL's started that year and injury plagued seasons consistently throughout the last 4 years.
Did you watch the game. He was excellent. His kicking all over was great and linked heaps of play. Better than anything we run off half back/wing...

Did you watch the game. He was excellent. His kicking all over was great and linked heaps of play. Better than anything we run off half back/wing...
You'll never win with this board. They all think the recruiters are perfect, and we win every trade. Seedsman could win a Brownlow for the Crows, and people here would still criticize him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kid bled black and white.. Buckley cant pick and side and has no ability to identify talent. Been saying it for a long time. Maynard, Sinclair ect running around in the backline. Seedsman did what plenty of our scrubbers haven't done and that was get a BOG. Makes me sick.
Let me preface this by saying I am no Buckley lover. I have said from the start of the season, if we don't make finals this year he should go. But I can't help but comment on this.

You say Buckley can't identify talent. Let's assume for the sake of the argument that he has a Kim Jong level of dictatorship going on at the club and every thing has to go by him lest a daily beheading.

Last year we swapped Lamumba for Varcoe and everyone (including me) rubbished the decision to bring in a mediocre player. Now Varcoe has Jesus levels of praise on here and people are sacrificing goats in the hope it helps get him up for the game.

Jack "steak knives" Crisp. No one rated him during the trade period. Not one person! One year later, third in the Copeland.

Mason Cox hadn't picked up a football two years ago. And now?

But yeah, there is clearly no ability to spot talent.

The Sinclair hate is another story all together. You can have love or hate for Bucks either way, but at least try to have a balanced view.

Last edited:
Seedsman is dumb, talented but dumb.

Without him Adelaide would have won. Gave away a 50 for crossing the mark and gifted Hawks a goal and 2 of his turnovers went back the other way for a Hawks goal.

3 goals Seed gave up, kicked 1 and had 0 goal assists.

So minus 2 goals for Seed, which would have been a 9 point win to Adelaide if Seed didn't play.

Seedsman is dumb, talented but dumb.

Without him Adelaide would have won. Gave away a 50 for crossing the mark and gifted Hawks a goal and 2 of his turnovers went back the other way for a Hawks goal.

3 goals Seed gave up, kicked 1 and had 0 goal assists.

So minus 2 goals for Seed, which would have been a 9 point win to Adelaide if Seed didn't play.

Like minus 100 for thinking.

Let me preface this by saying I am no Buckley lover. I have said from the start of the season, if we don't make finals this year he should go. But I can't help but comment on this.

You say Buckley can't identify talent. Let's assume for the sake of the argument that he has a Kim Jong level of dictatorship going on at the club and every thing has to go by him lest a daily beheading.

Last year we swapped Lamumba for Varcoe and everyone (including me) rubbished the decision to bring in a mediocre player. Now Varcoe has Jesus levels of praise on here and people are sacrificing goats in the hope it helps get him up for the game.

Jack "steak knives" Crisp. No one rated him during the trade period. Not one person! One year later, third in the Copeland.

Mason Cox hadn't picked up a football two years ago. And now?

But yeah, there is clearly no ability to spot talent.

The Sinclair hate is another story all together. You can have love or hate for Bucks either way, but at least try to have a balanced view.
Cox hasn't even played a senior game..

I was more than happy to give up Lumumba who was absolute garbage when he left and get back a 25 year old Varcoe who actually had skills besides galloping away and bombing it into the forward line

yes i agree Crisp last year was great.

I'm just saying overall on the way bucks picks the team and the 2 blokes we lost in the off season going pretty well im really dont rate buckleys judgement.

Gave away a 50 for crossing the mark and gifted Hawks a goal and 2 of his turnovers went back the other way for a Hawks goal.
That 50 was a joke. He was already in the protected zone. Where the * was he supposed to go?

Not many will admit it yet but this is our worst trade in a while, both should have been persisted with. Howe was never even that good in the first place.
Both should have been developed, nurtured and encouraged, not merely persisted with. I am rapidly losing respect for the people running the football department at Colingwood. We shed good players like a Golden Retriever does hairs. Pick 68 had better be good! What did we do with pick 68?!!

Why are blokes on big footy seeing this but our highly paid coaching staff cant? Just wait for sinclair to be delisted i will laugh and say i could have told you that 7 years ago.

He'll probably be picked up by some other club with better structure carve up and someone else will say I told you so.

Would not be on any other afl list IMO.

It was more of a comment on how players that look bad for us seem to do well at other clubs. Especially outside players ore players with x-factor. Both kinds of players we need and also struggle in our side.

Your probably right about Sinclair.

Both should have been developed, nurtured and encouraged, not merely persisted with. I am rapidly losing respect for the people running the football department at Colingwood. We shed good players like a Golden Retriever does hairs. Pick 68 had better be good! What did we do with pick 68?!!

I think we got Willis, he could really even out this trade IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back