Review Seedsman and Kennedy for Jeremy Howe and pick 68

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why are blokes on big footy seeing this but our highly paid coaching staff cant? Just wait for sinclair to be delisted i will laugh and say i could have told you that 7 years ago.
Because the genius of BigFooty is yet to penetrate the real world.
Unfortunately no one yet has recognised this unique football genius.
Because it's so obvious there is so much genius on BigFooty maybe a stream of BigFooty geniuses can go and coach a junior club and work their way through the system.
They can't miss. We all have faith in this obvious genius .. Their vision is the future.
What could possibly go wrong?

TheSierBear

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
soft spot for Carlton out of pity
that's the problem innit. It's the pathetic game plan that's slow. A football travels 50m 3 times more quickly than a person can. Move the ball quickly, and player look faster. Have a pathetically slow game plan will make even the fastest footballer look slow.

You were replying to a banned troll. :drunk:

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
It was more of a comment on how players that look bad for us seem to do well at other clubs. Especially outside players ore players with x-factor. Both kinds of players we need and also struggle in our side.

Your probably right about Sinclair.
We should've traded Sinclair instead of Seedsman.

Sleuth1

Team Captain
Jul 4, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good analogy.
He's a good player, but just good. And gets inconsistent at times.

That said I have noticed in bigfooty that once a player leaves us they suddenly transform into a super player. Conversely when we get a player from another club they become a spud. It's a funny phenomenon, must be the drinking water ( from the Yarra River perhaps)
Seedsman is a young gun that needed strong guidance. He is a huge loss and has all the skills we need at present: run, kicking, flair, workrate etc. It was a ridiculous trade and Adelaide are laughing. They have strong coaches and on-field leaders and Seedsman is flourishing under them. Huge, huge loss for Collingwood and shows what poor leadership we have that we cannot manage our potential stars of the future. They seem to go backwards under us.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Why are blokes on big footy seeing this but our highly paid coaching staff cant? Just wait for sinclair to be delisted i will laugh and say i could have told you that 7 years ago.

at least 7 years....i could tell that he wasnt up to it before he was playing for the oakleigh chargers.... I told his father Peter that his child wasnt going to make the grade when ben's mother was 6 months pregnant with ben.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seedsman is a young gun that needed strong guidance. He is a huge loss and has all the skills we need at present
Ba ha ha ha
Thanks, I need a good laugh. You've made my Saturday.

hes a good player, neither here nor there. Good luck to him.
But he's no gun. That is delusional for people wanting to find anything to just rubbish the club they apparently barrack for.
Each to their own. If that's your view, fine, no issue all that.
If you want to run an agenda go for it.
No difference to me.
And no I don't think the club does everything well.
I just don't get the need to find anything to just take pot shots.

But again each to their own.
but thats just not me,
But I'm not one to be miserable all the time.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
But hen Sinclair would be lamented as a huge loss.
And why did we keep Seedsman.

Remember the golden rule, everything is always bad

Greening Magic

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Langdon, Shaz and Ramsey were preferred over Seedsman for that half back role. Reasonable call I would have tho
Good call. Unfortunately both have suffered knee injuries since and will both miss the year.
Instead of lamenting the loss of those 2 due to injury we're lamenting trading a bloke who would have played in our 2's and trying to slot him into Sinclair's role.
Faz, Elliott, Swan and Broomhead were preferred up forward over Kennedy. 3 gone down with injury with Broomhead nearly back.
Instead of lamenting the loss of Swan Elliott and Broomhead to injury we're lamenting trading a bloke who would have played in our 2's.
Sound familiar?
Good luck to both for starting their season well but both Seedsman and Kennedy would have been delisted by the majority on this board for a bag of twisties.

Nicco_jj

Bigfooty Kid
Apr 27, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Some players need a change if environment to unlock their full potential. Watching Seedsman last night, he played like a player that was playing smarter and harder. Bucks regularly asks this of him whilst at the pies (see the Anzac day press conference from last year) but he just couldn't get consistency in there. He's a super talent, and always has been, but he needed to go somewhere else. Betts, gunston, Kennedy, tarrant even, etc, etc are examples of this.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Langdon, Shaz and Ramsey were preferred over Seedsman for that half back role. Reasonable call I would have tho
Good call. Unfortunately both have suffered knee injuries since and will both miss the year.
Instead of lamenting the loss of those 2 due to injury we're lamenting trading a bloke who would have played in our 2's and trying to slot him into Sinclair's role.
Faz, Elliott, Swan and Broomhead were preferred up forward over Kennedy. 3 gone down with injury with Broomhead nearly back.
Instead of lamenting the loss of Swan Elliott and Broomhead to injury we're lamenting trading a bloke who would have played in our 2's.
Sound familiar?
Good luck to both for starting their season well but both Seedsman and Kennedy would have been delisted by the majority on this board for a bag of twisties.
Greening M
Elegant prose; wish I could have been so eloquent.
Ps love the twisties line too

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham

TG you obviously have changed your mind on this taking into account you started a thread on how well Sinclair is going.

As to the thread itself i would say the club at present look like they got this trade right. Considering how poor and static our movement has been out of defence for most of the year Howe is one of the more important players in our line up.

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sound familiar?

Well said. Except that he wouldn't have been playing in our 2s because we DID get the injuries, so you can't really use that as an argument. But it is true that you've captured the rationale well and that had we had better luck with injuries, the decision would be the right one.

PIES 4 LIFE

Team Captain
Aug 10, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
How's the Seed going at the Crows? Haven't really heard anything at all about him, good or bad.
About as good as he was going with us, I laugh at the selective memories of people on this board. When he was playing with us he was meh, he goes to Adelaide plays a handful of good games at basically the same level he showed at the Pies, and all of a sudden we want him back.
Anyway I am glad we got Howe, he is the player we need in defence that will allow Reid to spend more time up forward.

Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
How's the Seed going at the Crows? Haven't really heard anything at all about him, good or bad.

He's been doing well. Needs to find consistency in getting ball, but his kicking is exactly what we needed. We are a better side when he and Brodie Smith are playing together. He had his comeback from injury in the SANFL. It will be interesting if he comes back in this week or has 1 more week. Seems to be a best 22 player.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's been doing well. Needs to find consistency in getting ball, but his kicking is exactly what we needed. We are a better side when he and Brodie Smith are playing together. He had his comeback from injury in the SANFL. It will be interesting if he comes back in this week or has 1 more week. Seems to be a best 22 player.
Any rumours circulating in Adelaide about him and a former Pie at West Adelaide and their "after hours activities"

ThexderX

Club Legend
Jul 22, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester United
Long term I see this as a win for us.

Howe looks to be important to our structure.

Seedsman looks like a bit part 20-26th type for Crows.

TheSierBear

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
soft spot for Carlton out of pity
Pass me the towel, I need to get some egg off my face.

Hahah, just re-read this thread, great for a laugh! I still would have liked to have kept Kennedy, as I don't think we have him a fair crack, but given the choice I'd do this trade 100 times over. Howe has been an exceptional pickup.

The last 2 trades I've been 'meh' on have been Varcoe and Howe. Shows what I know... :D

Back