Seedsman extends contract until end of 2023.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr_Moogle

Brownlow Medallist
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I agree that when a 20 year old only gets a one year extension beyond his initial 2-year draftee contract it’s because they’re not that good and likely to be chopped soon after, but I think Gollant is different.

He was drafted as a skinny project player and his first year was ruined with COVID and no SANFL games.

He bulked up a fair bit last off-season and then hurt his finger requiring surgery and missed half the season - likely not being able to continue his weights program at the optimal level during that time.

He came back and showed great promise in the SANFL, and cracked through for his AFL debut.

I’m sure we rate him, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was also keen on a 1-year deal to demonstrate his worth and maximise the $$ in his next deal.

I reckon we’ll be signing him up on a three-year deal around May, unless he wants to head back to Vic because I’m sure he’ll get offers.

Averaging two goals a game in the SANFL as a 19 year old is a great start.
I like what I've seen of the him. He's great in the air and very composed. I just assumed it was a no-brainer and he'd get a 2 year extension. Hopefully he sticks around. We've had a good run at keeping our young players.

MarcusP2

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hoping to see many long range goals from Seed, Smith and Jordy

Ned is on the 50m ball in hand, the opposition will struggle to pick up all 3 as a long range option

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
And Fog and Tex. 2 forwards and 3 other players that can pot goals from 50 is a pretty good state to be in.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
And Fog and Tex. 2 forwards and 3 other players that can pot goals from 50 is a pretty good state to be in.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Remember way back when we had Chris Knights banging goals from the 50? It wasn’t so common back then and we were all like holy cow!!

Now it’s a real point of difference and a huge weapon for a side to have - even better having multiple options

Looking forward to it!

1970crow

Hall of Famer
Suspended
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Remember way back when we had Chris Knights banging goals from the 50? It wasn’t so common back then and we were all like holy cow!!

Now it’s a real point of difference and a huge weapon for a side to have - even better having multiple options

Looking forward to it!
If only our coach didn’t lament non-deep entries and encouraged the use of those weapons and the spreading of opposition defences.

kirky

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide

Looking forward to it!
Wish we would do it more often - it then creates doubt in the defenders.

Is it going to be a short pass to a leading forward (which most of our side struggles to execute) or will the ball be sailing over our heads?

PS : I’m agreeing with 1970Crow. Must be time for 🥃 or 🍷.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad