List Mgmt. Seedsman

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/f211e2c897db0ff4f892dcca3453a36d

Nice to see the Seed go on record. Tex Walker a better bloke and captain than Pendles and Bucks giving mixed messages from week to week who would have thought? Good luck tomorrow mate. Do it for yourself and celebrate the Rat Pack. Stick it up em!!

I cant open that link, but if Seedsman said that, then its poor form. Why is that 'nice'? Publicly bagging your former captain and coach - if that's what he has done - is never 'nice'. Maintaining a dignified silence or neutral position is always preferred. He is entitled to his private opinion, but going public does not reflect well on him at all.

Good luck to Seedsman...these opportunities come so rarely, enjoy it while you can Paul.

Do you still wish him luck Robroy22 after his article?

I wish all the best tomorrow as with the crows, but the article shows he still not matured yet to appreciate what he had

Two sides to every story, and although there were some good insights, theres a hell of a lot to read between the lines of that article that say more about Seed and his attitude than it does about our club - especially with some of the rumours going around at the time that Seeds was really not putting in what he needed to to get the best out of himself at the footy club.

Can't open the link to read it, but find it amusing that so many have wished Seedsman the best of luck, while he has not so secretly been bagging the club, coach and president. Wishing Seedsman all the best is obviously regarded as the sportsmanlike, politically correct thing to do. Meanwhile Seedsman has stolen the Prince's 'last laugh' line and made the well wishers look a bit tarnished by the reality of it all. Personally, I hope Richmond wins and Seedsman plays a dog of a game. I don't want him to be a premiership hero. And i certainly don't want Adelaide to win.

Can't open the link to read it, but find it amusing that so many have wished Seedsman the best of luck, while he has not so secretly been bagging the club, coach and president. Wishing Seedsman all the best is obviously regarded as the sportsmanlike, politically correct thing to do. Meanwhile Seedsman has stolen the Prince's 'last laugh' line and made the well wishers look a bit tarnished by the reality of it all. Personally, I hope Richmond wins and Seedsman plays a dog of a game. I don't want him to be a premiership hero. And i certainly don't want Adelaide to win.

I wanted Adelaide to win for Ned's kid but I am with you now TGG..........Go Tigers.

I don't like people disrespecting the Club I love. Ungrateful prick.

Can't open the link to read it, but find it amusing that so many have wished Seedsman the best of luck, while he has not so secretly been bagging the club, coach and president. Wishing Seedsman all the best is obviously regarded as the sportsmanlike, politically correct thing to do. Meanwhile Seedsman has stolen the Prince's 'last laugh' line and made the well wishers look a bit tarnished by the reality of it all. Personally, I hope Richmond wins and Seedsman plays a dog of a game. I don't want him to be a premiership hero.
He's not a Pies player therefore I wish him as much luck as I would any other opposition player...NONE.
I say the same for Beams, Shaw, Wellingham, Thomas and any maggot who has changed his colours either by choice or in some way contributed to their forced removal.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...tory/f211e2c897db0ff4f892dcca3453a36d?login=1

PAUL Seedsman was a ‘Buckley’s Brigade’ member at Collingwood when he was 10.

He would queue at family days with a black marker, eagerly awaiting the next player’s ink on his jumper.

LIVE COVERAGE: FOLLOW THE AFL GRAND FINAL LIVE

TRADE NEWS: FASOLO NOT KEEN ON PERTH RETURN

FREE AGENTS: WHO IS YOUR CLUB CHASING?

HEAD SCRATCHER: HOWE MARK OF YEAR SNUB LEFT ‘STAIN’

Seedsman would sleep under the stars, with black and white posters decorating his bedroom walls.

Leon Davis was his favourite player, with Chris Tarrant not far behind. Weekends were made or broken by the MCG scoreboard.

At 12, Seedsman graduated out of signed Magpie jumpers and into the club’s tracksuit.

In Year 10, Seedsman spent a week at the club on work experience, which included kicking the balls back to players from behind the goals at training.

“I remember Mick Malthouse stopping and having a chat with me for about 10 or 15 minutes,” Seedsman said, “and I was too scared to tell him I wanted to play football for Collingwood.”

Two years later and Seedsman the player shook Malthouse the coach’s hand, the Magpies drafting him at pick 76 in 2010.

It was fairytale stuff. Seedsman joined the club great grandfather Jim Sharp played at and then was president of 100 years ago.

List manager Derek Hine warned his newest draftee to take the scarf off and immediately exit supporter mode. Failure to do so, Hine said, would see Seedsman quickly spat out of the system.

Seedsman responded. He made a Round 1 debut and quickly took the eyes of supporters as a dashing defender with a raking right foot.

30f93960c1dae27405326f1b8160dfc1

Paul Seedsman and Jackson Paine celebrate playing in their first wins for Collingwood.
In 2015 he won the Anzac Day Medal after carving up Essendon with 31 disposals. Then, the dream disintegrated.

“I sort of just fell out of favour,” Seedsman said.

“I played one game in the back end of that year, so I worked out pretty quickly the direction the club was going.

“At the time they’d offered me a couple of years and I said, ‘I want to know where I sit first before I commit’.”

Collingwood wanted Seedsman. But Seedsman no longer wanted Collingwood. It was akin to finding out Santa isn’t real, and so he requested a trade.

89efe76f4c20e2083a55795d727d352a

“There’s not much more to say on that. There’s a little bit behind the scenes with a few people not seeing eye-to-eye, but that’s football,” he said.

So, was it hard to ask for an exit from his childhood version of heaven?

“It wasn’t something I took lightly,” Seedsman said.

“The two years before that I’d lost enjoyment as well. A few of my really good mates had been let go or traded away.

“With Heath Shaw and Beamsy (Dayne Beams) going, a lot of my tight connections had sort of gone and I was getting a bit frustrated in there.

“I looked at it and thought, ‘Do I want to put myself through another couple of years of this, and at the end of it there’s no guarantee I’ll have a football career, or do I seek a fresh start?”

02e5ee772ebd3bc74fb2c6fd7840f608

Nathan Buckley talks with Paul Seedsman.
As 2015 went downhill, Seedsman battled in the VFL confused at what was required by coach Nathan Buckley.

“It was mixed messages,” he said.

“I never really knew exactly what was needed (to get selected). It sort of chopped and changed, which was where some of the frustration would come from.

“You’d do one thing and during the week you’re told to do something else. I really couldn’t tell you to be honest, it jumped around a bit and it’s a tough question to answer.”

Seedsman expected to find another Melbourne club, and the Kangaroos were reportedly keen.

But Adelaide was the first to flag interest as football boss David Noble, list manager Justin Reid and recruiter Hamish Ogilve jetted into Melbourne.

“I was just blown away with their presentation,” Seedsman said.

“The list they’d created and everything they’d gone through (with coach Phil Walsh dying) and to see the football they were still playing, with that final win against the Bulldogs.

“A lot of things that I value the club valued and they made it clear they were really keen.

e9b6731ed35987323168de70a5609dc0

Nathan Buckley congratulates Paul Seedsman after winning the Anzac Medal. Picture: Wayne Ludbey
So Seedsman wiped the slate clean and packed his bags for the Crows, in exchange for pick 32.

He became good mates with Kyle Cheney, Brad and Matt Crouch and captain Taylor Walker and said the West Lakes locker room resembled a local footy club.

“I’m a laid-back character and they just accepted me for who I was right from the word go, whereas at Collingwood at times that was seen as lazy and disinterested,” Seedsman said.

“It was refreshing. Sometimes around a captain you’re walking on eggshells and don’t want to say something wrong or do something wrong, whereas I feel (Walker) is very accepting.

“He makes everything so comfortable. If you want to have a beer on the weekend you ask him — sometimes you feel you’ve got to be on the down-low, whereas you can just be upfront about it.”

Seedsman lowered his golf handicap from 23 to 12 at the Crows, where coach Don Pyke plays off scratch.

It is on the greens where Pyke’s personality flows.

“When he misses a shot he can show a bit of frustration,” Seedsman said.

21332477eaeed9805248401644960933

Paul Seedsman and Hugh Greenwood enjoy the Grand Final parade. Picture: Sarah Reed
“But he’s very measured. He doesn’t get all that flustered and he’s very calm.”

So, what about Bucks?

“He was a bit different. He was very intense and at times we saw things differently,” Seedsman said.

“Whether he was right or whether I was right, it didn’t matter. We didn’t see eye-to-eye on decisions, but it works for some people and it doesn’t work for others.

“We sat down at the end of it and I’d had four years of him as senior coach and I have a lot to be thankful for.

“I played close to 50 games and he gave me a fair bit of opportunity and towards the end I wasn’t in his plans going forwards, so it was a good decision to shake hands and move on.

“I can’t speak for what he’s been like the past couple of years, but he was learning every year in the caper.

“He was obviously a very intense and professional player — and an amazing p

Paul Seedsman is happy at the Crows. Picture: Sarah Reed
“So he was just very intense for me.”

Seedsman’s Anzac Day performance bodes well for Saturday as one of 44 Grand Final virgins.

It appears as if Seedsman has made a Steven Bradbury-type surge into A

delaide’s line-up. After overcoming groin problems, he played only Round 19 and Round 23 before September.

Both those games came as an injury replacement — with Eddie Betts (appendix) and Brad Crouch cheekbone) in Round 19 and then Daniel Talia (ankle) and Walker (toe) in Round 23 — but he has flourished.

The sizzling wingman has slotted five goals in four games, averaging 18 disposals.

Does Saturday’s shot at glory vindicate the move out of the Magpies?

“Making a Grand Final or not, the decision had been validated by the enjoyment I’ve got back in playing football, and life in general,” Seedsman said.

“If it could be further validated, it has been. With or without the finals, I couldn’t be happier with the decision. This is just the cherry on top.”

Last edited:
Sorry, even with seedy' article l cannot go for the tigers, but l do hope he has a s**t game now. Going for the crows, but probably the tigers will win.

Googling the link should get you around the paywall. For mine while some of his choice of words were poor overall it seems he wasn't really having a crack rather he was saying the club wasn't the right fit for him and I'm not surprised by what he's said both after Seedsman being perceived as relaxed/lazy and the club being intense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not a Pies player therefore I wish him as much luck as I would any other opposition player...NONE.
I say the same for Beams, Shaw, Wellingham, Thomas and any maggot who has changed his colours either by choice or contributed to their forced removal.
Not for me the PC gestures of love to past players, except those forced out by the club. Posters fall over themselves trying to join the well wishing wank fest circle. Football is war. Unfortunately we lost the war this year, but there is no need to be so magnanimous in defeat that we wish Norm Smith-success on a traitor playing for a team for which we should have no love.

Seedsman neglected to mention that his form both at AFL and VFL level post Anzac Day was execrable. It wasn't a surprise he didn't play much later in the season.
Thanks, I have never seen that word before - I guessed, (correctly) what it meant though.

Do you still wish him luck Robroy22 after his article?

Yeah CFC....I still wish him luck. You know I don't really think Seedy went looking for a journalist to tip a bucket on his old club. It amazes me sometimes. Its GF eve, our season finished ages ago and still journo's want a Collingwood angle in every headline.

Good luck Seedy, I think the crows should get the job done.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...tory/f211e2c897db0ff4f892dcca3453a36d?login=1

PAUL Seedsman was a ‘Buckley’s Brigade’ member at Collingwood when he was 10.

He would queue at family days with a black marker, eagerly awaiting the next player’s ink on his jumper.

LIVE COVERAGE: FOLLOW THE AFL GRAND FINAL LIVE

TRADE NEWS: FASOLO NOT KEEN ON PERTH RETURN

FREE AGENTS: WHO IS YOUR CLUB CHASING?

HEAD SCRATCHER: HOWE MARK OF YEAR SNUB LEFT ‘STAIN’

Seedsman would sleep under the stars, with black and white posters decorating his bedroom walls.

Leon Davis was his favourite player, with Chris Tarrant not far behind. Weekends were made or broken by the MCG scoreboard.

At 12, Seedsman graduated out of signed Magpie jumpers and into the club’s tracksuit.

In Year 10, Seedsman spent a week at the club on work experience, which included kicking the balls back to players from behind the goals at training.

“I remember Mick Malthouse stopping and having a chat with me for about 10 or 15 minutes,” Seedsman said, “and I was too scared to tell him I wanted to play football for Collingwood.”

Two years later and Seedsman the player shook Malthouse the coach’s hand, the Magpies drafting him at pick 76 in 2010.

It was fairytale stuff. Seedsman joined the club great grandfather Jim Sharp played at and then was president of 100 years ago.

List manager Derek Hine warned his newest draftee to take the scarf off and immediately exit supporter mode. Failure to do so, Hine said, would see Seedsman quickly spat out of the system.

Seedsman responded. He made a Round 1 debut and quickly took the eyes of supporters as a dashing defender with a raking right foot.

30f93960c1dae27405326f1b8160dfc1

Paul Seedsman and Jackson Paine celebrate playing in their first wins for Collingwood.
In 2015 he won the Anzac Day Medal after carving up Essendon with 31 disposals. Then, the dream disintegrated.

“I sort of just fell out of favour,” Seedsman said.

“I played one game in the back end of that year, so I worked out pretty quickly the direction the club was going.

“At the time they’d offered me a couple of years and I said, ‘I want to know where I sit first before I commit’.”

Collingwood wanted Seedsman. But Seedsman no longer wanted Collingwood. It was akin to finding out Santa isn’t real, and so he requested a trade.

89efe76f4c20e2083a55795d727d352a

“There’s not much more to say on that. There’s a little bit behind the scenes with a few people not seeing eye-to-eye, but that’s football,” he said.

So, was it hard to ask for an exit from his childhood version of heaven?

“It wasn’t something I took lightly,” Seedsman said.

“The two years before that I’d lost enjoyment as well. A few of my really good mates had been let go or traded away.

“With Heath Shaw and Beamsy (Dayne Beams) going, a lot of my tight connections had sort of gone and I was getting a bit frustrated in there.

“I looked at it and thought, ‘Do I want to put myself through another couple of years of this, and at the end of it there’s no guarantee I’ll have a football career, or do I seek a fresh start?”

02e5ee772ebd3bc74fb2c6fd7840f608

Nathan Buckley talks with Paul Seedsman.
As 2015 went downhill, Seedsman battled in the VFL confused at what was required by coach Nathan Buckley.

“It was mixed messages,” he said.

“I never really knew exactly what was needed (to get selected). It sort of chopped and changed, which was where some of the frustration would come from.

“You’d do one thing and during the week you’re told to do something else. I really couldn’t tell you to be honest, it jumped around a bit and it’s a tough question to answer.”

Seedsman expected to find another Melbourne club, and the Kangaroos were reportedly keen.

But Adelaide was the first to flag interest as football boss David Noble, list manager Justin Reid and recruiter Hamish Ogilve jetted into Melbourne.

“I was just blown away with their presentation,” Seedsman said.

“The list they’d created and everything they’d gone through (with coach Phil Walsh dying) and to see the football they were still playing, with that final win against the Bulldogs.

“A lot of things that I value the club valued and they made it clear they were really keen.

e9b6731ed35987323168de70a5609dc0

Nathan Buckley congratulates Paul Seedsman after winning the Anzac Medal. Picture: Wayne Ludbey
So Seedsman wiped the slate clean and packed his bags for the Crows, in exchange for pick 32.

He became good mates with Kyle Cheney, Brad and Matt Crouch and captain Taylor Walker and said the West Lakes locker room resembled a local footy club.

“I’m a laid-back character and they just accepted me for who I was right from the word go, whereas at Collingwood at times that was seen as lazy and disinterested,” Seedsman said.

“It was refreshing. Sometimes around a captain you’re walking on eggshells and don’t want to say something wrong or do something wrong, whereas I feel (Walker) is very accepting.

“He makes everything so comfortable. If you want to have a beer on the weekend you ask him — sometimes you feel you’ve got to be on the down-low, whereas you can just be upfront about it.”

Seedsman lowered his golf handicap from 23 to 12 at the Crows, where coach Don Pyke plays off scratch.

It is on the greens where Pyke’s personality flows.

“When he misses a shot he can show a bit of frustration,” Seedsman said.

21332477eaeed9805248401644960933

Paul Seedsman and Hugh Greenwood enjoy the Grand Final parade. Picture: Sarah Reed
“But he’s very measured. He doesn’t get all that flustered and he’s very calm.”

So, what about Bucks?

“He was a bit different. He was very intense and at times we saw things differently,” Seedsman said.

“Whether he was right or whether I was right, it didn’t matter. We didn’t see eye-to-eye on decisions, but it works for some people and it doesn’t work for others.

“We sat down at the end of it and I’d had four years of him as senior coach and I have a lot to be thankful for.

“I played close to 50 games and he gave me a fair bit of opportunity and towards the end I wasn’t in his plans going forwards, so it was a good decision to shake hands and move on.

“I can’t speak for what he’s been like the past couple of years, but he was learning every year in the caper.

“He was obviously a very intense and professional player — and an amazing p

Paul Seedsman is happy at the Crows. Picture: Sarah Reed
“So he was just very intense for me.”

Seedsman’s Anzac Day performance bodes well for Saturday as one of 44 Grand Final virgins.

It appears as if Seedsman has made a Steven Bradbury-type surge into A

delaide’s line-up. After overcoming groin problems, he played only Round 19 and Round 23 before September.

Both those games came as an injury replacement — with Eddie Betts (appendix) and Brad Crouch cheekbone) in Round 19 and then Daniel Talia (ankle) and Walker (toe) in Round 23 — but he has flourished.

The sizzling wingman has slotted five goals in four games, averaging 18 disposals.

Does Saturday’s shot at glory vindicate the move out of the Magpies?

“Making a Grand Final or not, the decision had been validated by the enjoyment I’ve got back in playing football, and life in general,” Seedsman said.

“If it could be further validated, it has been. With or without the finals, I couldn’t be happier with the decision. This is just the cherry on top.”

So the summarise, Seedsman fell out of love with footy. He pointed out a few flaws in Bucks coaching, and he missed his mates in Heater and Beams. He likes the Crows, enjoys his coach and captain [fair enough] and rediscovered his love for footy. What's wrong with that?

I think some of you are getting precious just because a player had the temerity to leave Collingwood for another club that suited him. I for one hope he does well, if only because I hate the Tiggers more than the Crows.

Reality is that this weekend is more about the Storm. #bringthethunder

I cant open that link, but if Seedsman said that, then its poor form. Why is that 'nice'? Publicly bagging your former captain and coach - if that's what he has done - is never 'nice'. Maintaining a dignified silence or neutral position is always preferred. He is entitled to his private opinion, but going public does not reflect well on him at all.

Well this is the old "if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all". Sorry, I just don't care. This is what's wrong at the club.It stinks from the head and we have no explanation for the years of poor performance. I wish Seeds well and hope he wins a premiership.

Most of that was fine. The eggshells dig at Pendles was pretty weak. But this bit made me laugh:

"I never really knew exactly what was needed (to get selected)."

Stop being so consistently inconsistent would have been a good start.

Yeah CFC....I still wish him luck. You know I don't really think Seedy went looking for a journalist to tip a bucket on his old club. It amazes me sometimes. Its GF eve, our season finished ages ago and still journo's want a Collingwood angle in every headline.

Good luck Seedy, I think the crows should get the job done.

Yeah I think the Crows will get the job done also but it would be nice if Seedy doesn't mention us in his celebrations.

You mean like Bucks not having a dignified silence on the Rat Pack? Or Chris Mayne? Or Cloke? Or anyone else he’s knifed in the last 10 years (starting with Malthouse)

It’s nice cause we’ve been spoon fed absolute BS by the board and Ed for the last 10 years (since Pert came in) that the Rat Pack was a cultural problem and that Bucks was the man to clean up the mess MM left. What a crock of s**t!

Rat Pack was winning culture. End of story. No four year finals absences from the Rat Pack.

A Buckley’s brigade member, pies supporter for life and grand son of a former club president gets asked about his time under Bucks.

Now instead of unloading and saying “well key members of the playing group (I dare say not in the Rat Pack) started calling me a lesbian and openingly bullying me at work trying to put me down cause I wasn’t a Pendles suck... oh and the meat head that I loved as a kid, Buckley, was happy to condone it cause was his clique of robots giving it too me”.... he’s just give given a little taste and let it known to all and sundry “Bucks = dud coach and Pendles is not a leaders arsehole”.

It’s what we all knew. Thanks Seedman. You were actually dignified in your responses. You kept it quite for a couple of years, and then when finally asked gave very honest yet diplomatic answers.

When a life long Collingwood and Buckley die hard opts to walk out on the club cause he can see the place is a ******* rabble members should be ropable.

But instead, let’s all just trash the Seed and not live in reality that the place is coached by a muppet

For those who remember, how did you feel when Nick Davis kicked 4 goals for Sydney to defeat Geelong in the 2005 semi? Did you feel elated for him? I didn't. I disliked the guy for the manner in which he crossed clubs, and have the same feeling towards Beams, whose stated reasons I don't believe genuine. Some ex players I wish never to see prosper at their new clubs.

I don't have a problem with Seedsman. I just don't want him to play well and be the one who got away. And I want Richmond to win, not Seedsman to star. The man's worth as a player will be determined by the end of tomorrow's game.

I wanted Adelaide to win for Ned's kid but I am with you now TGG..........Go Tigers.

I don't like people disrespecting the Club I love. Ungrateful prick.

Wake up mate, Bucks has been disrespecting the place since he got here in 93. Shat on the 90 premiership side. Shat on Malthouse and the Rat Pack. Sooner or later ya gotta realise a non premiership winning captain ain’t gonna win s**t as a coach and has derailed the joint for his ego since he retired

You mean like Bucks not having a dignified silence on the Rat Pack? Or Chris Mayne? Or Cloke? Or anyone else he’s knifed in the last 10 years (starting with Malthouse)

It’s nice cause we’ve been spoon fed absolute BS by the board and Ed for the last 10 years (since Pert came in) that the Rat Pack was a cultural problem and that Bucks was the man to clean up the mess MM left. What a crock of s**t!

Rat Pack was winning culture. End of story. No four year finals absences from the Rat Pack.

A Buckley’s brigade member, pies supporter for life and grand son of a former club president gets asked about his time under Bucks.

Now instead of unloading and saying “well key members of the playing group (I dare say not in the Rat Pack) started calling me a lesbian and openingly bullying me at work trying to put me down cause I wasn’t a Pendles suck... oh and the meat head that I loved as a kid, Buckley, was happy to condone it cause was his clique of robots giving it too me”.... he’s just give given a little taste and let it known to all and sundry “Bucks = dud coach and Pendles is not a leaders arsehole”.

It’s what we all knew. Thanks Seedman. You were actually dignified in your responses. You kept it quite for a couple of years, and then when finally asked gave very honest yet diplomatic answers.

When a life long Collingwood and Buckley die hard opts to walk out on the club cause he can see the place is a ******* rabble members should be ropable.

But instead, let’s all just trash the Seed and not live in reality that the place is coached by a muppet

You make me laugh TTTRRAVVISS you honestly do.........love your work mate.

Keep it up :thumbsu:

Wake up mate, Bucks has been disrespecting the place since he got here in 93. Shat on the 90 premiership side. Shat on Malthouse and the Rat Pack. Sooner or later ya gotta realise a non premiership winning captain ain’t gonna win s**t as a coach and has derailed the joint for his ego since he retired

Love your work once again :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back