Mod. Notice Seeking volunteers for Match Previews

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll finish off the rounds with the doggies game if that is all good?

Done! Great work everyone, I can now admit I had doubts we'd get enough volunteers to fill the games out but you've all proved me a sack of useless potatoes.

Can we scrap the pre-mature "Ins and Outs" threads from next week forward and just stick with the full, in-depth match preview?

The problem with that it is infeasible for the in-depth preview to be ready in such a short period of time and we do not want to prevent discussion about the upcoming game in the interim. I think the Ins and Outs works as a short term measure and while I understand your and others' frustrations all I can say is that you can either ignore the thread or offer your own more in-depth analysis in that thread itself.

The problem with that it is infeasible for the in-depth preview to be ready in such a short period of time and we do not want to prevent discussion about the upcoming game in the interim. I think the Ins and Outs works as a short term measure and while I understand your and others' frustrations all I can say is that you can either ignore the thread or offer your own more in-depth analysis in that thread itself.

Well considering you're taking names many weeks in advance, surely the poster assigned to that game should be working on it at least a day or 2 in advance so that they can post it on the day of a match we have just completed. They should be on often enough so you'll be able to keep in touch as to how they're going with it.

Well considering you're taking names many weeks in advance, surely the poster assigned to that game should be working on it at least a day or 2 in advance so that they can post it on the day of a match we have just completed. They should be on often enough so you'll be able to keep in touch as to how they're going with it.

That would be great in a perfect world. If I was writing the preview myself, I would base it heavily on the previous game's results and I wouldn't be able to complete it in less than 2 days. If I can't keep to that schedule, I can't exactly expect everyone else to do the same.

That would be great in a perfect world. If I was writing the preview myself, I would base it heavily on the previous game's results and I wouldn't be able to complete it in less than 2 days. If I can't keep to that schedule, I can't exactly expect everyone else to do the same.

Yup. In saying that it'll be perfect uni procrastination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, people are aware they have an allocated game weeks and months in advance and should really be prepared to post it straight after the end of the match. They can easily edit and add some information on the previous game within 10 minutes. I think it would be better, so not only can we talk about Ins and Outs for the following week straight after the game, but we can give immediate feedback and immediately analyse and opinionate the OPs thoughts. And given they put in so much effort I think they deserve to have the primary thread.

Yeah, people are aware they have an allocated game weeks and months in advance and should really be prepared to post it straight after the end of the match. They can easily edit and add some information on the previous game within 10 minutes. I think it would be better, so not only can we talk about Ins and Outs for the following week straight after the game, but we can give immediate feedback and immediately analyse and opinionate the OPs thoughts. And given they put in so much effort I think they deserve to have the primary thread.

If the preview writers are prepared to do that then I'm more than happy for them to do so but I'm not going to put such an onerous burden on them when, as I said, I don't think I could fulfill such requirements myself. Given plenty of these writers will be at the previous match in person or watching it a pub or mate's house, I really don't think it's feasible to expect them to jump on BF just to post their preview within 10 minutes.

In regards to the so called 'Ins and Outs' thread, it is by no means a limitation that you can only discuss the ins and outs of the 2 sides. You could invite greater discussion by bringing up any aspect of the game in question yourself that you think would be interesting.

If the preview writers are prepared to do that then I'm more than happy for them to do so but I'm not going to put such an onerous burden on them when, as I said, I don't think I could fulfill such requirements myself. Given plenty of these writers will be at the previous match in person or watching it a pub or mate's house, I really don't think it's feasible to expect them to jump on BF just to post their preview within 10 minutes.

In regards to the so called 'Ins and Outs' thread, it is by no means a limitation that you can only discuss the ins and outs of the 2 sides. You could invite greater discussion by bringing up any aspect of the game in question yourself that you think would be interesting.
I meant that they could add adjustments to their complete indepth essay in reference to the previous game they just watched and it would only take them a few minutes to do, I don't mean that I expect them to have it posted up 10 minutes after the game is over.

Also, if someone does post their preview straight after the game, or whenever they post it, that the Ins and Outs thread will be immediatly locked/deleted?

yeah its a bit of a stretch to expect the match preview to start as quick as the ins and outs thread and then we have the game day thread that locks out the other threads totally making all discussion dead. Its a bit of a mess how its run atm no disrespect is meant by that but I cant see anything gained by any thread being locked as it only restricts or even kills all together discussion.

I don't think it has to be up immediately after the current game is finished. Like mentioned, that particular person for the week may have plans for the game so might not be able to make it. I think the previous day isn't all that bad, if it is, just lock it until the current game is over.

Hmm our next previewer monty95 has not been since around here since May 29th, I think it's a safe bet he's probably unlikely to submit a preview. Anyone interested in doing a preview for the Tigers game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back