Mod. Notice Seeking volunteers for Match Previews

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all who have taken up the challenge of submitting a match preview this year! Some of the submissions have been excellent, such that we are now calling for expressions of interest for this year's finals games.

If you would like to try your hand at writing a match preview during the finals, please reply to this thread to confirm your interest. We will only assign the qualifying final at this stage, but we will allocate the semis and beyond (if we end up progressing further) based on the replies in this thread. If you have already had a go, you're more than welcome to submit another. If you haven't, give it a try!

To give you ideas about what you might cover in your preview, here are a couple of excellent examples submitted by posters on this board earlier in the season.
Once again, our only proviso is that we would require your submission by Wednesday or Thursday night before that week's game.

Happy writing!

We were hoping to let someone from outside the regular podcast team have a go :p (Don't worry, we know how awesome you guys are!!) We'll definitely keep you in mind for the finals if no-one else puts their hand up...

We were hoping to let someone from outside the regular podcast team have a go :p (Don't worry, we know how awesome you guys are!!) We'll definitely keep you in mind for the finals if no-one else puts their hand up...

Now now now... I am not sure about that SM guy... His pretty weird.

Oh discriminating against the stars of the board typical :p

Should try to see if the preview writer will come on the podcast each week as the guest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schmidt2003 - are you still OK to do this week's preview?

I have written up quite a bit but I am sitting in an airport in europe on my way back to sydney.......friday nights game will be my first live this year :D.......my internet might be on and off, it is horrible at the airport I am in at the moment, so if someone is free, and wants to get them to do it. Otherwise I will try and get mine up

I have written up quite a bit but I am sitting in an airport in europe on my way back to sydney.......friday nights game will be my first live this year :D.......my internet might be on and off, it is horrible at the airport I am in at the moment, so if someone is free, and wants to get them to do it. Otherwise I will try and get mine up

That's some committment (read: obsession :p )

Maybe you could swap with Rhysswans13 , who was interested in doing a preview, he could take this Friday's game and you take the qualifying final?

Hmm no sign of Schmidt2003 since Tuesday, may not be back in Sydney yet. Probably too late to expect anyone to submit a preview for this week's game. If he sees this I'm giving him first dibs on our second final.

Rhysswans13 you still good to go for the qualifying final?

Hmm no sign of Schmidt2003 since Tuesday, may not be back in Sydney yet. Probably too late to expect anyone to submit a preview for this week's game. If he sees this I'm giving him first dibs on our second final.

Rhysswans13 you still good to go for the qualifying final?
Yep I'm good to go. Do you open the thread next week and I post the preview ?

Yep I'm good to go. Do you open the thread next week and I post the preview ?

Usually Soph opens the early thoughts thread for the next week straight after the game, then the person doing the preview starts a new thread on the Wednesday or Thursday before the game

Usually Soph opens the early thoughts thread for the next week straight after the game, then the person doing the preview starts a new thread on the Wednesday or Thursday before the game
Oh ok I didn't know I could start a thread I though you had to be given access to do so. Ok no problems I will do it 100% next week. Looking forward to it !

Sorry, just got back from Europe (first time on the internet). When i took on the job of writing the preview. I didnt know I was going to be on a plane and have to sort my living life in sydney out. My sincere apology.

On a plus, tonight v the hawks I will see my first game in 3 years (I was living in europe) live.....I use to go to every game, so tonight will be special :)

I apologies, I was in the wrong but circumstances in real life can alter the best laid plans.

Sorry swans board. (red card me if you want, or, i dont know but I was in the wrong.)

Sorry, just got back from Europe (first time on the internet). When i took on the job of writing the preview. I didnt know I was going to be on a plane and have to sort my living life in sydney out. My sincere apology.

On a plus, tonight v the hawks I will see my first game in 3 years (I was living in europe) live.....I use to go to every game, so tonight will be special :)

I apologies, I was in the wrong but circumstances in real life can alter the best laid plans.

Sorry swans board. (red card me if you want, or, i dont know but I was in the wrong.)

Don't worry about it, no dramas at all :) welcome back to Sydney and enjoy the game!! Hope you managed to sort everything out ok before leaving Europe. Life takes us in unexpected directions all the time.

Any takers for Week 2 or 3 of finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back