Mod. Notice Seeking volunteers to write match previews in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I will write the Adelaide game preview if still possible ?

Done, it's yours!

discotobo as you didn't indicate a preference as to which game you wanted to preview I've given you the next available, being Round 9 v Essendon @ Etihad. That should be fun :p

So that takes care of the first half of the season...

Ill take one your pick rw

I'll give you the hawks at the MCG because I know how much you love Tassie's team (OK, that last bit was because you called me a tight arse)

But remember the grand final is mine

Noted!

G'day Swans board people,

Well, the pre-season is almost over, and in less than 2 weeks' time the Bloods will kick off their premiership campaign for season 2014.

After the success of last year's write-ups, once again we would like to put the call out for any budding sports journos/armchair critics to put your keyboard where your mouth is, to write match previews for each of the 22 home and away games of season 2014. These previews can be as short or long as you like, they do not have to fit any defined structure or format, it can be as humorous or serious as you like; we want you to have the freedom to put into words any salient points about the upcoming game, which we hope will generate some in-depth discussion about it.

The only proviso we require is that they have to be submitted at the latest the Thursday before the game (but preferably earlier in the case of Thursday or Friday night games) so that sufficient time can be allotted for some discussion about your preview. For example, in Round 11 when we play Geelong on the Thursday night, it would be great if you could submit your preview by the Tuesday before the game.

Some sections you might like to consider including are:
  • Previous meetings between the 2 clubs
  • List of injuries
  • Possible ins and outs
  • Possible matchups
  • Who's in form for both teams
  • Stats
  • Highlight an opposition player that we may not be familiar with
  • Tactics and formations used by either coach
  • Pictures!
  • Prediction and tip.
For an example of what may go into a preview, two excellent examples from last year are discotobo's preview from our match against the Crows in Round 11, 2013, see: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-11-preview-sydney-swans-vs-adelaide-crows.1010306/, and Blood Bath's preview of last year's game against Geelong: see http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/match-preview-round-22-geelong-vs-sydney.1026491/.
You don't have to follow these formats, the style and content are entirely up to you!

This is our home and away fixture for season 2014, and as I get volunteers for each game I will put your username next to it.
  1. Round 1 - GWS @ Spotless Stadium (Sat twilight) - robbieando
  2. Round 2 - Collingwood @ ANZ Stadium (Sat night) - Leg End
  3. Round 3 - Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval (Sat arvo) - Rhysswans13
  4. Round 4 - North Melbourne @ SCG (Sunday arvo) - Bonz
  5. Round 5 - Fremantle @ SCG (Sat twilight) - SM
  6. Round 6 - Melbourne @ MCG (Sat night) - strauchanie59
  7. Round 7 - Brisbane Lions @ Gabba (Sat night) - Sydney Bloods
  8. Round 8 - Hawthorn @ ANZ Stadium (Friday night) - RW
  9. Round 9 - Essendon @ Etihad (Friday night) - discotobo
  10. Round 10 - BYE
  11. Round 11 - Geelong @ SCG (Thursday night) - Number37
  12. Round 12 - Gold Coast @ Metricon (Sun arvo)
  13. Round 13 - Port Adelaide @ SCG (Sat arvo)
  14. Round 14 - Richmond @ MCG (Friday night)
  15. Round 15 - GWS @ SCG (Sat night)
  16. Round 16 - West Coast @ Patersons (Sun arvo) - vonn
  17. Round 17 - Carlton @ SCG (Sat night)
  18. Round 18 - Hawthorn @ MCG (Sat night) - swansrule100
  19. Round 19 - Essendon @ SCG (Friday night) - swansfan51
  20. Round 20 - Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval (Saturday night)
  21. Round 21 - St Kilda @ SCG (Sat arvo)
  22. Round 22 - Western Bulldogs @ Etihad (Sun arvo)
  23. Round 23 - Richmond @ ANZ Stadium (TBC)

Happy to do previews for Richmond and Carlton later in the year.

Happy to do previews for Richmond and Carlton later in the year.

I'll give you Richmond but I'll let MarkP do the Carlton game. Gotta share it around a bit.

I'll give you Richmond but I'll let MarkP do the Carlton game. Gotta share it around a bit.

Oops - didn't see Leg End wanted the games, I just went off the front page mate - give me any of the free ones. I am cool - whatever you put down I will be right for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oops - didn't see Leg End wanted the games, I just went off the front page mate - give me any of the free ones. I am cool - whatever you put down I will be right for.

No am happy for you to do the Blues game, I was thinking of keeping it to max 2 games per poster at this stage, to give others the chance to write something up. Leg End I hope this is OK. Still love your work! If no-one else puts their hand up you can do another one.

Last edited:
Sydney Bloods, are you still good to do the preview of the Lions game? Happy for you to kick off the early thoughts thread, you can edit in a more detailed preview later.

Anyone who would like to submit a match preview who hasn't already done one, the following matches are still available:

Round 12 - Gold Coast @ Metricon (Sun arvo)
Round 13 - Port Adelaide @ SCG (Sat arvo)
Round 21 - St Kilda @ SCG (Sat arvo)
Round 22 - Western Bulldogs @ Etihad (Sun arvo)
Round 23 - Richmond @ ANZ Stadium (TBC)

Happy to write a second if need be.

How about the second Port game at Adelaide Oval (Round 20)? Just realised no-one has that one

Hi, everyone.

We are looking for people to write the match previews for Round 13 against Port Adelaide @ the SCG in a fortnight, while also longterm looking for people to fill in the gaps for the final three matches.

Thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back