Autopsy Seen this before - Pies lose again

Mongo Ming

Intergalactic Despot
Sep 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mongo Ming who did you fbook search to find out who the topic of discussion thay shouldn't matter?? I.E being gay
I don't want to name names but I can guarantee 100% I know who it is. I actually just stumbled on it when said player was tagged by a mate in a CFC post and was able to access their page before they set it to private. For his sake though I don't want to reveal it. It's his right to reveal that if he so chooses.

cakewalk_1

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fitzroy Stars FC.
Can we have a better thread title please mods? Really disrespectful of what was a pretty good effort.
Agree Jmac70. And I Would like to take back my words on the game day post. " no guts, no heart"
I Was disappointed that we got within 14 points very late into the last and just allowed Port to walk in a kick two fairly easy goals to blow the margin out.
Yes is was a good effort, given no grundy, Pendlebury and Wells.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
Aish had least amount of ToG apparently. 14 disp with less tog then brown 11 and Blair 6.

Brown got time on ball Aish 0 time on ball.

Okay thanks for clarifying.

Why on earth wouldn't we look to give Aish opportunity through the midfield with Pendlebury, Wells and Greenwood missing?

May 7, 2011
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Tottenham, Oakland Raiders

Why on earth wouldn't we look to give Aish opportunity through the midfield with Pendlebury, Wells and Greenwood missing?
Why, indeed.
It seemed like exactly the right time to find out if he can do it at AFL-level too.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Watched the game at my kids friends house........s**t coaching performance as far as I am concerned.

I hope Bucks says in the presser that he played Aish and Brown in the centre as education because that was a s**t coaching move if it wasn't.

Port is not a good team in case the usual suspects say that we got beaten by a better team.

P.S Cox is not up to it.....Langdon = No comment.

Burnsy said before the game in an ABC interview that they planned to give Aish significant midfield time. I'd say it was definitely deliberate. Tough midfield to go head to head with, Wingard, Ebert, Wines, Boak coupled with a dominant ruckman. I'd say it was a learning experience.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL

I like Aish.. he does look like he's being used to plug holes.

In the under 18s.. the best disposal efficiency of any other player. I think he's extremely talented.. no trust whatsover from the coaching staff though.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ed will still be president this time next year, and the year after that.
Yep. No doubt.
And can you couple that with an on field prediction.
And please, not an AFLW, or netball prediction.
Because, sorry Ed, but I don't give a f@Rk about your pet projects, I'm a real footy follower.
Non of the new age stuff for me so stop spending my membership money on non AFL ventures.

P.S, Ed, pay the tax, just like Hawthorn do, and stack our team with best assistants, skills coaches and horror upon horror, a ruck coach!
Just add a couple of dollars to our membership, we'll understand if we see it used for on field good.

MarkT2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2009
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mason Cox isn't an AFL standard footballer. Constantly towelled in the middle of the ground when he was there.

Alright tap work but once the ball hits the deck he provides nothing
His tap work is terrible.
He gets his hand to it because of his height and relative athleticism but the combination of his no idea ruck work and our poor footy smarts midfield means we get dominated in the centre clearances regardless. Apart from Pendlebury and Adams we have a poor play reading ability midfield. If Treloar had a clue he'd be one of the best mids in the comp but he relies on his team mates and his athletic ability to impact. He can't read the game like an elite mid. The rest are just b to c graders.

jatsad

All Australian
Jan 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure what everyone was expecting with the outs we had.

Blair: I know everyone says it every week, but Brown has gone past him and if we are fit, he isn't even an Emergency, so i'd delist him.
Aish: I'd try to include him in a trade to the Crows for Lever, pick 6 and Aish. Fingers crossed they take it.
Fasolo: He needs a rest, that was his worst game for the year, i'd bring Kirby in for him for 2 weeks, give him a taste, even if he is too unfit, it should inspire him to get in shape for 2018.
Cox: I'd keep him as back up ruckman/forward and play we never use him.
Reid: Best game forward, makes me think recruit Lever to keep Reid forward is our best option now.
DeGoey: 70% mid, 30% forward.
Phillips: I think he is a fringe player when you get Pendlebury, Wells, Greenwood, Wills back.

I can handle the turnovers from Maynard, Langdon, Crisp. I love there attack on the ball, and more often than no they do good things.
Expected that margain before the game, and that first quarter really hurt us.
Sign bucks for 2 years and move on.
I was with you until you mentioned Bucks for the next 2 years.
He is responsible for the awful game style/plan of stopping, going sideways, going backwards, don't give the first option that he employed today.
No one can tell me that it is effective and the first half showed that.
Time for HIM to move on.
Enough of the same mediocre style of footy, get someone in with imagination.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
There were no shocks with how the match played out. Port Adelaide is a finals team and we're not, and the scoreboard reflected that in the end. Although, they're not convincing and I don't think they'll get far in September anyway.

Considering the number of exclusions we had which consisted of Pendles, Grundy, Wells, Greenwood and Varcoe it was always going to be difficult to win this game, especially against a Port Adelaide team that had been humiliated the previous week against their arch-rival and wanted to make a statement.

We played better football in the second half when we took the game on and played instinctively. The high possession game plan which was implemented in the first half was rigid and the players looked uncomfortable executing it. Our ineffective use of the ball exacerbated the issues with this particular game plan.

I had some hope in the third quarter when we mounted a come back, but at no stage did it look like we would win the game. However, we didn't get blown out of the park and we fought out the match reasonably well, especially when it looked like Port might blow us away at various stages of the game.

Reid's performance was excellent as he presented in the forward contests and got reward for effort more often than not. The improvement of Langdon and Scharenberg is another positive I could identify today as well.

Elliott and Fasolo are having a dip in form at the moment, and while De Goey is still a young player, his inconsistency will continue to be a source of frustration for supporters.

It's a sombre feeling when we're mathematically gone now, as we enter four years without finals (our third worst period in the club's history), and who knows when we'll be back in the eight again.

It's going to be a big psychological test for the players to see how they motivate themselves for the final two games. I'm sure some supporters will want us to "tank", but I'd like to see us go out on a high and ruin the chances of Geelong and Melbourne who still have much to play for.

To late to "tank", no point now missed that boat 4-5 weeks ago...

Mongo Ming

Intergalactic Despot
Sep 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's not that we lack endeavour this year, and the narrow losing margins are small comfort we are not an untalented mess but..

... we're so uncomfortable to watch at times it's like walking in on a grandparent getting changed.

That chip chip backwards sideways garbage makes me feel physically ill. Man we must love our club to sit through whole games of this s**t.

So pat yourselves on the back.

Last edited:
Yep. No doubt.
And can you couple that with an on field prediction.
And please, not an AFLW, or netball prediction.
Because, sorry Ed, but I don't give a f@Rk about your pet projects, I'm a real footy follower.
Non of the new age stuff for me so stop spending my membership money on non AFL ventures.

P.S, Ed, pay the tax, just like Hawthorn do, and stack our team with best assistants, skills coaches and horror upon horror, a ruck coach!
Just add a couple of dollars to our membership, we'll understand if we see it used for on field good.

Are you a footy follower or a Collingwood member?

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
His tap work is terrible.
He gets his hand to it because of his height and relative athleticism but the combination of his no idea ruck work and our poor footy smarts midfield means we get dominated in the centre clearances regardless. Apart from Pendlebury and Adams we have a poor play reading ability midfield. If Treloar had a clue he'd be one of the best mids in the comp but he relies on his team mates and his athletic ability to impact. He can't read the game like an elite mid. The rest are just b to c graders.
Ding!!
Is that a lightbulb I see appearing above many Collingwood followers?
I've been banging on about his lack if footy smarts for years.
Now I'm happy that the man has taken a nil AFL background and turned it in to a sub 50 AFL career.
Not many do that from a zero base at plus 20 years of age.
I applaud him.
But if we ever want Premierships, then the big man isn't that standard.
Even if he played for a decade.

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond
AFL Club
Collingwood
For the past four years our team has looked slow! That's just bad recruitment and trading. We are certainly missing Varco and Sinclair in the back line. I actually would have preferred, in hindsight of course, we used our treloar picks on two gun half back flankers. We need those more than a mid who struggles with his kicking even pre OP!
Also Blair must be getting a game as a means for the team to learn how to play a man down. Him being picked is getting beyond a joke. Now that we have no chance to play finals, him getting games ahead of a youngster would be criminal and totally detramental to our future.

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't want to name names but I can guarantee 100% I know who it is. I actually just stumbled on it when said player was tagged by a mate in a CFC post and was able to access their page before they set it to private. For his sake though I don't want to reveal it. It's his right to reveal that if he so chooses.
Pm?

What does this even mean?

Not that you need my view, but for what it's worth you've really lost your way with your posting this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback, I will try to turn things around.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wish Hawthorn had really spudded up this year, we may have been able to prise Rioli off them. At present, our forward line is a shambles and never really looks threatening.

Howe has really dropped off second half of the year.

I'm pretty sure Port were close to full strength, so reality is we weren't too bad, but there is just something s**t about watching a team that wins the ball, and when they take it forward you are not excited in the slightest because you know it will likely be coming straight back through turnover or impotent (Blair and Fasolo and Reid and Moore when it hits the ground) forwards.

Homsch (hip), Broadbent (ankle), Trengove (omitted) and SP-P (rested).

Back