Seeya later Tommy, Cam and Brady

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutted, I wanted him to hang around for one more season. He could of been a free agent!

I wanted to see him play on in 2019 then a Victorian team became crazy enough to give him a 5-6 year deal a 1 million a year and freo would of got a compo pick! :'(

Cam Sutcliffe is a weird one though. He used to love a dash off half back and had a decent composure - amazing to see he was kicking goals and getting 30 touches for East Fremantle in the WAFL before he got a debut - and it was coached out of him. He even played in a Grand Final as a what, teenager? 20 year old?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

can we please add Sutty to the title? seems he's on the way out too.

Bloody Sheridan. Spend years lambasting him and his "lackadaisical" ways, finally start to come around and begin to appreciate his efforts as a depth player, clubman, entertainer, fashionista and entrepreneur etc and then he goes and gets cut :(

I reckon he'll get another crack somewhere, probably Gold Coast or something.

Ahh Sheridan... he could run but could never break the lines, he constantly had opposition players slip his tackles, he never showed any contested work and he was an absolutely liability down back (remember Cyril Rioli in that final?). All in all it was like he couldn't work out what kind of player he was supposed to be. But I thought he was ok when up forward this year, kicked a few great goals, and like others have mentioned he was a great team player. Not the smartest footballer but a very decent human being by all reports (I've never met him personally). Good luck to him, hope he gets another chance and can prove us wrong, maybe to GWS given how many good players they've lost this year? Go and play with Deboer who has relished his new opportunity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was great for team morale, which cannot be undervalued or underappreciated. He'll be missed, but from a playing perspective it is 100% the right decision. Thanks Tommy, hopefully someone like GC give you a chance.

Hard to see the Suns picking him up. If Barlow isn't good enough for them then Sheridan is a long way from it.

Sadly my main memory of him will be that catastrophic error he made in the last quarter in the prelim v Hawthorn. In saying that I was a little surprised he was delisted, I thought he was OK in the second half of the year. There are a few i'd get rid of before Sheridan.

Cam Suttcliffe is the real surprise. Not so much the past year or so as he has fallen out of favour. But in the context that as a 20yr old he plays and starts in a Grand Final (Lachie Neale was the sub) you would think that he goes onto have a solid career at worst. How he has fallen right away considering he should now be coming into his prime is baffling?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back