Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Mini announced at E3, available in Sep 2019 (I'm confused)

Remove this Banner Ad

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
They boast that it has 42 built-in games. But there's already a retro Mega Drive console (the Mega Drive Flashback) which has 85 built-in games, and also has the better controller with 6 main buttons as opposed to 3. WTF am I missing here? Why are they releasing a new Mega Drive Mini which has half the games of the previous one and a worse controller?

They boast that it has 42 built-in games. But there's already a retro Mega Drive console (the Mega Drive Flashback) which has 85 built-in games, and also has the better controller with 6 main buttons as opposed to 3. WTF am I missing here? Why are they releasing a new Mega Drive Mini which has half the games of the previous one and a worse controller?

Looks like the "Flashback" version was from a 3rd party, and while it advertised 85 games, that wasn't quite the case.....
The box for the Sega Mega Drive Flashback HD says it contains 85 games. This sounds impressive and is legally true. But it does not contain 85 Sega Mega Drive games. It contains 45 Sega Mega Drive games, 14 Sega Master System games, 7 Game Gear games, and 19 random pieces of shovelware like Checkers and Air Hockey that you should never, ever play.

This new one is an official version that will be expandable
https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/4/18652108/sega-genesis-mini-mega-drive-tower-price

Picked mine up yesterday at JB Hi Fi on sale (100 dollars, down from RRP of $139)

It is beautiful, and possibly even better than the Mini SNES, which I also own.

Really enjoying playing Ghouls 'N' Ghosts (My all time favourite video/computer game) on my 55" HD TV. The sound and visuals are superb. Also the bundle includes Tetris, the most rare and expensive Genesis/Mega Drive cartridge on the open market)

Cannot recommend this highly enough. 10/10

If these things had real cartridge slots I'd be all over it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Was thinking of getting a retron 5 that plays all systems but then found out it doesn't play the game from the cartridge it just makes a dump of the rom onto the emulator software.

I want the Analogue SG you can even connect a real Mega CD to it but it's pricey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back