Multiplat Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - 2019 Game Awards GOTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Well deserved GOTY

Genricho in the tower was probably my favourite boss. He single-handedly made me better at the game and the fight had such an awesome attack-parry-dodge rhythm.

Agreed. Could never get the rhythm on the monkey boss. Run away and attack on the snake like attack was the only way to grind him down.

I dont think it was "AS" good as the souls series, or Bloodborne, it was an amazing game and im glad it's got the credit.

I played Sekiro then Bloodborne (and I haven't played any of the other souls games). It's funny that i rate Sekiro higher than Bloodborne pretty comfortably. Obviously subjective but I just felt Sekiro to be a much more polished game. I think the wow factor of it being my first From game probably stole from the magic of discovering it through one of their other games.

B9uJOWr.jpg

I played Sekiro then Bloodborne (and I haven't played any of the other souls games). It's funny that i rate Sekiro higher than Bloodborne pretty comfortably. Obviously subjective but I just felt Sekiro to be a much more polished game. I think the wow factor of it being my first From game probably stole from the magic of discovering it through one of their other games.
I played through Bloodborne again after finishing Sekiro. I think I prefer the visual design of BB but the combat definitely feels tighter in Sekiro. For me the perfect game would probably be a combination of both these games.

I just finished this. 10/10. Up there with Devil May Cry 5 for my favourite game of last year.

I will say, I preferred Bloodborne for its RPG elements. By the time you've finished Old Hunters and are ready for NG, you're an overlevelled monster with a bunch of sweet outfits and weapons are are free to pick up any new play style you want and plunder the Chalice Dungeons or whatever.

Sekiro is still an absolute banger though. It's a little shorter, but super, super tight and smooth. The gameplay is extremely rewarding and fun. It is brimming with just as much atmosphere as BB and it felt nice to have an active story to participate in.

And like BB, it's really fast-paced and rewards playing aggressive. Has the same sense of accomplishment for overcoming every boss and is arguably more challenging too.

I can't wait for Elden Ring and I hope it's more Bloodborne/Sekiro than Dark Souls III, which is the only Souls game I played. Maybe I made the mistake of playing it between these two because I found it kind of plodding. It seemed just as good as both it was nowhere near as fun

Can I play this now without the help of summoning other players or will it be too hard to solo?

You'll be fine. I did it without summoning. It's all about learn the mechanic of the game. Blocking is priority to build posture damage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back