Roast selection committee

Remove this Banner Ad

Mansell getting games before Sonsie. Insanity turning into madness.
I've said it a million times and everyone thinks I'm joking, but if dimma let the boys and girls on here pick the 22 we'd do better than the selection committee

Will probably be first dropped too if he makes one mistake. Play other negating duds instead cos they can run patterns. Cumberland needs to learn more strings to his bow right? But everyone else gets off scot free

will get dropped coz lynch didn't kick a goal off one of his assists

must've been cumbos fault

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selector errors way overblown.

Collingwood had 28 balls pumped into their forward 50 by Pendlebury, deGoey, Nicos, Jaicos, Sidebottom, and Crisp. We only had about 14 sent in by quality kicks. That was the game I think. The actual matchups in the arcs at both ends we were better than them. Collingwood can possibly bring in Cox and Howe if they recover from fairly long term injuries. This may improve them a little inside the arcs. Lipinski adds nothing they don't already have.

Now look at the players the selectors were not able to select last night. Martin, Short, Sonsie are crack inside 50 kicks. Hopper is very decent and would have made a good dent in their contested numbers, and Tarrant is a good kick. Broad the other one we missed may have been useful on Johnson and or Elliott, the only 2 forwards to cause us any grief.

I don't think the selectors could have altered that result tonight by choosing different players.

Last edited:
Great work match selection committee

Imagine playing three talls forward in the wet to start the game (not ryans fault in fact i would say nank should have been subbed instead)

Keeping cumberland out all year

Playing some absolute battlers cos they can tackle or pressure ahead of him? But not really

Also making nank captain is baffling. Hes battling it with soldo and ryan. Even should have been subbed instead and he def is not auto pick every week.
What boots were they wearing. thought we were the superior wet weather team but our players were slipping and sliding.

Mansell getting games before Sonsie. Insanity turning into madness.
Mansell should be our sole small defensive forward.
Our issues are we are trying to hide a serious decline in pace in some players , most notably Jack , Grimes , McIntosh , Graham , Nank and to lesser degree Cotchin , Martin .

Worst decision was sticking tall forwards even though it was belting down with rain. Should have went with a smaller team the get go - whos making these decisions? Or did all our smart coaches leave?
Nahh we got superior assistants now x afl coaches ohh wait weren't they sacked lol Who ever coaches our forwards must go. Last season and this we have been terrible.

Worst decision was sticking tall forwards even though it was belting down with rain. Should have went with a smaller team the get go - whos making these decisions? Or did all our smart coaches leave?
Ryan start's? Good for his development. Ball lived in their fwd half for the first half.
Amazing we got it back to 14 points.
Cumberland as sub and on at half time. Good call.. I hope he stays in. I think he did enough. Some creative stuff, behind in a few contests.
Young tick, Ross tick, Mansell just ok.
Clarke and Hugo tick on the selection.. but may be in trouble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back