Roast selection committee

Remove this Banner Ad

What id like to see-

-Gibcus up Forward and replaces Riewoldt.
-Young keeps his spot over Tarrant coming back.
-Jack Graham to move into midfield rotation and away from forward role playing.
-Clarke taking minutes away from Macintosh.
-Samson Ryan getting at least 12 games this year.

What id like to see-

-Gibcus up Forward and replaces Riewoldt.
-Young keeps his spot over Tarrant coming back.
-Jack Graham to move into midfield rotation and away from forward role playing.
-Clarke taking minutes away from Macintosh.
-Samson Ryan getting at least 12 games this year.
And not in the wet...

We need half a dozen players with the skills of sonsie and the outside speed of Clarke between half back and half forward to drive the engine of the team with speed and accurate kicking.

Whilst they have their own pluses, guys like MacIntosh, Cotchin, Graham, Ross, Pickett and even Martin (who didnt play but doesnt chase at all) sacrifice legspeed ditto Riewoldt and even Nank, whilst the fast players we have tried who are fast like Hugo don't have the kicking skills.

You can carry 2 or 3 but when you've got 7 or 8 in the team every week we may as well start 5 to 6 goals behind.

Nahh we got superior assistants now x afl coaches ohh wait weren't they sacked lol Who ever coaches our forwards must go. Last season and this we have been terrible.

Only a halfwit would start Lynch, Riewoldt and Ryan in the forward line when it was raining. No wonder it came out of their so easily in the 1st half.

We need half a dozen players with the skills of sonsie and the outside speed of Clarke between half back and half forward to drive the engine of the team with speed and accurate kicking.

Whilst they have their own pluses, guys like MacIntosh, Cotchin, Graham, Ross, Pickett and even Martin (who didnt play but doesnt chase at all) sacrifice legspeed ditto Riewoldt and even Nank, whilst the fast players we have tried who are fast like Hugo don't have the kicking skills.

You can carry 2 or 3 but when you've got 7 or 8 in the team every week we may as well start 5 to 6 goals behind.
Dan Rioli has pace and kicking skills, can't do it all on his own I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are way too slow to challenge, the jpkids need development in the first and we need to mix it up with our slow/oldies.

Interesting time for the selection committee. Wanting to have one last crack is one thing but ultimately we need to get games into the next gen not only because they are our future and we want to bridge the experience gap/void that will come when we lose Cotch, JR and Grimes, but mainly because they bring enthusiasm and dare.

It was so noticeable early that Cotch was the only guy who was clean when the ball was on the ground... That's an issue. Personally I would play Cotch purely midfield, off the bench, 60% game time, come on, smash into blokes and then go and rest. He's not the sort of player we need forward. Neither is Mansell. Give me Clarke there. Bolton, MRJ and Clarke through there with Cumbo, Lynch and Dusty/Ryan/JR is a much better balance. I'd like to see Bauer before season's end too... he's the most likely to replace JR (of guys on our list) imo.

I'd rather get 15 more games into Sonsie, Clarke, Hugo, Dow, Ross, Gibcus, Miller and 5-10 games into Biggie, Browne, Banks, Bauer, Young than I would having 15 games out of older guys in just average form...like Graham, Macca, Mansell (wouldn't play him forward personally although I can see the thinking - just think we'd get more out of Clarke/Sonsie there), even JR, Cotch, 80% fit Dusty, Pickett. I'm not saying these guys should be dropped at all, just that if their forms drops for a couple of weeks, rest them up and play some kids. We have enough cover with Taranto, Prestia, Hopper, Bolton, Short etc in our mids.

It might cost us a game or two but it might get us closer to a 14th flag quicker... Or I'm just impatient and not respecting the deeds of some of our champtions enough.

Only a halfwit would start Lynch, Riewoldt and Ryan in the forward line when it was raining. No wonder it came out of their so easily in the 1st half.
It was so bemusing when they were were too stubborn to change when it was pouring wel before the game started - yet they were more worried about keeping cumberland out all year cos of supposedly lack of pressure but at the same time happy to play 3 slow talls in the wet against the fastest rebounding team of the comp. We have become a dumb off field team.

It was so bemusing when they were were too stubborn to change when it was pouring wel before the game started - yet they were more worried about keeping cumberland out all year cos of supposedly lack of pressure but at the same time happy to play 3 slow talls in the wet against the fastest rebounding team of the comp. We have become a dumb off field team.
Are you Chris scott.

I've said it a million times and everyone thinks I'm joking, but if dimma let the boys and girls on here pick the 22 we'd do better than the selection committee
I know its a joke but its actually not a bad idea to let us select the team to a degree - the problem is the selection committee are probably mostly the coaches who obviously have their favourites and loyalty, they are likely to some players more leniency and its not always equal (eg some guy is a top bloke). Whereas if we selected players purely on performance, it would actually be a different result. For example, nank would get way more chances before he is dropped, purely because well he captain and probably popular teammate. Unfortunately it means if soldo is playing really well and nank isnt, he not gonna get a equal chance to get selected

Oh mate seriously * off. You see a couple of hours a week. These guys spend hours upon hours with the players and studying opposition.

Like mate pull your ******* head in you have no idea
Why are you replying in this thread? You add nothing to the discussion other than being abusive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back