Selector's Table, Round 22 Vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Has to be no change.
Daniel isn't a backman, and while a good kick doesn't have enough depth to clear a zone. Much rather the ball in Crozier's hands as you know worst case it's going 60m down the line where English and Naughton can halve the contest.
Libba probably still best 22, but the midfield is a lot more well balanced with Lipinski, Smith and Mclean supporting Macrae, Bont and Dunkley.
Wallis when back just has to play forward. Either that or he moves on for opportunity elsewhere.

Essendon game is our premiership side like 2016, no unforced changes unless injuries from now on,.

Last edited:

AFL already did the review of Friday nights game with no charges laid so Mummy is available.

If Caleb is fit he comes in... but for who?
I wouldn’t change that side, Caleb gets exposed in our defense, our long kicking out of there last night was great to watch. I think Libba and CD will get the Ollie Wines treatment next week.

Mandatory in Sweet post, but the return bout with BTC has me frothing. BTC made Sweet do multiple
laps of the pool table the first time around with his pants around his ankles. There is no bigger test
in football than a rampant BTC well VFL football anyway.

Big Jordon Sweet versus Big Tom Campbell, stuff UFC take it to KFC (Hot and spicy).

No change please. Even if Libba is right to go, leave him out. He’s not best 22 right now. Daniel too, while CD might be best 22, I feel we’ve played better without him this year
Caleb is in AA conversation. You'd leave him out to satisfy your policy to not change a winning line up? Okay.

Regarding my call that Gowers is one of seven players that will come under consideration and labeled as in 'fairy land' by your good self, please be reminded that he was named as Footscray's best last week and in Gia's press conference this week was commended for his forward pressure and ability to bring the ball to ground and doing "everything asked of him to earn a recall". Gia and I send our regards from Fairy land.

Caleb is in AA conversation. You'd leave him out to satisfy your policy to not change a winning line up? Okay.

Regarding my call that Gowers is one of seven players that will come under consideration and labeled as in 'fairy land' by your good self, please be reminded that he was named as Footscray's best last week and in Gia's press conference this week was commended for his forward pressure and ability to bring the ball to ground and doing "everything asked of him to earn a recall". Gia and I send our regards from Fairy land.

It must be a long conversation for Daniel to be in it for AA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gowers isn’t anywhere near that forward line at the moment. You talk about us making finals, then you say Gowers is a chance? Give it a spell mate, who would you drop out of our AFL side for Gowers?

Another vote for no change.

Hopefully this 22 can roll up there as a battle hardened unit and get the job done. Confidence must be super high at the moment.

There'd be a few teams hoping we dont make the finals. Bring on 2020. Top 4 awaits.

Unless Caleb has developed a massive drinking problem he is in no ones AA conversations.

I love the bloke but he is a liability in the back line now and his 35 possessions generally result in 4-5 turnovers that end in goals. He would be in the top 1-2 for direct points against due to turnovers.

Last edited:
Mandatory in Sweet post, but the return bout with BTC has me frothing. BTC made Sweet do multiple
laps of the pool table the first time around with his pants around his ankles. There is no bigger test
in football than a rampant BTC well VFL football anyway.

Big Jordon Sweet versus Big Tom Campbell, stuff UFC take it to KFC (Hot and spicy).
Big Tom Campbell throwing down the gauntlet with another 25 Disposal masterclass in what has been
loosely dubbed the best season by a ruck at VFL level since the last guy who played well. Eye of the
tiger Sweet man "If you're going to log the forest, start with the biggest tree" no fear.

Libba is the only one I would really consider. Only candidates are Hayes and Richards but would prefer to stick with what worked. Would only inject Libba if we think we need some inside grunt over run.

Richards has been average this year but his pressure has been good since he has come back from the 2s and he has pace to burn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back