Selector's Table Vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s with the West axing? Don’t get that

We are playing for finals as we still have a chance, we need to put out the best team we can. McLean is better than West right now, simple as that.
Lose & we can count ourselves out, then we just send anyone needing surgery off early & play some kids or let others play for their contracts

McLean agree is better and if ready to go
Should play.
But come on West is playing well bringing
Enthusiasm and unkown qualities.
I won't name those more experienced players that are playing ahead of him.
But like against Stkilda they won't live up
To thier hefty Expectations again.
SILLY TAMPERING AGAIN

I'm a bit nonplussed by West's omission too

I thought our forward line looked so much better last week with West and Cordy providing extra grunt and intensity

Presumably Cordy goes back this week given no Moz and the Hipwood matchup looking otherwise problematic.

Just feel that Dickson, Dale, Lloyd and Schache all forward lacks a little in physicality and defensive pressure. Nothing against the individuals, but don't like the balance.

Although his form has not been that bad, for the sake of team balance I would've much preferred McLean in for Dickson

Last edited:
Do not agree with Suckling would have gone for Williams. Suckling's greatest asset his kicking sucks a lot of the time. Not because he is not a good kick but he goes for the hardest kick for the glory much to often. plus suspect for pace against the Lions.

I've said it before, I reckon this is your equivalent of our 2015. Rapid rise up the ladder with a young squad, make finals but don't get far (losing a competitive game against Adelaide). The following year obviously goes a little better ;)
Let’s be honest we would have been happy with 8-10 wins this year so I’ll take finals. Dare to dream though.

Let’s be honest we would have been happy with 8-10 wins this year so I’ll take finals. Dare to dream though.

I like the lions but they are miles off winning a flag at the G so I do hope they don’t make it coz it will mean a sh!t game. Out of the top 8 they are the team I’d like to win it but just don’t see it down here.

Also think you will go backwards next year. No injuries and a cherry draw this year have definitely helped. This is your chance to pinch one so go for it

Nah I am flattered for west that a joke he goes hard at the ball looks good as Mclean well he is the duck king

I watched West closely at the game. He made a few bad attempts at flying for the ball. Just over-enthusiastic and nothing that experience won't fix.

It's a strong team this week.

West has been awesome in the VFL took ages for him to get a game well Gardner gets drafted then next day his playing cleary coz the role but god he doesn't look good at all
West would not of played last week if Mclean was fit. People need to chill, its a logical change

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least he is replaced by a better (currently), more developed Premiership player in McLean. If it had of been Hayes I would had the microwave back on high.

You mean the guy that was dropped a month ago mate?

Living in 2016 won’t help us move forward.

By that rational we drop Naughton for Roberts

West would not of played last week if Mclean was fit. People need to chill, its a logical change

Except with the amount of #versatility in the side there's no reason it has to be West for McLean. You could have Richards or Hunter or Bailey Smith take Suckling's spot. You could go in short and play literally anyone at full forward, seeing as we rarely actually kick deep enough for a full forward to be much use.

You mean the guy that was dropped a month ago mate?

Living in 2016 won’t help us move forward.

By that rational we drop Naughton for Roberts
Nah he was pretty f’ing good 2 weeks ago McLean before he picked up a niggle. He’s a very good player in my eyes and plays great transitional Football which is what he need to get to the magical 100 points.

All or nothing is spot on.

Brisbane wont be in cruise control they have plenty to play for a Top 4 or even a Top 2 spot is up for grabs.

Sorry for the intrusion but the fact that your words are being uttered outside of our club is surreal. Fantastic, but wow.

Hope it's a cracker of a game.

McLean was brilliant before he got injured, hope he continues the form from before the latest injury

I’m hoping he goes back to the 50/50 mid fwd role on Sunday. If he plays like he did when having more mid minutes a few weeks back, but having that impact inside 50 I think it’ll play a big role in us getting the win.

McLean was brilliant before he got injured, hope he continues the form from before the latest injury

No probs with McLean coming in but jut don’t think anyone deserves a single crack at it at senior level.

West should be in and if that means Suckling doesn’t play or someone else goes out then so be it.

Also no way i would bring Schache in this week. Wont get near it but am hoping he proves me wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back