Selector's Table Vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Mattie2016

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A win against the top team and no injuries.

In: Liberatore
Out: R. Smith

Additionally, the following players are putting their hand up: Wallis, Morris, Dale, West and Gowers is also likely to be available for selection.

Some vulnerability: Dureya

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ed Richards and Rourke Smith are the most in jeopardy. Duryea was solid.

Smith in particular can’t afford to have such limited contribution. He’s not in next week for mine

Rhylee west has to be close.

Morris obviously will come back but maybe give him one more week. Trengrove cost us 3 goals tonight through mistakes. The switch that he missed, the Dangerfield goal to start the second half and the Hawkins goal near the end.

Morris might eventually replace him.

wian

Premiership Player
May 21, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NZ Breakers / New York Knicks
Libba might be a sneaky chance. He was on at half time and was confident he might be back next week. I'd bring him and Morris in for R smith. Not sure who you would drop for the other person if Libba got up?

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd give Moz one more week in VFL just to be sure. R. Smith out for a West debut.

Trengove should be more suited to playing on Tom McDonald. Cordy on Weideman. Midfield battle will again be critical.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd give Moz one more week in VFL just to be sure. R. Smith out for a West debut.

Trengove should be more suited to playing on Tom McDonald. Cordy on Weideman. Midfield battle will again be critical.

Tom Mcdonald is pretty athletic. If anything that makes Trengrove less suitable.

I’d seriously consider Moz.

ringa5

CRAZY HORSE
Jun 1, 2009
goldcoast
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ed Richards gives us speed and x factor
No need to consider dropping him.
Nowone with his pace knocking the door down anyway.
Wallis Libba and West could all fall victim
To being the type of player we have plenty of.
Anyway great to see a well balanced team playing the last few weeks.And its no coincedence
We're playing less inside midfielders.
And more genuine forwards and reaping the rewards.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Selection headaches next week. Senior players in Moz, Libba & Wally in the mix.

I’d give the first two another week to make sure they’re right.

Wallis for Smith but make sure Wallis doesn’t get a minute if midfield time and keep him forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Selection headaches next week. Senior players in Moz, Libba & Wally in the mix.

I’d give the first two another week to make sure they’re right.

Wallis for Smith but make sure Wallis doesn’t get a minute if midfield time and keep him forward.

Spoke with Mitch last night. While he played vfl it was very limited minutes and he’s still a few weeks off

Bulldogsnm1

All Australian
Aug 23, 2006
Altona
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
GWS
I was super confident we would beat Geelong, however Melbourne is a real tough game for us in that they match up so well against us. Gawn in the ruck could dominate and they have a tough mid field group that will nullify our biggest asset. Their lack of class deliverers though means we will get a lot of chances to attack from defensive part of the ground. I would expect to see us score from the back regularly if we are to win. I would like to see Trengrove be a ruck option later in the game as Melbourne don’t have the Hawkins type player. Perhaps play English deep forward at stages and drop Naughton back, something we could have done when English tired against Grundy.

Looking at the VFL yesterday Morris is a little way off and if there was to be a change, West would be the most likely.

Rourke Smith most likely to be the out although he does give genuine toughness to the group.

Mattie2016

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sorry mate but that is totally wrong... Duryea totally shut down Ablett. He was easily our best defensive player and also had many inside 50s.
I think Dureya has been a terrific contributor. He is vulnerable due to the fact that we have damaging players that simply must return at some point - Wallis, Daniel, Libba, Gowers, Morris, Jong... Dureya, R. Smith, Richards would be the obvious three that haven't cemented their spots, so will need to continue to perform as the big guns return.

Duryea?

What game did you watch?
Please stop replying to a post by denigrating the poster. You can make your point in a polite and respectful way, or not do it at all. These provocative, disrespectful posts have got to stop or I'll be kicking you out of here permanently. Stop poisoning this board MD.

Johnny_Dogg4

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was super confident we would beat Geelong, however Melbourne is a real tough game for us in that they match up so well against us. Gawn in the ruck could dominate and they have a tough mid field group that will nullify our biggest asset. Their lack of class deliverers though means we will get a lot of chances to attack from defensive part of the ground. I would expect to see us score from the back regularly if we are to win. I would like to see Trengrove be a ruck option later in the game as Melbourne don’t have the Hawkins type player. Perhaps play English deep forward at stages and drop Naughton back, something we could have done when English tired against Grundy.

Looking at the VFL yesterday Morris is a little way off and if there was to be a change, West would be the most likely.

Rourke Smith most likely to be the out although he does give genuine toughness to the group.

yeh i agree, gawn alone can win them the game.

either way its going to be a tricky game

mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gawn concerns me but didnt he mess his ankle up last week? I agree if we can control gawn somewhat we win. Hows sweets ruck work compared to Timmy? I'm just concerned tim will get ministered as even Stanley was getting on top

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Going to be a tough call regards the mids because the extra pace Smith and McLean bring has helped a lot.

Do you put them back to the wing positions and bring in Libba and Wally?

Or do you ditch a defender and/ or forward?

Pretty unfair if you do, Dickson is dangerous in there and our defence has been really good past 2 games. Williams is going to be a great player- his spoiling, marking and kicking is elite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back