Selector's Table Vs Melbourne

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Bont had a shocker by his standards. Got done HTB multiple times, missed simple handballs and kicks, kicking for goal atrocious. Would like to see him go back to the VFL and build his confidence back. I'd bring in Wallis to take his spot on ball. No other change apart from maybe Roarke Smith for Morris if he's ready to go.

Bont had a shocker by his standards. Got done HTB multiple times, missed simple handballs and kicks, kicking for goal atrocious. Would like to see him go back to the VFL and build his confidence back. I'd bring in Wallis to take his spot on ball. No other change apart from maybe Roarke Smith for Morris if he's ready to go.
PROVOCATIVE

Pep_x

Team Captain
Nov 15, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Given they are now likely to go in with both Gawn and Preuss next week, some ruck support for English might be required.
Perhaps Moz could come in allowing JT to shoulder some of the ruck.
Tough to drop anyone after the past two weeks though.

0utsider

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Going to be a tough call regards the mids because the extra pace Smith and McLean bring has helped a lot.

Do you put them back to the wing positions and bring in Libba and Wally?

Or do you ditch a defender and/ or forward?

Pretty unfair if you do, Dickson is dangerous in there and our defence has been really good past 2 games. Williams is going to be a great player- his spoiling, marking and kicking is elite.

Without checking heat maps or stats, I thought McLean played a decent amount of wing time over the weekend and did well. His skills are underrated, particularly when he find himself in a bit of space, and his decision making is about as good as it gets.

go the dogs

All Australian
Apr 15, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mcdonald out for Dees help massive. Lets hope Gawn doesn't quite get up.
For me just the 1 change. R Smith out Wallis in. Smith maybe a bit unlucky after a decent game the week before but for me isn't up to it and Wallis is a better player.
Selection in the coming weeks is going to be tough which is a good thing.
Morris, Libba ,Daniel all to come in. Right now if they were ready this week who do people have going out. For me.

Morris-Cordy
Libba- dickson
Daniel- Richards
Wallis- R Smith

My ideal team leading into hopefully 5 wins from the last 7 and 8th on the ladder.

Wood Trengove Crozier
Daniel Morris Duryea
JJ Dunkley Hunter
Wallis Schache Libba
LLoyd Naughton Mclean
English Bont Macrae

Lipinski Smith Suckling Williams.

Possibly Suckling or wallis out for a spare tall or an extra small forward depending on team we play. i would say 19 are certainties will Wallis Williams & Suckling positions up for debate.

With McDonald out I wonder if we even need Trengove, I wouldn't mind a more dynamic set up. No matter which ruck plays a fit Gawn will destroy them, but I fear for Timmy this week. Though I'm confident our midfield will shark his hitouts. We've done it before.

English is under instruction not to follow opposing rucks around the ground - he either drops back, forward or acts like as an outlet in midfield. So it will be interesting to see what Bev does if a dominant ruck gets on top. Again. Goldstein was left unopposed and was the most dominant player on the ground. Grundy was excellent too, though no player can run with a dominant Grundy ATM.

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Let’s be quiet then and hopes he goes away.

So far down the list now it’s not funny mate

West
Cavarra
Wallis
Moz
Daniel
Libba

Dale

Hang on, mate, Moz and Daniel are backmen. West and Cavarra aren't in front of him - Bailey was VFL BOG this weekend and has acquitted himself well in many games at AFL level. And yeah, Libba is still to come in but that doesn't mean there won't be another opening for Bailey. As for Wallis, his spot is under threat from Bailey. If he doesn't perform, then Bailey comes in.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hang on, mate, Moz and Daniel are backmen. West and Cavarra aren't in front of him - Bailey was VFL BOG this weekend and has acquitted himself well in many games at AFL level. And yeah, Libba is still to come in but that doesn't mean there won't be another opening for Bailey. As for Wallis, his spot is under threat from Bailey. If he doesn't perform, then Bailey comes in.

Mate Bailey has not acquitted himself well in the AFL this year at all or he would still be in the team

He is miles off and one good effort in the VFL will not result in a return.

I don’t mind the bloke but personally think his days are numbered.

I hunk of you did a poll in here Dale or West the result would be 90% West

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mate Bailey has not acquitted himself well in the AFL this year at all or he would still be in the team

He is miles off and one good effort in the VFL will not result in a return.

I don’t mind the bloke but personally think his days are numbered.

I hunk of you did a poll in here Dale or West the result would be 90% West

Season's not over, jury is still out, so there!

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No change. How could you mess with a team that has just beaten Port away and Geelong?

They're going to be without Tom McDonald and possibly Gawn. We have absolutely NO excuse for losing this one. We must beat a team BELOW us (my God - that is a weird line to write)

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dale offers alot to the team but it should never be a conversation of him vs libba or wallis or cavarraor west. They play completely different roles. Dale had a seriously injury and has missed alot of football, I think he got brought up to early if he can string together 3 or 4 good vfl games I can see him coming in and having a real impact towards the end of the year.

Mattie2016

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Libba reportedly ready to go. He will come in and Roarke will be stiff to miss, but unless someone is sore (Suckling looked like he was ginger post game, as did Dickson and Bailey Smith had a lot of ice on his shoulder), then the drummer from Hanson is the likely candidate.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Dale offers alot to the team but it should never be a conversation of him vs libba or wallis or cavarraor west. They play completely different roles. Dale had a seriously injury and has missed alot of football, I think he got brought up to early if he can string together 3 or 4 good vfl games I can see him coming in and having a real impact towards the end of the year.

Not true at all. Libba and Wallis have both played primarily forward at different stages. We have a lot of blokes who play multiple roles and we don't always replace like-for-like if you pay attention to our team selection.

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not true at all. Libba and Wallis have both played primarily forward at different stages. We have a lot of blokes who play multiple roles and we don't always replace like-for-like if you pay attention to our team selection.

So, even you are against Bailey. Shame.:sob:

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I find I chuckle every time I see the title of this thread "Selector's Table"

I have a suggestion, On Fridays, we close this thread off and start another called "Captain's Run" for discussion about the coming match after the team has been selected and is closed when the most excellent "Game Day"* thread is let loose on the unsuspecting.

*Warning: not for the faint hearted.

Back