Selector's Table Vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Libba was on the 7 News re his return, guess he is likely to go straight back in if they have inside info on it.

Trenners has regular howlers but seems to be doing ok other than that of late

I really appreciate the role you guys take on as moderators. Basically, you keep BigFooty online. Full stop.

But I have to say, some of the cut and thrust that occurs is what keeps this place alive (including mods interventions - high drama!). Posters shouldn't be too precious about their feelings. Let's be a little bit robust when we are on the net.

It's just a pain in the arse having to read childish arguments when you want to talk footy. It would be OK if it was just one comment, but one leads to another, and another, and another.

Let's hope Lin Jong makes a slow & steady comeback through the VFL :)

In: Liberatore
Out: Whoever is required to be sacrificed.

Interested to hear Wallis on the Dogs website today saying that his leg still isn't feeling right and that he's going to play VFL again to see how it feels.

This is weird. Either the injury is right to play or not. If it is not right you would think you do further damage.

Only played limited minutes last week. Will gradually build up, I would think. Gotta be finals-ready :)
He did pretty well for limited minutes. 22 disposals and 6 tackles isn't too shabby.

Libba was on the 7 News re his return, guess he is likely to go straight back in if they have inside info on it.

Trenners has regular howlers but seems to be doing ok other than that of late

We have to keep in mind we kept the premiership favs to 55 points last week and Trengove player key back, albeit he gave them one direct goal late in the match

Has a howler or two but was a good effort

I think if Libba is ready to go the obvious replacement is Roarke Smith. Unlucky cause he played a blinder in Adelaide, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

We may need Libba's toughness against a strong midfield.

It's just a pain in the arse having to read childish arguments when you want to talk footy. It would be OK if it was just one comment, but one leads to another, and another, and another.

Let's hope Lin Jong makes a slow & steady comeback through the VFL :)

Aye. Lin has played some really good games in the senior side. If he can get back to his best form and fitness, he will be top 22.

For me, it's unchanged.

Would love to see Libba in the side, but it'll be tough to drop anyone from last week. I thought Bailey Smith might have needed a break, but that kid is a beast. Over the next 3 weeks would be good to see West get a go. Played a decent block of footy in the magoos.

Would also like to see Cordy get some confidence back. Showed good signs against the Cat

4 disposals, 2 clangers and 1 tackle.

You can't say Roarke doesn't deserve to be dropped after that sort of effort regardless of his game the week prior.

Given McDonald went down I'd bring Westy in and keep Moz on ice for another week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't say Roarke doesn't deserve to be dropped after that sort of effort regardless of his game the week prior.

Given McDonald went down I'd bring Westy in and keep Moz on ice for another week.
Bevo has a tendency (for the most part) to give players a run of 3-4 games before dropping for poor form. Lewis Young seems to be the rare exception to this rule, but I imagine he will give Roarke another go this week, and if he has another shocker, we probably won't see him in a Bulldogs jumped again.

The Port game was fantastic from Roarke; if he can pull off games like that more often, he could even make his way into the 22, and not just be depth

We have to keep in mind we kept the premiership favs to 55 points last week and Trengove player key back, albeit he gave them one direct goal late in the match

Has a howler or two but was a good effort
He dominated Harry Mckay and Charlie Dixon and kept Hawkins relatively quiet. He's doing all we can expect of a guy who spent all pre-season in the ruck.

There's basically no better option for the non-Hunter wing. Richards and B. Smith have struggled to make it theirs. Williams and JJ are alright there but probably help us more in defence (don't want to throw too many magnets around after a win). I reckon no matter who you put there they'll have more bad weeks than good. Big part of that is one of our biggest accumulators takes the other wing so the ball stays over there for most of the game.

He dominated Harry Mckay and Charlie Dixon and kept Hawkins relatively quiet. He's doing all we can expect of a guy who spent all pre-season in the ruck.
The whole - he spent pre season as a... is a bit over played. Doesnt really mean a whole lot.

He's doing a good job but he still feels like a bit of a stop gap solution.

Don't forget the Richmond game - comprehensively towelled up Lynch. Kept him to 5 touches and a behind

He makes some frustrating decisions sometimes, especially with his positioning, but he is also vital to our defence right now and honestly the best KPD we have (besides Morris, who hasn't been fit)

In defence of Roarke he has come back with the flight a few times and saved a number of goals with a few spoils, which have come at handy times. But wouldn't be against him being dropped for West

Gawn, Lever and Jetta all back for Melbourne. Makes them a fair bit stronger.

Will get killed in the ruck but one of them will be forward, height a worry but if it hits the deck we can walk it out. Timmy should be able to get the better of them around the ground, makes them a better team but coming back from injuries is always an unknown. Macdonald being out is massive, would be more worried if he was in the side than Preuss

Id be tempted to bring in Sweet, English cant go it alone with Schache. Or even bring in Moz, move Trenners to the ruck and English forward/ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back