Selector's Table Vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

It was the first game I've seen live this year - I thought it was an average game of football. At least half a dozen times Geelong should have goaled only to fumble at crucial times (much like we usually do) and several other times dropped easy marks, as well as missing several easy shots (much like we usually do). My eye test says the scoreboard flattered us.

just my opinion of course

Agree with you up to the part about the scoreboard flattering us. We only won by less than three goals which is about right given key indicators like inside fifties. No doubt Geelong were poor and so were we, but we were definitely a few goals better on the night.

Check out the footage of his chase down tackle at last weeks vfl game . He brought down a player 10 years his junior ....freak of a human being .

That guy didn't seem like he was blessed with speed, looked like he was 100kg plus. Although Moz burnt past Sweet who looked like he was walking (was actually disappointed in his effort for that play). He's still a freak though

them losing tmac and weideman is very very handy for us, they have good ins too though interested to see how Gawn goes.

Pressure mounting for Roarke to have a better game than last week with some key ins coming, with Ed Richards also having a mixed bag in form and Zine potentially in trouble with Moz coming back in

So, you're saying we really are ordinary, and the teams we beat are just out of form?

No I mean it was an ordinary game. Both coaches didn't take any risks. Massive flooding, bad turnovers and poor goalkicking made for a less than scintillating three quarters.

But the last quarter was brilliant. Was a great team performance all told, just not a wonderful spectacle.

No I mean it was an ordinary game. Both coaches didn't take any risks. Massive flooding, bad turnovers and poor goalkicking made for a less than scintillating three quarters.

But the last quarter was brilliant. Was a great team performance all told, just not a wonderful spectacle.
I thought we applied good pressure and had great run in patches through 2-4 qtrs.

It was the first game I've seen live this year - I thought it was an average game of football. At least half a dozen times Geelong should have goaled only to fumble at crucial times (much like we usually do) and several other times dropped easy marks, as well as missing several easy shots (much like we usually do). My eye test says the scoreboard flattered us.

just my opinion of course

Pressure, we put them under pressure. Teams have kicked lots / been accurate against us in a number of games because we did not apply sufficient pressure. Last week was a bit more like what we got used to in 2015 and 2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zine potentially in trouble with Moz coming back in

Cant see zaine getting dropped hes been a mainstay of the bevo regime

I can only assume people have preconceived ideas of players or have one previous bad game etched into their memories.

Zaine was outstanding against Geelong. Watch the replay and watch specifically for him. He was superb.

In addition to this, he's in the top 7 players in the league for total minutes played this year.

Why couldn’t we play Gold Coast now? They’re toast lol
God knows what the AFL is going to do with them. More concessions I suppose. Also, there's some talk that the Darwin area could be added to their academy zone which would infuriate the other teams and compromise the draft further. There is a lot of young talent on their list but the mid to late aged players are just not good enough to raise the standard.

I feel a bit sorry for the kids drafted to GC. Luko was meant to be this incredible talent and he’s been given nothing to work with. King especially having to leave his twin too. (Just realised this isn’t the thread I thought it was, will keep future s**t talking of the Suns in the general footy thread.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back