Sell your Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saying your confidence is admirable but misguided.

Good luck for 2019.
I’m not confident for 2019. I think the dons will be in the 6 - 12 area of the ladder. Still 3-4 years away from a serious challenge. Allot of luck involved for a flag these days, even comp.

now you are being smart arse.. I will count you in sunder essecnce;;;

never wanted history but wanted truth.. legend is perfection...
Expect smartarse comments when u single out a team.

success is over rated ....
you will always get a seat at our home games...
our fans are loyal though and when the time does come that we toast our second flag it will be one hell of a party

Dress warm then, because it'll probably be a cold day down there when that day comes.

Lions will be a powerhouse club in two years for the next decade. All that's needed to say really.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/karnezis-vs-darling.993839/

Jack%20Darling%20landscape.jpg

For starters, I'd say we're a club that has dragged itself out of the deepest pits of despair, twice (late 50s-early 60s, and mid 90s), to attain a true winning culture, unmatched by any other club.
In the modern era, there is no 'big 4'. There is only a 'big one'. That's us.
It comes down to one word: success
At this point, I would do a 'comparison sell', with say, a club like Collingwood.
The Pies are a massive, rich, powerful, successful club. Since 1958, the Pies have won a grand total of two flags. In that time, we have won 13. In the AFL era, they have two flags. We have 5. In the 2000s, they have one flag, we have 4.
If you want to support the true powerhouse of the league, look this way.

As a St. Kilda supporter it is obviously harder to sell our club than others since we have the worst history of any club in the game....
BUT....
In spite of that we have survived and are still known as the St. Kilda Saints with the same original colours.
We aren't the Brisbane Saints, the Gold Coast Saints or even the Southern Saints.
Yes the Brisbane Lions, Sydney Swans and even the Western Bulldogs have all won flags but they are not their original foundation club names. This might not seem important but it means something to me and that I'm proud of.
We have almost gone out of existence a number of times but we are still here fighting on.
When we do win our next flag as the St. Kilda Saints (hopefully in my lifetime) it will be all that more special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since the Bombers last won in September, two AFL clubs were formed, the US went through four presidential elections, we went through six Prime Ministers, ISIS was an Egyptian god, the iPhone didn't exist, and Rolf Harris and Bill Cosby were seen as good men.
not to support the bombers but history will show the longer the wait the closer they are to ending it... Essendon have been average for a loooooong time but nothing stays down forever just like nothing stays up forever i would say their period of being down will turn sooner rather than later .... same with Brisbane, Carlton and St Kilda the real test as i can say from bitter experiance is to when it is your time to actually grab that flag with both hands

Remove this Banner Ad

Back