Expansion Selling Blockbusters out of Victoria ..? The next step in AFL Expansion

Remove this Banner Ad

Who Am I taking to court?

This ain't Telsor v Big 4 Caravan Parks at the Bendigo County Court suing because there was a power surge whist she was taking out her curlers. I am not a Crown Prosecutor.

Anyone can take them to court so long as they have been adversely affected, (or to raise criminal proceedings)....and by the way you obsess over it, I'd imagine your shrink would agree that is the case.

i think what covid has shown is the agility to be more flexible when it comes to locations.

What its also shown is how easily games can be moved and produced for the TV audience at the drop of a hat.

The MCC would be extremely nervous, as the next blockbuster to move is 100% the grand final.

Ive been saying for years its the biggest advantage any Melbourne team has.

Why have the AFL signed a deal that works against the interests of a Stadium they actually own? Why do they passively take part in the denigration of the facility they outright own and could, if they promoted it, generate the most money from? It's rather curious don't you think?

Its to prevent the league moving games to Etihad. Otherwise the league might well try to make more money out of its own stadium and dump a whole stack of laow drawing games there instead. Its unlikely, but in the event the leagues relations with the MCC go pearshaped, needs to be contracted.
This was a big problem in the 70's and 80's and VFL Park right?

Essendon and Richmond were chosen because their colours make up the Aboriginal flag. It doesn't make sense with any other clubs.

Nah, they were chosen because Sheedy wanted them. The colours were just an excuse.

Ok, so what about rather than have two Victorian clubs play the Marquee games which are promoted and have no competition on TV - they share around, say the Dreamtime game, Anzac game etc with different teams, and at different venues.

The WAFL was miles ahead of the VFL in terms of participatation of indigenous players for example - so having one of the WA teams involved makes sense. Obviously there is a long history in South Australia also.

Going to share around your derbies as well?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back