Selwood or Dangerfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Richmond would be far better off with Selwood. Adds exactly what you are missing, IMO
yeah fair point he would be a huge missing piece for us. though imagine dusty and danger coming out of the square or resting forward.

Selwood by a healthy margin. You'd build a team around him. Youd never lack for a role model. Youd never lack for full effort. He plays better in tough games. What else is there.

Eagles need to the love child between the two. We lack an inspirational leader and we also lack a powerful bigger bodied inside mid that crack a game open.

Danger. I'd be ashamed to support a team that has that ducking flog Selwood. Absolutely no respect for him as a player.

I see that, and I think that too sometimes. But then I watch him drag himself up out of contests no one else could. Selwood may be a ducker and a flog, but he is also a tough SOB. Not only does he shake off head knocks that no one else could, but he goes on and performs as he did before the knocks. I have never seen anything like Selwood's courage.

I see that, and I think that too sometimes. But then I watch him drag himself up out of contests no one else could. Selwood may be a ducker and a flog, but he is also a tough SOB. Not only does he shake off head knocks that no one else could, but he goes on and performs as he did before the knocks. I have never seen anything like Selwood's courage.
This is why I don't understand the hate. He does literally everything within the rules to ensure a win, independant of whether such action is consiered kosher. He is like Hodge in that regard, he just does not give a f**k what people think of him if it ensures a victory. Its no coinidence that they are both multiple premierhip winners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selwood, no question. Not even close.

Agree.
Perhaps if Dangerfield can play to the level he has been the previous 4-5 seasons, right up until his 32nd b'day, he may surpass Selwood.

For influencing games and lifting his teammates, I don't think they are even in the same stratosphere. Selwood has been one of the best at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back