Remove this Banner Ad

yoodooright

Senior List
May 7, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GFC, Dallas Mavs
Based purely on this year, who would you rather have in your side? I think last year this was a no contest in Dangers favour but Selwood has lifted to another level (again) this year and adds not only his individual contribution, but also his leadership. thusly: Selwood for mine. I think if you slotted Selwood into the crows midfield we would be all out flag favorites, I am not so sure that the same could be said of Dangerfield. Thoughts? The guy who is leading the AFLCA votes, or the reigning brownlow medalist?

Last edited:

Danger as a player, Selwood as a Captain. Currently my team needs Danger more.
You have Hodge, who fulfills the leadership role admirably - whether or not he is Captain. I think Adelaide, Richmond, and GWS would all benefit more from Selwood than Danger. Perhaps Melbourne & Carlton also?

Selwood. Extraordinary player and captain. Drags the team across the line time and time again. I'm privileged to be able to watch him every week.

You have Hodge, who fulfills the leadership role admirably - whether or not he is Captain. I think Adelaide, Richmond, and GWS would all benefit more from Selwood than Danger. Perhaps Melbourne & Carlton also?
Not to pot any captains, but Brisbane, Port and Collingwood come to mind also. All three have decent to strong midfields, but could do with a bit more mongrel/ leadership.

Danger is a champion....But Selwood's arrival in 2007 was one of the biggest things in the history of our club, it is no coincidence we become a force once he arrived, Selwood for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to pot any captains, but Brisbane, Port and Collingwood come to mind also. All three have decent to strong midfields, but could do with a bit more mongrel/ leadership.
Good game. We lack leadership. I feel we would have won tonight with Selwood in the mix - results like this are so indicative in that regard.

Good game. We lack leadership. I feel we would have won tonight with Selwood in the mix - results like this are so indicative in that regard.
Completely agree, you guys have had a good season so far, but have struggled in tight games. That's where Selwood would help so much. Condolences, you'll be thereabouts come seasons end.

Danger. I'd be ashamed to support a team that has that ducking flog Selwood. Absolutely no respect for him as a player.
Wow, that seems a hysterical response. Im sure that you are of your word though - if port somehow wrangled to trade for Selwood you would duly no longer support them. Its absurdities like this that make it hard to have a serious discussion on Bigfooty

Wow, that seems a hysterical response. Im sure that you are of your word though - if port somehow wrangled to trade for Selwood you would duly no longer support them. Its absurdities like this that make it hard to have a serious discussion on Bigfooty
Spot on.

Didn't say I wouldn't support them, it would just make it much harder to do so.

Didn't say I wouldn't support them, it would just make it much harder to do so.
If your club could straight swap say Sam Gray for Joel Selwood - as a supporter, would you condone that? I mean, I know we are all parochial, love our own & loathe the enemy, but there reaches a point where it is just absurd, surely?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back