Review Semi-Final #2 2021 - Geelong Cats v GWS Giants, 7.50 pm AEST Fri 3 September @ Optus Oval, WA

Remove this Banner Ad

I just hope we win this last qtr. We needed to play Briggs and mumford . Mumford is actually still s reasonably useful forward, as is Briggs.

Absolute shut out job tonight by the umps. Any momentum you guys started to get was immediately shut down. The AFL clearly didn’t want the Giants to advance. Blatantly biased, it’s just sickening to watch. You know it’s bad when even the commentators make comments about it. On the flip side - Well done Giants, a bloody good effort given how many key players are out with injury. I admire your fight to never surrender and keep fighting until the end. Shows a great maturity about the group when they dig deep and continue to fight despite the scoreboard and BS umpire calls.

An heroic 3 month performance on the road.

It will go down in club history as legendary road trip.

We’ve established our Top 4 credentials for 2022.

Beat the Swans last week.

Lost to VFL HQ stitch-up tonight.

Very proud.

Mummy going out as a true champion and club legend.

Bring on 2022!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And found a beauty in Stone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just ran out of troops and luck.
Every thing went against us tonight.
They had a crack.
A nice glimpse into the future, Stone, Ash, and Bruhn looked really good tonight.

Well there it is.

Very proud of the team for their performance.

I thought the younger players really stepped up to start that 4th - Stone, Bruhn, Ash, Hill all playing with high energy for a good stretch until the umpires killed all the momentum.

Mate, I reckon he has been our best player. In this game he’s stamped himself as a future superstar. His speed, evasion and composure has stood out.

In a dirty game he’s been a shining light.

On the other side Coniglio…I don’t even know what to say. His fall from grace is Ian Baker-Finch like. I don’t even know if we can get a trade for him even if we paid half.

It is deeply concerning where large chunks of our cap are going for the next 6 years.
He ran his guts out in that qtr.

Mate, I reckon he has been our best player. In this game he’s stamped himself as a future superstar. His speed, evasion and composure has stood out.

In a dirty game he’s been a shining light.

On the other side Coniglio…I don’t even know what to say. His fall from grace is Ian Baker-Finch like. I don’t even know if we can get a trade for him even if we paid half.

It is deeply concerning where large chunks of our cap are going for the next 6 years.
He ran his guts out in that qtr.

Incredible year. Unearthed some absolute gems this year. After losing the first 3 and the loss against Freo in Rd 2 it looked like a very long year, but ended up finishing 6th with a broken down team and bugger all home games. The team has shown a lot heart rather than previous squads being overloaded with talent. We should be aiming for top 4 next year.

And unnecessary suspension of toby greene. We must be due for a good year for injuries. Hopefully no covid impact next year.
Absolutely gutted. I feel like we have played some really good footy. But they have answered every challenge:

Same as every giants year. Just way too many players out

Connor stone and Tanner Bruhn take a bow. Hope we lock those 2 in ASAP

I was proud as sh*t of both of them tonight

Boy oh boy can Connor play

Connor already locked in for an extra 2 (end of 24)
Apparently Bruhn is keen to extend as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back