Game Day Semi Final, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from one decent mark in the last quarter, epitomised the definition of plodder.

Rayner did his usual one or two good things and then dropping simple marks and other basic fundamentals.

McCarthy non existent again, Bailey and Answerth barely sighted and let’s not pretend any of this is anything new, but yep, let’s not make any changes.

Not blaming umpires or GWS, we got our fair share of free kicks and they played fair and hard, we let it slip. It was our home final, can’t help but say that was a real lost opportunity, yet again we didn’t take our chances. Very hard to finish 2nd on the ladder in current competition and I did expect us win at least one final. Very deflating.

PS Stefan Martin take a bow.

Toby greene the grub cheat should never have played

Channel 7 commentary is just dreadful
Give me eddie any day

We really need a power forward. Someone who can take a grab. No more pinch hitters.

Feel so deflated
Hope gws go on and do a few nice season ending numbers next week on themselves
Correct. We should be looking to draft real full forward.

Aside from one decent mark in the last quarter, epitomised the definition of plodder.

Rayner did his usual one or two good things and then dropping simple marks and other basic fundamentals.

McCarthy non existent again, Bailey and Answerth barely sighted and let’s not pretend any of this is anything new, but yep, let’s not make any changes.
Delist all of them. They didn't play any part in us finishing second.

Mummy only reason to play is to smash people.
how many guys had their heads smashed into the ground and Razor just likes to chat away with look at me.

There are some serious problems we need to iron out for next season.

I can only recall a few occasions where we have kicked the ball inside 50 to a player on a hard lead. All bombs. Out inside 50 kicking is our single biggest let down and area we need to improve.

We need speed in the backline. Witherden is slow as treacle. Harris, Adams and Gardiner have had an awful finals campaign.

Throw absolutely everything at Rory Laird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a lot of character in this team that will count as they mature together.
Did everything butwin it in the end and Martin and Robertson who are maligned often both did their job outstanding tonight.
Can’t wait till next season and see where they grow to. Proud of a great season from the team

Sorry you guys went out that way. Have enjoyed watching you play this year (with only a couple of exceptions that kinda go without saying).

As a Port fan your emergence as a force this year reminds me of ours way back in 2001, and we also had a last gasp less than a goal loss in a semi that year. The kind of learning experience that leads to the next level. You’ll be right up there next year, and I hope we can drag our dysfunctional selves up there with ya.

Greetings from Dubrovnik!!

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Really don’t care how they play. They do them, we do us.
As for us, fantastic season, but terrible, terrible end. Massive opportunity wasted. No guarantees next year and we dropped two home finals. Not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back