Game Day Semi Final, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun fact: this is the Brisbane Lions fourth finals game against Western Bulldogs, now making the Bulldogs the sole leader in terms of games played against us in finals (we've played Carlton, Collingwood, Port Adelaide and Richmond three times each in finals).

I am fully expecting for us to get reamed by the umpires. Everyone should prepare themselves now, they will get everything.

md20

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
All important to get off to a good start tonight.
I really don’t think we play well from behind.
Especially late in games.

I dont know if there is any data to back up my worries. But I always feel like Ive copped a body shot if we dont kick the first goal.
I think you can tell in the first 2-5 minutes if we have shown up or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any word on a possible lockdown today?

Hoping the lack of early press conference means that Qld are going to stick with quarantining the kindy and school contacts for the moment. Hopefully sign that crowds at the game go ahead.

I dont know if there is any data to back up my worries. But I always feel like Ive copped a body shot if we dont kick the first goal.
I think you can tell in the first 2-5 minutes if we have shown up or not.
Couple of recent games where the oppo have kicked the first goal and we went on to have good wins.
Collingwood kicked a goal within about 15 seconds in their game and West Coast kicked the first 2 both pretty quick.
Both of those games we come back to lead at quarter time.

Lion_LegacyXL

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Couple of recent games where the oppo have kicked the first goal and we went on to have good wins.
Collingwood kicked a goal within about 15 seconds in their game and West Coast kicked the first 2 both pretty quick.
Our starts have been pretty slow this year, at the Gabba with that home crowd lift we can usually afford it to concede the first 1-3 goals.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We're backs to the wall right now with injuries and multiple views on who should play forward and who back . I listened to Zorks on the podcast. A bit disarming to hear him come up with a weird answer as to why we got beaten last week. If we don't go in with injured players , or at least if those who are can play near their right form then we should win. We hadn't played one of the good teams for quite a while till last week and I think it sapped our confidence. But we did fight it out and need to get some of our swagger back tonight. The Dogs will be up and about with after smoking Essendon. As others have said we need to stay with them if they start off still on a roll.

md20

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Yeah I dont know why it happens, just does.
I wish we started and finished every game like the Giants game earlier this season.

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We're backs to the wall right now with injuries and multiple views on who should play forward and who back . I listened to Zorks on the podcast. A bit disarming to hear him come up with a weird answer as to why we got beaten last week. If we don't go in with injured players , or at least if those who are can play near their right form then we should win. We hadn't played one of the good teams for quite a while till last week and I think it sapped our confidence. But we did fight it out and need to get some of our swagger back tonight. The Dogs will be up and about with after smoking Essendon. As others have said we need to stay with them if they start off still on a roll.
The only way we win tonight is if we have an even contribution across the 22. If we have 5-6 passengers like last week, we can kiss 2021 season goodbye. Our list is capable of beating anyone left in the final 5, it's just going to take a team effort. Fingers crossed.

On the quiet

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
They haven’t announced what time the morning press conference will be held yet. Often 9 or 10 on weekends
I digress, but if anyone saw QLD CHO answering some legitimate journalist questions yesterday, well it won't take much to cancel the crowds. Not even sure she wants to open at 80% double vaccinated.

Being nervous ahead of a semi-final beats sitting back looking through the draft thread over & over again.

Would hate to go out in straight sets again but I strongly believe our team next year will be our best yet (Provided we aren't as affected by long-term injuries).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back