Unofficial Preview Semi-Final : Changes against The Cats - Fri 3 September 2021, 7.50 pm AEST @ Optus Oval WA

Remove this Banner Ad

In theory I like the changes, Stone is very risky but Bruhn and Hill are fairly safe. Wouldn't have picked Mummy to go around again hopefully he's a late out tommorow and they roll with Briggs

In theory I like the changes, Stone is very risky but Bruhn and Hill are fairly safe. Wouldn't have picked Mummy to go around again hopefully he's a late out tommorow and they roll with Briggs
Hill has improved his defensive efforts enormously.
Playing a final in front of family and friends will hopefully add to his x-factor.

Good feeling

You got any feelings about the lotto numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He sure does, but much like his selection feelings he'll only tell you after the draw. ;)

One of the few times in his tenure where you can see a clear plan ( spread and run on a big deck)to win and the 22 has been selected accordingly. The old Leon would have had Buntine, Riccardi and Davis jammed in instead oh hill, Bruhn and stone abs we would have had a terribly
unbalanced side.

If they want to play Jezza, hawk, sav in the one forward good luck to them. Our backs will counter attack from D50 all night. Taylor, Stein, Idun, Haynes and cumming are a good mix to cover the talls plus Rohan

Red hot chance

Geelong playing pretty tall in defence think out smalls are a real chance to have an impact
One of the few times in his tenure where you can see a clear plan ( spread and run on a big deck)to win and the 22 has been selected accordingly. The old Leon would have had Buntine, Riccardi and Davis jammed in instead oh hill, Bruhn and stone abs we would have had a terribly
unbalanced side.

If they want to play Jezza, hawk, sav in the one forward good luck to them. Our backs will counter attack from D50 all night. Taylor, Stein, Idun, Haynes and cumming are a good mix to cover the talls plus Rohan

Red hot chance
Really love the mix of small and mid sized forwards they've got in there especially with Geelong playing pretty tall in the backline we could give them some real problems with our smalls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Intresting stat on fox footy saying that Geelong have been ranked 15th in the competition the last 4 weeks at defending scoring from stoppages giving up just under 40 points per game from stoppages. Should be a part of the game that we can really expose them in.

Geelong tall at both ends .... we’ve got a nice mix in the forward line and an excellent defense .... and we should beat them in the guts ...., points yo a win in my eyes

Can anyone explain why Davis is not selected? I would have thought he is still best 22, especially with all the injuries.

Can anyone explain why Davis is not selected? I would have thought he is still best 22, especially with all the injuries.
Phil's body has really started to show signs of breaking down in the back half of the year, I think Port was his last full game and he looked off the pace then and when Stein came in to replace him he hasn't looked out of place at all and this backline has done a remarkable job considering the absured volume they've had to defend against. Stein also quite a good athlete that can really run with the mobile tall forwards that Phil can't anymore.

If Davis isn’t a late in this week (which I think is a chance he might be) the question has to be asked if he has pulled the pin on footy .... he was quite shaken by the concussion against port but he should be right by now

If Davis isn’t a late in this week (which I think is a chance he might be) the question has to be asked if he has pulled the pin on footy .... he was quite shaken by the concussion against port but he should be right by now
I would have thought he might be carrying something else. It's been a month since the concussion hasn't he? The rehab report suggested he got through the 12 day concussion protocol fine, but hasn't played since.

I’ve seen Bruhn play but can you tell me a bit about Stone? What position will he play?
he'll play a run with style role I reckon. Basically he'll do what Reid normally does. Long term a much better option player.
He did really well early in the year before he was injured himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back