Prediction Semi Final: Changes Vs Collingwood (We survived to round 2!)

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s 8:30pm my time and 9:30am WA time. Hitting the sack early to wake up at 4am to watch our boys stun and silence 75,000 rabid Pies supporters.

Freo by 5!

If you’re going to the game, I want to hear you roar all the way here in Chicago!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So just quickly, is Chicago really windier than Freo?

So much for the young and inexperienced Collingwood side!
On player Pendlebury, 334, Sidebottom 264, deGoey, 118, Elliot 136, Crisp,
175,(157 Pies),Moore102, Hoskin Elliot, 157(!05 Pies, Maynard 138. Howe 195(95Pies)
Figures from the AFL Fantasy footy magazine. Official figures before the season began.

On player Pendlebury, 334, Sidebottom 264, deGoey, 118, Elliot 136, Crisp,
175,(157 Pies),Moore102, Hoskin Elliot, 157(!05 Pies, Maynard 138. Howe 195(95Pies)
Figures from the AFL Fantasy footy magazine. Official figures before the season began.
Pretty ridiculous.
Lose Mundy, Lobb and Acres and it’s only 8 players on the list with over 100 games experience (excluding Tucker if he leaves). Colyer, Fyfe, Brayshaw, Wilson, Walters, Tabs, Ryan and Aish.
Just two with over 150.

Pretty ridiculous.
Lose Mundy, Lobb and Acres and it’s only 8 players on the list with over 100 games experience (excluding Tucker if he leaves). Colyer, Fyfe, Brayshaw, Wilson, Walters, Tabs, Ryan and Aish.
Just two with over 150.
It's crazy too since Wilson and Colyer are break glass players, plus Tabs and Fyfe are always injured.

We're relying a lot on inexperienced players next year.

It's crazy too since Wilson and Colyer are break glass players, plus Tabs and Fyfe are always injured.

We're relying a lot on inexperienced players next year.
I'm hoping we can move Wilson back in by shuffling a few players around. He has absolutely killed the WAFL games he has been in the past few weeks.

Nah, he's 31 next year and we have moved past him. He's great to have as depth but I want us developing the next wave, not the last one.
Well on the otherside of the coin with the way he is playing Willo could have 2 maybe 3 years under his belt. If the experiment works with moving Clark/Chappy to the wing and Willo to the backline, than we could build our gameplan around it and simply draft another player like him for when he retires. We do need to use a faster style of play and this is a viable option imo.

Well on the otherside of the coin with the way he is playing Willo could have 2 maybe 3 years under his belt. If the experiment works with moving Clark/Chappy to the wing and Willo to the backline, than we could build our gameplan around it and simply draft another player like him for when he retires. We do need to use a faster style of play and this is a viable option imo.
If we move Chappy to the wing then I think that's ok.

Sounds like we want to give him a little more time in the backline before moving him though.

Nah, he's 31 next year and we have moved past him. He's great to have as depth but I want us developing the next wave, not the last one.
But at some point (now) we have to ride the wave we're on. We can't always be looking to the future without regard for where we are now. Wilson is too good to be playing ressies. He performed in the games he played this year. Should definitely be getting game time IMO.

But at some point (now) we have to ride the wave we're on. We can't always be looking to the future without regard for where we are now. Wilson is too good to be playing ressies. He performed in the games he played this year. Should definitely be getting game time IMO.
Wilson isn't that good. He's been a good AFL player but he's not some A grader we are holding back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back