Opinion Semi Final Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

So Clarke is still out for you guys too? Do you all think Barlow will get up? #gettingpodcastinfofortonight :)
Clarke played last week so I assume he will play again this week. Barlow said that he is confident of getting up. We'll just have to wait and see.

Clarke is playing. Barlow is 50/50, said he would play on radio but could be a late withdrawal.

Nah, Barlow is better than 50:50. More like 80:20. If he played with a broken thumb 2 weeks ago, he will play with a slightly sore foot.

Nah, Barlow is better than 50:50. More like 80:20. If he played with a broken thumb 2 weeks ago, he will play with a slightly sore foot.

Sorry is it Clarke or Johnson? Johnson had the knee didn't he? That extra tall I thought really meddled with our structure.

Crozier to start I hope and Suban to be a sub. Suban only plays for 2 quarters generally so his best bet is to make an impact as a sub. I hope Crozier rips it up in the forward line with a similar bone crunching tackle as last time against Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright all you Crozier fans lets hope the lad can stand up Saturday night and if Barlow comes out wouldnt want to see De Boer as sub hope Ross unleashes him in the square.

Crozier to start I hope and Suban to be a sub. Suban only plays for 2 quarters generally so his best bet is to make an impact as a sub. I hope Crozier rips it up in the forward line with a similar bone crunching tackle as last time against Hawthorn.

Agree with this. I like Suban as sub, and definitely think Crozier needs to start with Ballas not playing.

Alright all you Crozier fans lets hope the lad can stand up Saturday night and if Barlow comes out wouldnt want to see De Boer as sub hope Ross unleashes him in the square.

With out any doubt Crozier is class when he gets his hands on the ball, he just needs to make sure he works hard enough to get enough of the ball so he has an impact on the game. I am backing him to do that, but I don't think he should ever be a sub, he just is not an impact player.

Whoever Pittard matches up on, as much of the ball goes through him as possible (i would imagine it would be crozier or perhaps Mayne).. Pittard is a horrible defender and not much better coming out of the back half with the ball

I hope Tabs clunks a few on the lead up the ground early tomorrow - having him in a good head space and providing an option has less stress on Clarke and obviously the Pav...

weather wont be an issue, in fact it will suit a hard running lead up forward

I hope he rips it up by getting a sh!t load of the ball, as we need someone with precise foot skills after last week's display. Burned the ball at some important times with kicks above the forwards' heads.

His pressure will be important with balla missing but we'll need someone to kick and create goals too. Go Croz!

Could Hill be rotated to a half back flank to escape the Cornes tag and provide rebound against Port's offensive running? Two weeks ago Port often used their +1 player at the contest (was generally Polec), with ours behind the ball. Port doesn't have the dangerous talls that Sydney does, so rather than using Ibbo as our extra defender drifting in front of a tall target to provide intercept marks, our loose could play more as a running rebounder to expose Port's one-way runners.

Someone like Crozier, Suban or Mzungu could rotate with Hill as one of the two outside receivers, with adjustments being made across the midfield and defensive lines to set up Hill as our loose player a kick behind play.

It could be a waste of Hill's sublime delivery inside 50. But a win will be made more difficult if Cornes reduces Hill's impact on the outside with an effective tag.

Last edited:
Could Hill be rotated to a half back flank to escape the Cornes tag and provide rebound against Port's offensive running? Two weeks ago Port often used their +1 player at the contest (was generally Polec), with ours behind the ball. Port doesn't have the dangerous talls that Sydney does, so rather than using Ibbo as our extra defender drifting in front of a tall target to provide intercept marks, our loose could play more as a running rebounder to expose Port's one-way runners.

Someone like Crozier, Suban or Mzungu could rotate with Hill as one of the two outside receivers, with adjustments being made across the midfield and defensive lines to set up Hill as our loose player a kick behind play.

It could be a waste of Hill's sublime delivery inside 50. But a win will be made more difficult if Cornes reduces Hill's impact on the outside with an effective tag.
like it.
another option is for Hill to play forward at times. He is a good mark & dangerous around goals.

Agree but that role could go to Danyle. They could rotate them as you suggest but Crozier will probably stay predominately forward I think.
Hill, Gu and Danyle providing drive from half back.
A lot depends on whether Fyfe is getting heavily tagged in which case Hill may spend more time on ball.
Port didn't have to contend with Nat last time so that will be a significant challenge for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back